• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say

#1 GGG
    #2 Kovalev
    #3 Luis Ortiz

for now

Specially if you talk P4P, Golovkin is not a big middleweight and he has the longest streak in knockouts on a championship level.

Kovalev is a great puncher with insane knockout power, if he manages to stop Ward, he would easily be #1.

Luis Ortiz knocked out Bryant Jennings, while Wlad couldn't do it. He is getting older and I hope he gets a big fight, he might be the best and strongest HW at the time.

Joshua looks insanely strong, but he has to prove it and knock out someone with a decent chin at Heavyweight, someone like Stiverne maybe.

Beterbiev also looks brutal, he also has to get a belt first and face top 10 guys to gauge him.

Then we have Murat Gassiev with the knockout of the year, a young cruiserweight trained by Abel Sanchez.

We have Oleksandr Usyk, another great upcoming cruiser who takes on Glowacki in Glowackis backyard, in Poland, that will be a slugfest. If Usyk knocks him out, he belongs on this list.

Wilder has alot of knockouts, even though he couldn't stop Stiverne, if he actually fights and knocks out Povetkin he belongs on this list as well.

Evgeny Kavaliauskas could belong on that list, a very dangerous hard hitting welterweight, same as Errol Spence. Let's see how they evolve.

Comment

World class light heavyweights rarely last 5 rounds against Kovalev. No other fighter is destroying that level of competition as quickly as he is. Golovkin's close, but a fighter like Martin Murray wouldn't last 11 against Kovalev.

Comment

Kovalev......and he has the right kind of punches to go along with his power.

Comment

Originally posted by mannysavage View Post
          Who would you say is the P4P hardest puncher in boxing today?
          Id say Artur Beterbiev is #1, literally like every single punch he lands hurts his opponents and gives an echoing thudding noise across the arena, and whats so amazing with his power is that he nearly never loads up on his punches, which means that if he wanted he could punch even harder then he does now... scary stuff

Honorable mentions: Luis Ortiz, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua, Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev, Adonis Stevenson, Takashi Uchiyama, Danny Jacobs, Wladimir Klitschko, Keith Thurman, Roman Gonzalez, Nicholas Walters, Dmitry Kudryashov, Errol Spence, Egidijus Kavaliauskas, Ievgen Khytrov, Bakhtiyar Eyubov
          My vote is for GGG as the hardest pound for pound puncher in boxing. Beterbiev and Kovalev are right up there with him and I have no problem with either of them getting the number 1 spot. Ortiz is a hard puncher but not in the same class with the best punchers. He couldn't even KO Berto, Lopez, Peterson and other average fighters.

Comment

I am sorry. I read your post too quickly and didn't notice you said Luis Ortiz who is a great puncher who gets the job done and deserves a spot on your list.

Comment

Kovalev. The dude knocked a guy a out with a jab to the body. Who else does that?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                World class light heavyweights rarely last 5 rounds against Kovalev. No other fighter is destroying that level of competition as quickly as he is. Golovkin's close, but a fighter like Martin Murray wouldn't last 11 against Kovalev.

What "World class light heavyweights" is Kovalev knocking out????

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  My vote is for GGG as the hardest pound for pound puncher in boxing. Beterbiev and Kovalev are right up there with him and I have no problem with either of them getting the number 1 spot. Ortiz is a hard puncher but not in the same class with the best punchers. He couldn't even KO Berto, Lopez, Peterson and other average fighters.
                  GGG is not a one punch KO fighter...

Arthur Abraham had more power at 160 than GGG plus he KO'd MUCH better fighters.

Compare AA highlights to GGG's

Do it

Go to Youtube right now and compare.

Comment

Has to be someone with One punch KO power I don't really think of anyone at the moment

Comment

Working...
                    X