No announcement yet.

Shane's Strategy Was To Land The Big Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane's Strategy Was To Land The Big Shot

Despite Naazim's philosophy, or Shane's boast of speed, power, jab, his only strategy was 2 land a big shot, he never intended 2 outbox, outflank, outthink Floyd. He gave up after his big shot failed.

that's what it looked like. After the second round he kept looking for that sweet punch. But Floyd adjusted and he hardly landed a meaningful punch thereafter.

Comment

I just dont think he had a real strategy, his team and all that hoopla on 24/7 was hogwash, they still dont have a clue how to beat Mayweather. Its disrespectful to fans he had no real plan at all.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Despite Naazim's philosophy, or Shane's boast of speed, power, jab, his only strategy was 2 land a big shot, he never intended 2 outbox, outflank, outthink Floyd. He gave up after his big shot failed.
        SSM had a good strategy and followed the game plan for the first two rounds. He started looking for the knockout when Floyd made adjustments and he had no answer for Floyd's offense. He had no choice, but to go for the knock mid-way through the fight because no way he was going to out-box, out think Floyd, and he doesn't have any defense.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
          I just dont think he had a real strategy, his team and all that hoopla on 24/7 was hogwash, they still dont have a clue how to beat Mayweather. Its disrespectful to fans he had no real plan at all.
          i agree...lame ass Shame

Comment

Thats the thing though, "smart", why does everyone who fights Floyd fight dumb, I have never seen anyone fight him smart, they all seem to be in Community College while he's in Princeton.

Comment

I think Shane recognized from the beginning that he probably would not be able to box his way to a decision win against Mayweather. After recognizing that he really only had a puncher's chance, the logical next step was to used a strategy that focused on trying to land big punches. Nazim found a bit of a weakness in Mayweather's defense and saw that he could be hit by the overhand right. In the second round Mosley was able to successfully exploit this weakness. I think Nazim and Mosley were either hoping to KO Floyd right away or just keep landing more of those big shots throughout the fight. Unfortunately for them, Floyd recovered quickly, adjusted, and didn't let himself get hit with the same shot again for the rest of the fight (though Mosley kept looking for it).

Comment

I don't believe that Shane was at his best, and that was twofold to Shane's loss. After he hurt Mayweather (and the last fight ending in the knockout of the baddest man on the planet), of course Shane was gonna go for the knockout, and you have to respect that. Ironically I believe that Shane's father would've been a better coach for that fight.

I don't believe Naazim Richardson is really that good of a trainer, he's just a dude who knows certain things very well (like how to fight Mexicans and straight up whiteboys)...

Comment

I also didn't like some of the training methods Shane was using. Like that thing he was hitting while wearing headgear, or those noodle looking things.....I like old school mitts or double end/heavy bag.

It was just like when I didn't like Malignaggi's training for Hatton

Comment

Mayweather's strategy was to whip that ass!!! And that's exactualy what he did!!!! And Pacquiao should expect no differant!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X