Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    You are sounding ridiculous, didn't take long. I don't want an "internet argument" with you. Most of the Klitschko opponents were otherwise very competent fighters. The guy has never been shaken in a fight, and hunts his opponents. Which other heavyweight have you seen do this?? I've seen none since Tyson.
    Exactly.

Sadly, some people seem blind to the positive aspects of Vitali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      You want to talk about overrated look at some of the past greats that get overrated as greats like crazy. Jack Johnson to Marciano to Holmes to Tyson. Somehow a guy who ducked his fellow black boxers to only fight tough man type Caucasian boxers as well as fighting Jefferies off a long layoff is so much greater than Vitali has done. Bullshit! Tyson who I loved as a kid was a bum killer but because he looked mean and intimidating he's top 5 ATG to some people(I do give props for the young HW title but that alone doesn't justify it). Holmes was as exciting as watching paint dry and he fought more bums than you could imagine.

We all can knit pick people's resumes.
      Marciano is overrated by a lot, but his resume is a lot better than Wlad or Vitali's. He still beat Charles and Walcott, who were past their prime but still good. And he still beat Savold and Moore, and Louis (though he was past his prime).

How's it much different than Lennox beating past prime-still good Holyfield, and a past prime Tyson???

Holmes still had a long heavyweight reign, and was able to get Norton and Shavers on his resume, better than anything Vitali has on his.

And at least Tyson beat Spinks (after Spinks beat Holmes), and had other solid wins like Ruddock, Bruno, Tucker, etc.

Ruddock, Berbick, Tucker, Shavers > Briggs, Peter, Donald, Johnson, Arreola, etc. As far as how good they were or who would have won H2H.

Comment

• Still though, John Ruiz isn't even a Top 30 HW.

Comment

Working...
        X