No announcement yet.

People picking Hopkins over Pavlik...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People picking Hopkins over Pavlik...

Wouldnt you have also picked Archie Moore, Sonny Liston and Floyd Patterson to beat Cassius Clay?

I would have picked them all over Cassius Clay if their catch phrase was "Execution Time", yes.

Comment

Oh yeah because Pavlik is so comparable to Cassius Clay!! I like Pavlik but he's very beatable and does have flaws. If hopkins can maintain stamina, he will win. If not, pavlik will win on points by simply out working the old geezer.

Comment

How is Pavlik anything like Muhammad Ali? Hopkins is a master of the game, Pavlik is coming up, Pavlik fights one way I think Hopkins can expose that and take away his right hand.

I'm not 100%sure Hopkins will win but i'm farely confidant

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Wouldnt you have also picked Archie Moore, Sonny Liston and Floyd Patterson to beat Cassius Clay?
          I don't really get the Liston-Clay / Hopkins-Pavlik comparision. Liston wasn't considered over the hill was he?

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
            Oh yeah because Pavlik is so comparable to Cassius Clay!! I like Pavlik but he's very beatable and does have flaws. If hopkins can maintain stamina, he will win. If not, pavlik will win on points by simply out working the old geezer.
            I agree. I'm also a Pavlik fan but he is flawed. Still he's more than enough for this Hopkins. If Calzaghe could beat him i favor pretty much everyone over Hopkins, even more Pavlik, a total powerhouse...

Comment

Yes because Pavlik's style is so comparable to Casius Clay....

Comment

Im going with the Young gun in this one....he just has more strength and stamina....and I love his bald head.

Comment

Hey, prime Hopkins vs. Pavlik could (and most likely would) go Hopkins' way. As it is now, Hopkins simply does not have the workrate, stamina, or power to win.

Pavlik by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                    Yes because Pavlik's style is so comparable to Casius Clay....
                    Thats not the point dumb****.

I like how you all guys all know so little about boxing history to realize that nobody knew Cassius Clay would be anywhere near as great as he turned out to be.

The comparison is because Clay (Ali) didnt get much respect going into those fights, he was only a small favorite over an ancient Moore and was a 9-1 underdog to Sonny Liston because Clay was nothing but a hotshot loudmouth kid who would get put in his place everytime he fought an old wily veteran

Comment

Working...
                    X