Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    dropped like a sack of scottish bricks.

http://www.hotelschool.cornell.edu/
    i'd be embarrassed if i went to servant school.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
      1. Snopes is comprised of 2 nerds with no investigative background whatsoever using Google to search for stuff.
      2. I have no time or patience for La Raza, MeCHa, KKK or New Black Panthers apologists.
      3. The fact that you would take time to defend this monster speaks volumes.
      I wasn't defending him, just pointing out the unsourced part of the quote in your picture, and to take the opportunity to show that a lot of these anti(insert group or thing you're against here) messages often include false info.

As far as Snopes, I don't care about their background, just that they cite sources, Google or otherwise. Further, the Snopes link contains sourced quotes from some Hispanic leaders I don't agree with and don't care if they're exposed as supremacists because they don't speak for me.

Comment

To compare La Raza with the KKK is absurd. You can argue that members of La Raza have said racist things and that they are extreme in some of their positions, but the KKK was murdering people because of their skin color.

Let's be real here.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Holliday View Post
          I wasn't defending him, just pointing out the unsourced part of the quote in your picture, and to take the opportunity to show that a lot of these anti(insert group or thing you're against here) messages often include false info.

As far as Snopes, I don't care about their background, just that they cite sources, Google or otherwise. Further, the Snopes link contains sourced quotes from some Hispanic leaders I don't agree with and don't care if they're exposed as supremacists because they don't speak for me.
          Glad to hear you weren't defending the Hispanic version of David Duke or that you don't agree with La Raza of which Gutierrez is a founder.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          To compare La Raza with the KKK is absurd. You can argue that members of La Raza have said racist things and that they are extreme in some of their positions, but the KKK was murdering people because of their skin color.

Let's be real here.
          Key word there being was. La Raza, The Race whose motto is "“Por La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada" or "For the Race, everything, outside the Race, nothing" is a million times more relevant today fomenting hatred and divisiveness than the KKK. In that respect you are right, there is no comparison.

Comment

Glad to hear you weren't defending the Hispanic version of David Duke or that you don't agree with La Raza of which Gutierrez is a founder.

Key word there being was. La Raza, The Race whose motto is "“Por La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada" or "For the Race, everything, outside the Race, nothing" is a million times more relevant today fomenting hatred and divisiveness than the KKK. In that respect you are right, there is no comparison.
            You don't speak spanish because "Raza" is used not as "Race" in the way we know it. It's more to do with the "People". Even though the literal translation is race, you can say in Spanish for example, are there a lot of Raza there? Meaning Mexican people.

I'm not going to get into this with you, because it's obvious you posted that originally to get a rise out of some people here but if you think La Raza is comparable to the KKK, then our discussion is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              You don't speak spanish because "Raza" is used not as "Race" in the way we know it. It's more to do with the "People". Even though the literal translation is race, you can say in Spanish for example, are there a lot of Raza there? Meaning Mexican people.

I'm not going to get into this with you, because it's obvious you posted that originally to get a rise out of some people here but if you think La Raza is comparable to the KKK, then our discussion is over.
              Ah yes, because "for the (Mexican) people, everything, outside the (Mexican) people, nothing" is so much better.

But thank you for exposing yourself as a La Raza apologist. Are you here for anything other than bashing religion and defending/promoting supremacist groups?

Comment

Living Next Door to Alice is a great song.

Comment

Btw, I forgot to ask you where that picture you posted came from, and if you can show us a source for the second part of that Gutierrez quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    i'd be embarrassed if i went to servant school.
                    i can almost garantee that you wouldn't even sniff the wait list at cornell's engineering school.
                    http://www.engineering.cornell.edu/

that hotel school is the best on the planet. the most popular major at this "servant school" is "hotel management." with a degree like that one from a school like cornell you can reasonably expect to be making six figures right out of college. if you do well coming out of a program like that you can expect to have a portfolio in the millions before you're 30.

you might employ a couple of the engineers...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i can almost garantee that you wouldn't even sniff the wait list at cornell's engineering school.
                      http://www.engineering.cornell.edu/

that hotel school is the best on the planet. the most popular major at this "servant school" is "hotel management." with a degree like that one from a school like cornell you can reasonably expect to be making six figures right out of college. if you do well coming out of a program like that you can expect to have a portfolio in the millions before you're 30.

you might employ a couple of the engineers...
                      I wouldn't be able to work knowing I'm not striving to contribute to the advancement of mankind.

Ultimately my far out goal is to contribute somehow to the world and make my life somewhat worthwhile. Managing a hotel doesn't come under that for me personally. That's why I want to go into Science, I feel it gives me the best shot of accomplishing my goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X