Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who thinks Wilder has a chance knows shiat about boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Years ago I had Fury, now, a washed up fighter?

If the real Fury shows up, wins.
    If not, Bum Squad wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      You're from London? Well fancy that lol

If Fury even goes the distance in any fashion, I'll add any signature pic you want for a month. Deal?
      Deal. You will have a good Fury picture as your signature for a month and not one denigrating him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Wilder has an entire career proving that the puncher will come out on top of the better boxer from time to time.

Literally anything could happen in this fight and I wouldn't be surprised.
        Fighting guys rated 339 doesn't count and most of his opponent were like that.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Nevan Pajkic and Steve Cunningham both put Fury on the mat BEFORE his 2 and a half year steroid/cocaine/booze/Twinkie vacation. No way Fury's chin or mobility are better now than they were back then.

Fury is getting destroyed. Best case scenario is he gets up and leaves the ring in relatively good health instead of lying on the floor twitching like Liahkovich, babbling incoherently at the post fight presser like Washington, or on a stretcher like Szpilka.
          He underestimated a small man. Tyson Fury is a great boxer and range controller now. He will float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Ortiz came in there at 241+ and hit Wilder with several consecutive heavy shots and couldn't even knock him down. He almost got him, but ultimately Wilder weathered it. And this was with Wilder at a career-low 214. He'll probably be in the mid to high 220s against Fury. At most we're looking at a 15-20 pound weight difference unless Fury balloons up to his Seferi fight weight again.

Fury does not hit as hard as Ortiz and chin has alwas been suspect to begin with. Nevan Pajkic and Steve Cunningham both put him on the mat. If Wilder connects like those two did, Fury isn't getting up.
            Wilder was given time to survive. Had boxing rules been followed and not that corruption Wilder would have been annihilated.

Comment

Wilder will be hitting nothing but air.

These casuals fan can't comprehend the vast skill differential between fury and wilder.

Fury is not just going to beat wilder, he's going to make him look like an amateur, he's going to completely humiliate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                Fury is back and that spells trouble for Wilder. Yes I said it. Good boxer versus a puncher, boxer wins all the time. Wilder is amateurish, the name of the sport is called boxing and that's the lesson Wilder will get. Windmills will not work and make no mistake, Fury isn't as light a puncher as you all think. He will stick that jab and move. There is a possibility Wilder will actually get stopped. Wilder is just banking on a lucky shot, that won't work.
                It's why Wilder has to make him fight at a much a faster pace by drawing him into a firefight. Fury's strategy is real simple.

Run out the clock, don't get hit and hope to win the fight on the scorecards. Deontay Wilder is the overall better athlete. He is in better shape and has the better conditioning.

That Fury of three years ago against Klitschko is gone and we might not ever see him again. Moreover after all he has put his body through he just might not be the same.

While Tyson Fury is mentally tough and have a strong will, yet his body is still weak from all the years of abuse and it's up to Deontay Wilder to exploit that fact and weakness by breaking him down physically.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  This post is an example of the positive use of stereotype and understanding the big picture. Yes there is a notion that the puncher is brutish nasty and short (had to get Hobbes in there somehow)... and the boxer is the technician. This is a fallacy of the highest order. All anyone has to do is watch a puncher, watch a pressure fighter, to see how they use technique to be succesful. All approaches to pugalism at the highest level take extraordinary technical skills. I implore people to watch tapes of Marciano its all there.

It is also interesting that the Jews in boxing, while they held sway, gravitated to certain technical approaches and BTW Max Bauer was not Jewish... or so it was rumered.

Finally and to me this is important... the puncher is at a disadvantage because of the 12 round fight. Punchers benefit from those last rounds more than the defensive wizards. I think about this often considering a match like Fury versus Wilder. Fury has to avoid a right hand essentially for little more than 10 rounds, we need those last three rounds! to give the puncher that much needed opportunity to catch the boxer.
                  I didn't know Max wasn't jewish!

I always assumed jews and blacks boxed more often then punched because Daniel The Jew Mendoza held a whole lot of influence on his own and the star pupils of Mendoza School were black.

I have no history to validate this, but I always just assumed from there black guys were inspired by the black fellas Mendoza trained, like Bill Richmond and Tom Molyneaux, and given Mendoza himself was jewish and didn't let anyone forget that fact he just being him was inspiration for the jews.

As far as why Mendoza himself boxed the way he did I can only assume The Jew was a clever bastard. There is mention of defense prior to Mendoza, even movement and what not, but it seems he's the first man to make it central to his fight plan. Given his whole promotion centered around being Jewish during the inquisition era sentiments toward jews I'm sure he was plenty inspiration for young european jews.

It's easy to assume Danny is the answer, but like I said it's all just assumption on my part. He's kind of the architype one way or another though....and it is striking how similar Floyd was to Mendoza, but still I have no historical connections.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble about jewish boxing, it's just that it's interesting to me and once I got going this come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    Deal. You will have a good Fury picture as your signature for a month and not one denigrating him.
                    Great

I like Fury and will be pulling for him come December.

But, he's getting some zzzzzzzz's

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I'm only nervous for fury because I want fury to beat him. But I don't think wilder can beat beat fury also. I think wilder thinks he can beat fury, bordering on hopes he can beat fury, but I think wilder knows he's got a hard night with fury.
                      Wilder don't punch harder than fury in this fight they are equal punchers as wilder hasn't got the weight to absorb the blows
                      Huh?

Hugh, I usually think you're a level headed poster but you can't possibly really believe this.

Comment

Working...
                      X