No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia says he wants Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    Didn't know you were a hugger, I actually thought well of you as a poster before this thread.
    But you didn't, whose fault is that? Didn't realize you were so attached to Gamboa.
    You're sounding pretty repetitive. But it's all good, I could careless. You're not the first and won't be the last. We all have fighters we defend. Cuban fighters are pretty limited so I have to back them up. There's also a pretty big difference between a supporter and a hugger as well. Im not going around making any of them look like the next P4P kings, highest sellers or trying to make them sound unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      You're sounding pretty repetitive. But it's all good, I could careless. You're not the first and won't be the last. We all have fighters we defend. Cuban fighters are pretty limited so I have to back them up. There's also a pretty big difference between a supporter and a hugger as well. Im not going around making any of them look like the next P4P kings, highest sellers or trying to make them sound unbeatable.
      The mere fact that you went out of your way to address a generalized post to further denigrate another fighter's résumé just to big up a fighter who doesn't have a résumé of their own to brag about makes it sound justified that you'd respond. I, too, have an affinity for the Cuban fighters, but I don't let that cloud my vision or sway my opinion on what I think would happen inside the ring. You're making Gamboa seem like he's p4p the greatest just because Garcia said he wants a crack at him. And to be honest, out of all the Cubans, Lara and Rigo have the finer tools and will make the most progress out of that bunch. But hey, if you're sold on Gamboa, that's cool.

Comment

The mere fact that you went out of your way to address a generalized post to further denigrate another fighter's résumé just to big up a fighter who doesn't have a résumé of their own to brag about makes it sound justified that you'd respond. I, too, have an affinity for the Cuban fighters, but I don't let that cloud my vision or sway my opinion on what I think would happen inside the ring. You're making Gamboa seem like he's p4p the greatest just because Garcia said he wants a crack at him. And to be honest, out of all the Cubans, Lara and Rigo have the finer tools and will make the most progress out of that bunch. But hey, if you're sold on Gamboa, that's cool.
        Greatest? Nope. But the guy sure is P4P caliber and the only thing keeping him out of there is his inactivity. Meanwhile, Garcia is not even top 20. And as far as your comment is concerned about me being sold on Gamboa, it's true to certain extend. Who isn't besides you? The dude has faced the opposition and the skills to prove it. He also has won every fight CONVINCINGLY even when being KDed. But if you go back to a couple of my posts you will see me mentioning that I don't have very high hopes for Gamboa (which proves your "hugger" comment invalid once again) or Rigo ANYMORE. One has been inactive for over a year and the other one is 31 years old with only 12 fights and Top Rank is doing nothing to up his competition. Lara on the other hand, has the brighter future. He's 28-29 and has a very important fight in his career coming up.

Comment

Gamboa does murk him. Badly.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Greatest? Nope. But the guy sure is P4P caliber and the only thing keeping him out of there is his inactivity. Meanwhile, Garcia is not even top 20. And as far as your comment is concerned about me being sold on Gamboa, it's true to certain extend. Who isn't besides you? The dude has faced the opposition and the skills to prove it. He also has won every fight CONVINCINGLY even when being KDed. But if you go back to a couple of my posts you will see me mentioning that I don't have very high hopes for Gamboa (which proves your "hugger" comment invalid once again) or Rigo ANYMORE. One has been inactive for over a year and the other one is 31 years old with only 12 fights and Top Rank is doing nothing to up his competition. Lara on the other hand, has the brighter future. He's 28-29 and has a very important fight in his career coming up.
            There are a lot of fighters that are p4p caliber that still take L's to less gifted fighters in the sport. I'm not denying Gamboa has physical ability, I simply stated that I thought Garcia could beat Gamboa and your immediate response was to trash Garcia, and that's fine, but when we're debating and you get all worked up, that lets me know where you stand about a particular fighter. Do you seem less bias in this last post; yes. But before that, you showed the symptoms of a hugger.

And I do see where you're coming from on Rigo and his age and reluctance to step up in comp could very well be his demise, but again, I think there's more upside to an older, wiser boxer than there is to a physically gifted, loose cannon with a questionable chin. As for Lara... that dude is legit [even with the Molina bout].

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              So he was a mandatory for a guy who didn't have a title, got it. You see how stupid you making yourself look.
              You are the stupid one, prior to the fight Garcia told reporters that his brother wasn't ready for Gamboa even thought he was the mandatory, everyone that follow boxing knows about this, the stripping thing was generated by Arum so Garcia could fight for the title against a hand picked fighter, he will never pit Mikey against a prime Gamboa just like he did or didn't do with Juanma, you guys can dream but Gamboa will mop the floor with Mikey after beating him up from pillar to post, they are not in the same zip code.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                You are the stupid one, prior to the fight Garcia told reporters that his brother wasn't ready for Gamboa even thought he was the mandatory, everyone that follow boxing knows about this, the stripping thing was generated by Arum so Garcia could fight for the title against a hand picked fighter, he will never pit Mikey against a prime Gamboa just like he did or didn't do with Juanma, you guys can dream but Gamboa will mop the floor with Mikey after beating him up from pillar to post, they are not in the same zip code.
                Arum stripped Gamboa of his title, not the IBF who has a mandatory next day weigh in, I guess Arum made Gamboa put his hands on his girl too, I guess Arum told Gamboa not to show up for the Rios fight too. Nothing is ever Gamboa's fault, got it.

That hand picked fighter was Billy Dib, and the fight never fell through, so the IBF awarded Dib a chance on his next fight.

You're trying real hard to put this on Team Garcia, but he's not the one getting arrested and he's not the one in contract disputes. Please tell me how Mikey is supposed to fight Gamboa, when Gamboa has the most unorganized team in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  Arum stripped Gamboa of his title, not the IBF who has a mandatory next day weigh in, I guess Arum made Gamboa put his hands on his girl too, I guess Arum told Gamboa not to show up for the Rios fight too. Nothing is ever Gamboa's fault, got it.

That hand picked fighter was Billy Dib, and the fight never fell through, so the IBF awarded Dib a chance on his next fight.

You're trying real hard to put this on Team Garcia, but he's not the one getting arrested and he's not the one in contract disputes. Please tell me how Mikey is supposed to fight Gamboa, when Gamboa has the most unorganized team in boxing.
                  You see what you want to see, there's no point in explaining how dirty boxing is and Arum is the King, do you really think Arum will let Mikey fight Gamboa, A potential low division Canelo in the making? Gamboa was under 10 lbs the next day so he make the IBF mandatory next day weight in, so my question is who would benefit from Gamboa's losing his belt without any explanation? Remember he just opted for not showing to the weight in and he made the weight, whether your like or not Mikey had his chance to fight him and they pass, it seems funny to me that he is opening his mouth when he knows Gamboa is not in his weight division any longer, unless he is planing to fight him at 130 lbs.
                  Last edited by garfios; 10-09-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    You see what you want to see, there's no point in explaining how dirty boxing is and Arum is the King, do you really think Arum will let Mikey fight Gamboa, A potential low division Canelo in the making? Gamboa was under 10 lbs the next day so he make the IBF mandatory next day weight in, so my question is who would benefit from Gamboa's losing his belt without any explanation? Remember he just opted for not showing to the weight in and he made the weight, whether your like or not Mikey had his chance to fight him and they pass, it seems funny to me that he is opening his mouth when he knows Gamboa is not in his weight division any longer, unless he is planing to fight him at 130 lbs.
                    How do you lose chance to fight a Champion who doesn't have a belt or did you miss the part when JuanMa was in the ring after the Solis fight and said that they were fighting each other next.

Or was it when Gamboa got locked up and didn't fight because of legal problems, as much I want to see Mikey trash Gamboa, I know that their schedules have conflicted each other, you on the other hand are trying your best to put this on Mikey like he ducked Gamboa, in that process your making yourself look extremely ignorant.

Comment

Garcia will beat that ,Hypejob Gamboa, to a pulp!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X