Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people picking Pavlik based on Martinez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people picking Pavlik based on Martinez.

There is nothing in the ring that Martinez did..That Pavlik has the skill, talent, style or ability to copy.

Why would you guage how Pavlik v. Williams would go based on Paul fighting a defensive minded, slick southpaw with blazing hand speed.

Pavlik is on the ALL-BUM Tour: Lockett, Rubio and Espino...so Pavlik beats up a ****king nobody bum.....and now hes a world beater.

Dumbasses.
    Last edited by El Castigador; 12-20-2009, 07:21 PM.

Its not a total assessment of how he can do against Pavlik but we can be sure that if Martinez can kd PWill then there is a good chance that Pavlik has the power to ko him. PWill's come forward style also aids this and he himself is not a big enough puncher to stop Pavlik.

Comment

I seriously doubt PWill can take Pavliks punches for 12 rounds.

Comment

Pavlik definitely has the power to KO Williams. Nobody has ever questioned that. But can Pavlik hit Williams the way Martinez did?

Everybody knows it's not how hard you hit, but the speed of your shot and the angle from which it comes. There isn't a punch in Pavlik's arsenal that Williams wouldn't see coming. Williams also has a very good chin, so one bomb from Pavlik (one that he sees coming from a mile away) isn't even going to finish Williams.

If you watch the fight, Sergio hit Williams with a perfect counter shot as Williams was throwing. Even then, Williams got right back up, ready to go. The guy also stood up to the bricks in Margarito's gloves, so that says a lot about what he can take. He has a great chin and it's hard to hit him with something he won't see coming.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post
          There is nothing in the ring that Martinez did..That Pavlik has the skill, talent, style or ability to copy.

Why would you guage how Pavlik v. Williams would go based on Paul fighting a defensive minded, slick southpaw with blazing hand speed.

Dumbasses.
          If a light fisted LMW Martinez can knock down PTP, imagine what a fulltime MW KP can do to him. PWill is hittable, he's going to sleep once he caught a solid one and he's not getting up.

Comment

Because when Williams fought Margarito, he never appeared really hurt, except for a bit in the 11th I think it was, despite being tagged repeatedly from the 5th round on. Add in that Tony might've been using plaster back then, and you question whether Pavlik could hurt him.

Now a rather light hitting JMW floors him, knocks the snot out of his nose, hurts him several times in the fight. Pavlik is like Margarito on steroids, the question never was, was he going to be able to land on Williams. Now it seems obvious that when he does, he'll definitely hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Its not a total assessment of how he can do against Pavlik but we can be sure that if Martinez can kd PWill then there is a good chance that Pavlik has the power to ko him. PWill's come forward style also aids this and he himself is not a big enough puncher to stop Pavlik.
              Williams can overwhelm Pavlik for a stoppage. The Martinez fight is the best thing that could have happened to Williams because judging by these responses, people now think he's vulnerable. It's no surprise Pavlik suddenly wants the fight after pulling out what three times. Williams needed to look vulnerable to land that Pavlik fight. And going by what some of the guys on here are saying, it looks like an opportunity to make some money on Williams. You all are talking like Pavlik will be the favorite. I'm all for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                Williams can overwhelm Pavlik for a stoppage. The Martinez fight is the best thing that could have happened to Williams because judging by these responses, people now think he's vulnerable. It's no surprise Pavlik suddenly wants the fight after pulling out what three times. Williams needed to look vulnerable to land that Pavlik fight. And going by what some of the guys on here are saying, it looks like an opportunity to make some money on Williams. You all are talking like Pavlik will be the favorite. I'm all for that.
                I find that highly unlikely as he will be backing up for the most part once he trades punches with Pavlik and realizes that he is in trouble as he can only fight one way and has no plan B.......I envision this looking alot like Miranda/Pavlik and keep in mind PWill has nowhere near the power Miranda does.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  I find that highly unlikely as he will be backing up for the most part once he trades punches with Pavlik and realizes that he is in trouble as he can only fight one way and has no plan B.......I envision this looking alot like Miranda/Pavlik and keep in mind PWill has nowhere near the power Miranda does.
                  Please dont ever compare Miranda to Williams...Miranda doesnt have half the arsenaL of Willaims.

Comment

Originally posted by King Burner View Post
                    Please dont ever compare Miranda to Williams...Miranda doesnt have half the arsenaL of Willaims.
                    Actually all PWill does different is throw more punches and faster though he doesn't have half the power La Pantera has.

Comment

Working...
                    X