No announcement yet.

Shamrock Close To Three Fight Deal With Pride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamrock Close To Three Fight Deal With Pride

MMAWeekly's Scott Petersen reports from Japan that Frank Shamrock is close to a three fight deal with Pride. The deal could be signed sometime this week.

Petersen reports that Shamrock has been negotiating for quite sometime and things seem to be about done and a deal should be reached in the next couple of days.

Right now Shamrock is working on a movie called "No Rules" with Pamela Anderson, Gary Busey and others as Shamrock plays the role as a fighter.

It appears though Shamrock is ready to resume his fight career, something he hasn't done for a year when he faced and defeated Bryan Pardoe at World Extreme Cagefighting.

One Japanese publication this weekend said Shamrock has agreed upon a three fight deal in the neighborhood of 300,000 per fight; however, when MMAWeekly tried to contact Shamrock over the weekend, Frank was not available, thus it's uncertain how accurate the number really is.

Shamrock has always wanted to face Sakuraba in Pride and if things go well this week, it seems that fight could happen. Yukino Kando, Dreamstage Entertainment stated to Mr. Shamrock on his website that quote, “We will confirm the date when Bushido (2) is over and finalize the opponent and schedule. I really appreciate your patience.” It appears Frank Shamrock will return this year to fighting in MMA.

BJM told me he already signed it.

Comment

Won't see it until he actually steps into the ring. One thing we've learned in the past few months about Shamrock is that almost everything he says is never a certainty.

Comment

I don't really care about Frank coming back. Honestly, I would be more excited at the idea of Rickson Gracie fighting
        Nobuhiko Takada again

Comment

Working...
        X