No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    From what i remember, in the books the Night's King is not the 1st WW. It's only the show canon that made him the 1st one. In the books, the Night's King is the brother of King in the North (Stark) and a former Lord Commander of NW. That was the time the NW headquarters was at Nightfort, not in Castle Black. The Night's King fell in love with WW woman and took her as her queen. Everything goes into **** until the King Stark decided to ally with the King Beyond The Wall to defeat the Night's King and cast them out.
    Right. This is part of where the books and the show will likely differ. I think the end game will be more or less the same though, just different paths of getting there.

Anyways, can't wait till Sunday. I reckon will see Benjen Stark and/or Cold Hands, although I kinda doubt the latter unless they merge the two (I believe GRRM confirmed they are not the same in the books which was a theory for a while, but maybe the show does the opposite idk).

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Right. This is part of where the books and the show will likely differ. I think the end game will be more or less the same though, just different paths of getting there.

Anyways, can't wait till Sunday. I reckon will see Benjen Stark and/or Cold Hands, although I kinda doubt the latter unless they merge the two (I believe GRRM confirmed they are not the same in the books which was a theory for a while, but maybe the show does the opposite idk).
      Can you explain how the high sparrow and his followers are so powerful?? I never fully grasped how they became such a powerful force that they could lock up queens

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Can you explain how the high sparrow and his followers are so powerful?? I never fully grasped how they became such a powerful force that they could lock up queens
        if im not mistaken, it's similar with the books: Cersei gave them power to make a move against Margaery. Little did she know that the High Sparrow has become charismatically (if there's a word for it) powerful to make a move against the nobility of King's Landing. The High Sparrow's is still mysterious as to why he's doing all of this, was it really religiously motivated or he has other plans, the books are not clear on that yet.

Comment

yes i do think they're going to combine Benjen & Coldhands, who's going to help them out there in the winter cold? Meera & Bran cannot survive that unless someone help them throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            if im not mistaken, it's similar with the books: Cersei gave them power to make a move against Margaery. Little did she know that the High Sparrow has become charismatically (if there's a word for it) powerful to make a move against the nobility of King's Landing. The High Sparrow's is still mysterious as to why he's doing all of this, was it really religiously motivated or he has other plans, the books are not clear on that yet.
            They also have a lot of followers among the poor, the feed them, help them etc.

I think the High Sparrow is just a militant believer and wants The Seven to rule the kingdom. There was an interesting article I read last year where GRRM essentially says the Seven is based of the Catholic Church, and he says some times there are corrupt high priests, popes, etc, but at other times they become militant. Here is the quote:
            “The Sparrows are my version of the medieval Catholic Church, with its own fantasy twist,” Martin told EW. “If you look at the history of the church in the Middle Ages, you had periods where you had very worldly and corrupt popes and bishops. People who were not spiritual, but were politicians. They were playing their own version of the game of thrones, and they were in bed with the kings and the lords. But you also had periods of religious revival or reform—the greatest of them being the Protestant Reformation, which led to the splitting of the church—where there were two or three rival popes each denouncing the other as legitimate. That’s what you’re seeing here in Westeros. The two previous High Septons we’ve seen, the first was very corrupt in his own way, and he was torn apart by the mob during the food riots [in season 2]. The one Tyrion appoints in his stead is less corrupt but is ineffectual and doesn’t make any waves. Cersei distrusts him because Tyrion appointed him. So now she has to deal with a militant and aggressive Protestant Reformation, if you will, that’s determined to resurrect a faith that was destroyed centuries ago by the Targaryens.”

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            yes i do think they're going to combine Benjen & Coldhands, who's going to help them out there in the winter cold? Meera & Bran cannot survive that unless someone help them throughout.
            Right but I'm thinking it might just be Benjen and they'll cut out the Cold Hands character entirely.

Comment

If the endings were the same that would mean the factions vying for power that haven't been included in the TV series are doomed to failure.

The fake Sansa from the play in Braavos is Eline Powell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Basically, they are the military force in the capital at the moment. Lots of their followers are veterans from the War if the 5 kings and (thanks to Cersei shortsighted planning) are now armed and formed into religious militia.
                They outnumber the city watch, and none of the major houses have managed to get their own armies into the city for the time being

They also benefit from a young weak king and just a serious lack of politically skilled characters in the capital at the moment

Comment

Well for what it's worth, the actor that took the dragonglass in the chest, is the same actor who plays The Nights King. That's pretty solid evidence in my book they created the first nights King.

Could be Bran the Builder. Could be a Stark. Could be some random first men. With the theory I've got going in my head, it was a Stark.

I don't think it's out there at all, I think it's not only plausible but likely. As I mentioned earlier, Bran, imo, will be a bridge to the Nights King/white walkers. There will be a new Nights King to remake the pact and his blood will be of Stark.
                  I've no evidence, but I think that man, the NK, is a Stark. In one of the books it describes what most Stark traits are, Neds especially. And it was something along the lines of them often having 'cold,piercing blue eyes' and stern looking. Sounds suspiciously what white walker faces are like accept their eyes are more accentuated compared to the Stark description.

It's Bran the Builder for me, he 'used magic' along with giants and CoTF to create the Wall and Winterfell I believe. Must at least be a Stark imo, for me the blood of the First Men runs deeper through them than any other Northerner.

So, to kill the NK, do they just have to pull that Obsidian/Dragonglass out his chest? Is that surely the source of his power?

Keep in mind Dragonglass is Fire frozen iirc, its definitely something like that, its fire and ice...

Comment

They also have a lot of followers among the poor, the feed them, help them etc.

I think the High Sparrow is just a militant believer and wants The Seven to rule the kingdom. There was an interesting article I read last year where GRRM essentially says the Seven is based of the Catholic Church, and he says some times there are corrupt high priests, popes, etc, but at other times they become militant. Here is the quote:
                    “The Sparrows are my version of the medieval Catholic Church, with its own fantasy twist,” Martin told EW. “If you look at the history of the church in the Middle Ages, you had periods where you had very worldly and corrupt popes and bishops. People who were not spiritual, but were politicians. They were playing their own version of the game of thrones, and they were in bed with the kings and the lords. But you also had periods of religious revival or reform—the greatest of them being the Protestant Reformation, which led to the splitting of the church—where there were two or three rival popes each denouncing the other as legitimate. That’s what you’re seeing here in Westeros. The two previous High Septons we’ve seen, the first was very corrupt in his own way, and he was torn apart by the mob during the food riots [in season 2]. The one Tyrion appoints in his stead is less corrupt but is ineffectual and doesn’t make any waves. Cersei distrusts him because Tyrion appointed him. So now she has to deal with a militant and aggressive Protestant Reformation, if you will, that’s determined to resurrect a faith that was destroyed centuries ago by the Targaryens.”

Right but I'm thinking it might just be Benjen and they'll cut out the Cold Hands character entirely.
                    100% confirmed, Benjen is 'covering' the Coldhands role,he's taking Bran back to the Wall. I hope he lives (or will he die in getting Bran to safety? If he lived it would bring another full blooded Stark back into the frey, though I see him dying via holding the dead off while Meera and Bran get safe...

This is what makes me think Bran could end up Lord Commander, the 1000th one.... Or he makes it onto Winterfell and rules it, with Jon being his 'sword'/ effectively a conduit(not literally, no warging) to address the concerns that Bran has vis his Greenseeing.

Last paragraph is highly speculative, 1st one, pretty much set in stone.

Comment

• read a spoiler today that may or may not be true, but i think this person might ended up confirming a certain "math equation" to a certain bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X