Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current fighters would you consider elite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    No "Elite" men at this time.
    The words Elite and Great have lost their real meaning on this forum.
    Every era has their "best" but that doesn't mean their best translates to all era's.

There are a few very good talents in the past 10 years but elite is not a description of anyone I can think of.

Ray
    If you’re going back 10 years what about Mayweather & Pacquiao?

Comment

Suddenly, GGG ain't elite anymore lmao

Comment

It's hard to say. There's guys who look a cut above the rest, who you'd imagine are elite level, but it's hard to say until they've been in there with, and beat, fighters of equal ability.

Comment

Tank
          Loma
          Charlo's
          Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            It's hard to say. There's guys who look a cut above the rest, who you'd imagine are elite level, but it's hard to say until they've been in there with, and beat, fighters of equal ability.
            This is it. This is why I don’t hold any stock in the ‘eye test’

I’d sooner have AJ on a pound for pound list than Spence or Crawford. And people’s t.its absolutely fall out when they see a heavyweight on any pound for pound list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              This is it. This is why I don’t hold any stock in the ‘eye test’

I’d sooner have AJ on a pound for pound list than Spence or Crawford. And people’s t.its absolutely fall out when they see a heavyweight on any pound for pound list.
              That's because they don't belong and it's silly to include them. It's pound for pound not who has the best accolades, awards, or brags.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                That's because they don't belong and it's silly to include them. It's pound for pound not who has the best accolades, awards, or brags.
                Agreed I don’t agree with the pound for pound aspect,

AJ and Wilder would be s.hite if you shrunk them to 10 stone 7. Which since Mayweather is the land of the pound for pounders. People can’t wait to shoehorn those fighters in there.

But surely it should be about accolades and fighters who compete at their optimum level.
                If you’re using the eye test then that ain’t happening. Just my opinion
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-16-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Elite for money making or elite for sklii ?

Lomachenko
                  Inoue
                  Usyk
                  Crawford
                  Canelo
                  Golovkin
                  Joshua
                  Mikey garcia
                  ...spence has still not proved himself yet so the jury is still in debate about him..only beat a damaged brook

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Agreed I don’t agree with the pound for pound aspect,

AJ and Wilder would be s.hite if you shrunk them to 10 stone 7. Which since Mayweather is the land of the pound for pounders. People can’t wait to shoehorn those fighters in there.

But surely it should be about accolades and fighters who compete at their optimum level.
                    If you’re using the eye test then that ain’t happening. Just my opinion
                    joshua still keeps winning and has beaten hall of famers and has stopped well schooled world and olympic champion who wasnt stopped before.
                    Thats elite in my eyes

Comment

"If you’re going back 10 years what about Mayweather & Pacquiao"?..................................

Most regard both fighters as elite at 147, I do NOT!

Floyd at 130lbs was very good and a top twenty talent at that weight.
                      Manny at the lower weights was a terrific competitor and exciting performer.

Again most fans here think of both of them as great welters, they are NOT!

So ten years ago neither man was performing at their best!

Today every body is "great" and "elite" without boxrec no one on here would have an opinion!!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X