No announcement yet.

GGG would’ve SMASHED Hagler or Duran at Middleweight, but SRL could’ve won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG would’ve SMASHED Hagler or Duran at Middleweight, but SRL could’ve won

Size difference is apparent. I’d give SRL the chance to beat GGG. Thing is Duran and Hagler liked to bang it out and I think they’d get clipped in an exchange with Beast GGG. You need a mover like SRL.

That’s some good crack your smoking.

Comment

Both hagler and srl would kill ggg

Comment

I can't see any smashing happening either way round, I think SRL should be able to box round GGG but he'd need to fight the right fight. Give GGG the edge of Roberto cos of the size and Hagler Vs GGG would be a war for the ages I reckon.

Comment

GGG is bigger for sure. Same day weigh in fighters were a lot smaller in the ring weight wise than fighters that weigh in the day before. Most fighters gain 10-20lbs after weighing in nowadays.

Comment

GGG doesn't fight big. Just ask Chenko.

GGG may have had a chance vs Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
              Size difference is apparent. I’d give SRL the chance to beat GGG. Thing is Duran and Hagler liked to bang it out and I think they’d get clipped in an exchange with Beast GGG. You need a mover like SRL.

This thread brings back memories!

You used to post that photo of GGG and Hagler 20 times a week when you were going by Mirko Trollcop/Floyds Mask, demanding that GGG should stop being a weight bully at 160 and move up to his "natural" division - 168. Happy days!

Re the opinions you express here ... prime Golovkin vs any of the greats you named would have been a terrific match up that could have gone either way. That's how good prime GGG was, and why Sturm, Martinez, Quillin, Cotto and Canelo wanted nothing to do with him back then.
              Last edited by kafkod; 09-24-2020, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post

Good man.
                I always thought you a GGG hater but now i can see you fully believe in what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  GGG is bigger for sure. Same day weigh in fighters were a lot smaller in the ring weight wise than fighters that weigh in the day before. Most fighters gain 10-20lbs after weighing in nowadays.
                  That's a point many don't take into account. Going by Golovkin's pre fight championship weight checks, and knowing what a disciplined character he is, I think he could probably have made 160 with same day way ins up to around 2015, but not since then.

Comment

Its like chess every top 20 player today would beat bobby fisher even when they are not nearly as talented.

Its an unfair comparison

Comment

Working...
                    X