No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Black Hitler - Boxing And The Anti-PBC Effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghost rider View Post
    is talking s**t about your competitors illegal or something? And very dumb when you have an ongoing lawsuit.

Pretty lame and shady of gbp, but haymon and schaefer essentially conspired to steal all of gbp's fighters when de la hoya was on a coke binge.

Pretty funny how some people have a problem with shadiness from gbp but not from haymon.
    how do you lie in your statement when defending a racist company??? Haymon never stole any fighters the judges ruled you scumbag..... Stop lying like your girlfriend oscarina de la ****....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
      The ban originally was on GBP, and was as much, or not more, about Schaefer that it was Haymon...from Rafael:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...hip-golden-boy
      http://keviniole.com/post/1414872018...ure-a-paid-hbo

HBO Sports has been at odds with Haymon since early 2013, when Haymon’s highest-profile client, Floyd Mayweather Jr., left HBO to sign with Showtime. Hershman, the HBO Sports president at the time, banned any Haymon-contracted fighters from appearing on HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by the big dunn View Post
        no, hbo fired kerry davis, haymon's primary liason at hbo. They then banned him. North said he would work with haymon fighters at their discretion. So he only books huge underdogs, which is his prerogative as head of hbo boxing.

We get that you want pbc to fail. What many don't understand is why you don't want to have access to more boxing programming. Then again, reading your posts, its clear why.
        thanks for stripping this scumbag naked with such class....

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          HBO has been going downhill lately too
          HBO didn't spend hundreds of millions of dollars in one year while accomplishing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
            thanks for stripping this scumbag naked with such class....
            I was just thinking to myself that The Big Dunn always responds with such tact and class all while dissecting and breaking down opposing posters views, you get an honorable mention as well because nearly all of your posts are flawless with very objective observations. Keep up the great work guys!

Consequences!

Comment

• Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              yes BUT LES MOONVES HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN FOR PAYING HIS TALENT TOP DOLLAR.... ON THE OTHER HAND THE DISNEY/HBO/ESPN GUYS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO RAPE THEIR TALENT AND ALWAYS UNDER PAY THEM..... LESLIE MOONVES AND CBS DONT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO LIE AN SMEAR PEOPLE LIKE HBO AND ESPN DO.... ESPN HAS BEEN DESTROYING PEOPLES REPUTATIONS FOR DECADES..... LESLIE MOONVES WAS ALSO THE ONE WHO PAID CHARLIE SHEEN TOP DOLLAR WHEN EVERY ONE WANTED TO BOYCOTT HIM..... THEY ALWAYS PAY THEIR TALENT WHAT THEY DESERVE.... DISNEY/HBO/ESPN ARE USED TO SUCKING THE BLOOD OUT OF THEIR TALENT AND THEN THROWING THEM OUT.... FLOYD WAS SMART AND LEFT THOSE DIRTY HBO SNAKES ON HIS OWN TERMS.... THATS WHY HAYMON AND FLOYD GET ALL THIS HATE....
              I get your point, and I agree that HBO, TR, and GBP tried to defame Floyd and Al. I thought you were going on some anti-Semitic thing and I didn't want to go there with you! It's all good!

Comment

• Not sure what the point of you posting that article is...it was written in 2016 and says "HBO Sports has been at odds with Haymon since early 2013".

If you looked at the article I quoted, it's actually from the time period Iole mentioned......March 2013.

And as Rafael explains, it was reported primarily as a ban on Golden Boy and Schaefer.

Haymon was pretty much banned, although there was an exception made later that year for Andre Ward-Edwin Rodriguez:

HBO did make one exception for a Haymon fighter -- when Edwin Rodriguez (who is promoted by Lou DiBella, not Golden Boy) fought super middleweight champ Andre Ward in November.
                And it wasn't just about Mayweather, it was a number of fighters that had left HBO for SHO.
                http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...ns-with-haymon

But yeah, an article written three years later is far more informative than what was written by Rafael at the time.
                Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 01-24-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I don't think HBO minds putting on Haymon fighters when they think they will lose.
                  TRUE! I hope Danny Jacobs spoils the party! I think Lampley would actually cry!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Yes, he discusses his relationship with PBC in the article.

gotcha, thank you..I just breezed through the article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                      Not sure what the point of you posting that article is...it was written in 2016 and says "HBO Sports has been at odds with Haymon since early 2013".

If you looked at the article I quoted, it's actually from the time period Iole mentioned......March 2013.

And as Rafael explains, it was reported primarily as a ban on Golden Boy and Schaefer.

Haymon was pretty much banned, although there was an exception made later that year for Andre Ward-Edwin Rodriguez:

http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...ns-with-haymon

But yeah, an article written three years later is far more informative than what was written by Rafael at the time.
                      I read your article. I posted that solely because Iole stated outright that HBO banned Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X