Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo-Fielding Probably Gets DAZN 1 Million Subscribers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo-Fielding Probably Gets DAZN 1 Million Subscribers

NEW YORK Eddie Hearn expects Canelo Alvarez to make an immense impact immediately for DAZN. The British promoter predicted Wednesday that Alvarez's first fight on the new streaming service "probably" will account for "a million subscribers overnight." DAZN doesn't release its subscription figures, but its executive chairman, former ESPN president John Skipper, obviously is counting on the Mexican superstar to lure subscribers to the fledgling platform.
    [Click Here To Read More]

DAZN just got a lot more attractive. Everyone I know is getting it. NFL, NBA, Boxing, Canelo and Cowboys!! How could you not.

I getting rid of cable and keeping Netflix and DAZN!!

Comment

Probably not happening

It’ll increase significantly

But I doubt it jumps from anreported 15k who watched AJ to a million to watch Canelo fight Feilding

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
        DAZN just got a lot more attractive. Everyone I know is getting it. NFL, NBA, Boxing, Canelo and Cowboys!! How could you not.

I getting rid of cable and keeping Netflix and DAZN!!
        It has nfl too?? What country are you from

Comment

Either he's not familiar with the data around streaming products or he's just doing his usual media nonsense.

I expect Canelo's contribution to the app to result in the addition of 1M -1.5M solid subscribers over the life of the deal (meaning the whole five years)

The first fight will add around 250k-300k hardcore active followers of boxing.

His cinco de mayo fight should do the rest. That will be it. There's a cap on conversions for products like these in relation to any particular individual.

Comment

WTF lol, Hearn spinning sh^t as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              It has nfl too?? What country are you from
              That guy clearly isn't from the US. Dazn has to wait several years before they get into a bidding war with the big dogs of media.

That's actually why they're signing these boxing deals, they have two goals.

1. Get some solid cash flow going to mitigate massive losses.
              2. Build in a solid base audience so that the big players will take them seriously. (I think 5M subs is their target figure before TV contracts expire.).
              3. Then offer north of 5B - 10B per to the big boys when the time comes.

Comment

dazn is smoking hot right now, but eddie keeps acting like he's getting a cut of that canelo check, and his chronies are eating it up

hearn is co-promoting the fielding fight. from what is being reported, that is it! fielding is his fighter.

otherwise GBP made a deal directly with DAZN. i expect some collaboration, but for the most part GBP fighters will be on the GBP shows and hearn will put on shows mostly in england [some US too,] and they'll be matchroom shows on DAZN.

Comment

Canelo vs. Rocky Fielding should be a free facebook stream.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    Probably not happening

It’ll increase significantly

But I doubt it jumps from anreported 15k who watched AJ to a million to watch Canelo fight Feilding
                    Where was it reported? Pretty sure it was a made up twitter rumour. Hearn said the numbers weren't too far off a normal Showtime number. Most AJ fights did approx. 500k on Showtime so AJ-Povetkin probably did 300-400k on DAZN. Obviously all of them were free trials. But they will definitely get 1m+ tuning in to watch Canelo fight for free. How many become paying subscribers remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X