No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Promotions, ESPN Announce Multi-Year TV Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    so the press release someone else posted doesn't clearly say FNF was being replaced by a monthly series by PBC? PBC went dark in what Nov 2015 and didn't come back till like June? And hasn't aired since Aug 2016 with NO fights currently scheduled for 2017. That's a funny looking monthly series. If ESPN happy with PBC why agree to have Golden Boy provide those monthly cards PBC can't produce?
    The article you linked has a quote from PBC explaining why they moved the dates.

The shows will occur this year on ESPN. GBP shows will be on other ESPN stations.

If you want to say ESPN won't pick up PBC after the contract is over, fine. But your speculation changes none of the FACTS I just posted.

Comment

im enjoying pbcs's one friday a year night fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Haymon's show is on ESPN. GBP is on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes. ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes are marketed toward younger audiences and the Spanish speaking community respectively

GBP is doing very well with the Spanish speaking community so they (IMO) are looking to grow that network and are using a very popular Hispanic figure (ODH) and a sport popular among Hispanics (boxing) to do this.

with the shows not being on the same network, I think your point is clearly incorrect.
        FNF was on ESPN2 but clearly the press release says it's being replaced by PBC on ESPN a monthly series which after 1 year PBC couldn't produce so they went and got a replacement that could. At this rate who knows when or if Haymon will ever use the remaining air time dates he bought from ESPN. Can point to numerous press releases from PBC stating fights on dates for various networks that were either pushed back or canceled all together. But ESPN don't have to worry about that they already got paid and got someone else in the meantime to give them boxing content.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          Friday Night Fights was on ESPN2 right? i dont remember
          Sometimes on both but mostly ESPN2.

I am used to watching Soleo Boxeo and fights on bein with the volume off since I am not fluent in Spanish so I wont mind the cards on ESPN Deportes.

They need to broadcast ESPN deportes in English on SAP.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            These guys acting like they don't remember the big press release and how this was billed as a monthly series before PBC ran out of money now nobody knows when this or any of the network dates will be filled. Haymon couldn't afford to put on his own shows so cards went back to Showtime in 2016 and he punted the remaining time buys to 2017. Who knows maybe money still an issue and if his contracts allow him he will punt those dates to 2018 next
            Yeah, I don't get it.

A 2-year deal for 24 fight cards means 12 a year.

The PBC/ESPN deal hasn't come close to it....but it's just a "change of dates".

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Sometimes on both but mostly ESPN2.

I am used to watching Soleo Boxeo and fights on bein with the volume off since I am not fluent in Spanish so I wont mind the cards on ESPN Deportes.

They need to broadcast ESPN deportes in English on SAP.

i prefer Deportes...no Teddy Atlas on Deportes

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                im enjoying pbcs's one friday a year night fight
                Seriously who knows when or if we will ever see another PBC on ESPN fight. It's like trying to spot big foot at this point. We hear about them, they mention them every now and then but the dates keep changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                  Yeah, I don't get it.

A 2-year deal for 24 fight cards means 12 a year.

The PBC/ESPN deal hasn't come close to it....but it's just a "change of dates".
                  Except the deal still stands and we're in year three. But it's not a "change of dates."

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Except the deal still stands and we're in year three. But it's not a "change of dates."
                    Year three of a two-year deal = "change of dates".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                      Year three of a two-year deal = "change of dates".
                      Exactly.

Since their press release clearly outlines the ESPN cards in 2017.

Since the same article dunny linked says they are moving dates.

But no, they aren't gonna happen at all. They're just out of money and everyone is lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X