No announcement yet.

Why the Hell did Floyd retire again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    So do people actually thing marg would have beaten mayweather?
    I've always thought an 08/09 Margarito takes Floyd to hell and back in a lopsided UD loss. Margarito would just eat punches and keep coming forward. Floyd relies on his counter punching to back people off and Margs just wouldn't back off. He had a style that would've pushed Floyd hard for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
      So do people actually thing marg would have beaten mayweather?
      No head movement.

No speed.

No defense.

No agility or footspeed.

Weak to the body.

Equals No chance against Floyd. It woul'dve been target practice. Floyd would'nt miss him.Would've been a massacre imo. I would've loved to see it.

Even if Marg is really aggressive and manages to take 2-3 early rounds. Its only a matter of time before Floyd figures him out and figures what exact punches he can l;and at will then it's over. Body shots, jabs to the body, rights over the top. Marg gets eaten alive in this fight.

Floyd's strength is VERY underrated he's strong enough to tie Marg up on the inside rendering him useless.

Floyd wide UD or late TKO (REF OR DOC STOPPAGE).
      Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
        Floyd turned down Margarito to fight Bladomir for $8mil
        Is that a a fact or something you made up. Show proff of Cotto saying he wants no part of Mayweather.
        stop kidding yourself - its not a good look

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

http://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-may...from-me--43832

plus why dont you show me some proof (not proff) that Cotto ever actually did anything to make that fight??

Comment

[Floyd]I'm not trying to fight no welterweights[/May weather]

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            When you give your life to something at times its easy to feel like youve had enough and want to walk away , you just need a mental refresh but dont know that at the time , but you empty head kids would not know anything of the sort , your too busy calling superstar world boxing champions chicken , they are not wind up toys , the pressure on these top guys is huge , they dont all carry things the same way and who knows whats going on in their private lives , the rubbish the haters come out with on this site is BS , like a bunch of women arguing about days of our lives .
            This is the most intelligent thing ive heard on this site.
            usually most of these guys post makes me wanna kill myself.
            common sense and wisdom will always triumph.

Comment

Ill tell you the real reason why he retired.

Thier was too much risk to his undefeated record. He was supposed to rematch De La Hoya but Pacquaio ruined those plans. So rather carry on for lil pay compared to a Oscar Paycheck he retired then came back for easy pickings. He only returned not out of design but because of opportunity.

Comment

2007 after the dlh fight Floyd was post to fight Shane but he retired. Shane went ahead with the Cotto fight. Floyd comes out of retire ment when Ricky called him out. We all thought we would get the winners. Floyd retired again and the rise of Pacquiao began. Cotto lost to Margarito and Margarito lost to Shane. Pacquiao in the mean time punishing folk. This is why i believe he went Duck city

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Ill tell you the real reason why he retired.

Thier was too much risk to his undefeated record. He was supposed to rematch De La Hoya but Pacquaio ruined those plans. So rather carry on for lil pay compared to a Oscar Paycheck he retired then came back for easy pickings. He only returned not out of design but because of opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
                    stop kidding yourself - its not a good look

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

http://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-may...from-me--43832

plus why dont you show me some proof (not proff) that Cotto ever actually did anything to make that fight??
                    First article written on April 25, 2006.
                    Who did Mayweather fight next? Bladomir
                    He did not fight De La Hoya until 05/2007

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      I've always thought an 08/09 Margarito takes Floyd to hell and back in a lopsided UD loss. Margarito would just eat punches and keep coming forward. Floyd relies on his counter punching to back people off and Margs just wouldn't back off. He had a style that would've pushed Floyd hard for 12 rounds.
                      No he doesn't rely on counter punching to back people, he is good at doing that but he is also capable of pot shotting his opponents and staying out of range.

Mayweather v Margarito would end up like Mayweather v Margarito and people would end up crying about Mayweather how Mayweather fought like a girl by not standing toe to toe with Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                      X