Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Senate Run Feels No Sting From Controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    I admit that I am a hardcore Mayweather fan, and I have always respected Pacquiao's boxing ability (well, I am a speed, reaction time, agility, and reflex junkie, any sportsman with that combination often earns my admiration), however, I never liked him as a person, not until now.

I'm not saying this as a ****phobic, it is more to do with Pacquiao standing up for his beliefs in the face of adversity and basically saying F**k you to all the media bullies.

I also understand Pacquaio's stance as a God fearing man. He is choosing the law of God over the law of Men. The Law of men is made to 'satisfy, please, and pacify' man, but the law of God has no such agenda, the law of God is the law of God, made to satify him and to please him, not man.

That is why man is fighting tooth and nail against Pacquiao on his stance, and Pacquaio is willing to stand in that heat for God's sake, where even the most righteous and religious men would fold in, Pacquiao is standing his ground and not moving even an inch. This is a real man, a real servant of God.

You guys have to remember that Jesus was in the same situation. Before jesus came, the people were following what was known as 'the law of moses', and those laws were made by Moses taking into account the needs and desires of men, moreso than those of God. There is even a verse that says as such (forgot where it is), it says that the hearts of men at those times were as hard and rough as bark, and Moses took that into account when making those laws, but it is not God's ultimate plan, from the beginning it was not so, but that God allowed it (for that time).

When Jesus came and everything he said and preached (almost) was in direct contradiction to the law of Moses, which was that era's version of the law of man, man lost it. They all felt insulted and outraged, and they persecuted Jesus and ultimately crucified him.

Pacquiao is in the same situation, he is campaigning for a man made office that is meant to 'serve' the people, but as a man of God, his is to serve God first and look after the spiritual wellbeing of himself and his people. This is why he is in the line of fire, he is in no man's land basically, just like Jesus was, and he is being persecuted, just like jesus was, and might ultimately be 'crucified', and it seems like nike and Bob Arum have already built that cross. (Bob Arum is Judas, lol).

I am not saying Pacquiao is the second coming of Jesus of course, simply making a comparison, one that Jesus himself made. Jesus said "If they can do it to the master whom you serve, how much more will they do to the servant who follows in his footsteps?"

Pacquiao is the servant, the media bullies and public humiliation he is suffering is similar to the persecution Jesus went through (though taking place on different platforms of course, there was no social media back then, lol).

Any way, long story not so short, Pacquiao is a man that has earned my respect. Though I hope he realises how volatile a situation he is in. One cannot mix the laws that serve man with the laws that serve God, for example, if Pacquiao became president and started a motion to ban ****sexual marriages/relationships, he would then have to also make it illegal for heterosexuals to have sex before marriage, he would also have to make adultery a crime as well, amongst many other things that heterosexuals do that are evil in God's eyes. One can not pick and choose which of God's laws to follow and which of God's words to discard, because "He who shall add to the holy gospel, so shall be added unto his punishment, and he who shall TAKE from the holy scriptures, so shall be taken from his blessings."

So yes, Pac, you got my respect, but this seems like an impossible position you have found yourself in, but if that is the path God has chosen for you, then you have to walk it, and maybe we will see a miracle.

superb post.

Yea its been fun winding up the pacfan's since May but I wouldn't support Nike over any fighter, especially Pac.

I like the way he just seemed to ride over this issue.

You made your decision, I respect that..... but I'm moving on..... bye.

WAR Pac !!

Best of luck against Bradley.

This sponsorship mess won't affect Pac, I'd say he's not giving it a thought.

Comment

i saw this post in dans chat, fuking gold

Manny needs a 750ml IV of "Shut the Hell Up"

Comment

On one hand the Philippines is actually one of the most tolerant countries in the world when it comes to ****sexuality (tolerance, not necessarily acceptance). But on the other hand Pacquiao is a living legend whom most Filipinos are willing to support despite his many gaffes and somewhat weird persona.

Comment

LOL at some of these posters. So, pacquiao is being true to his words, but realized it offended gays so he apologized. He even accepted Nike's decision to drop him. So I don't understand what else do you want from him? I see some posters here seem to be obsessed with this topic that I'm starting to think these posters are gay in real life or have gay relatives. Because I'm not exactly sure why there's ongoing argument when Pac is not even arguing and accepted the consequences of his words, and apologized.

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
            On one hand the Philippines is actually one of the most tolerant countries in the world when it comes to ****sexuality (tolerance, not necessarily acceptance). But on the other hand Pacquiao is a living legend whom most Filipinos are willing to support despite his many gaffes and somewhat weird persona.
            That's the funniest part.

Comment

Hates gays, is against contraception and has a 3rd grade education. That's a leading Senate candidate?

Comment

So if a person speaks their mind in support of ****sexuality, they are "bold," "progressive," and gets praised in all arenas.

If someone doesn't support it, and has strong-rooted beliefs about it, it's controversial.

Typical of the liberal media these days. They are all for freedom of thought and speech...so long as you agree with them. If you don't, they will bludgeon you to death until you apologize.

This isn't about equality or freedom. It's about Leftists forcing people to believe one way, and one way only.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  Haven't you heard of evolution??? Where did you go to school??? You think that you just one day became a human?? Read a science book. We can all be traced back to apes and other primates. Let me repeat, WE...CAME...FROM....ANIMALS.

Done. Argue what you want. I use facts. I have nothing against religion and believing that we came from God. What I do have a problem with is people thinking someone is ****ed in the head because of his harmless lifestyle. I repeat. Harmless. Gays walking in the street isn't going to kill you. Accept it. Don't tolerate it. Accept it so we can move on as a society. I know you will take this the wrong way. But I'm trying to educate you. Knowledge is power and to keep knowledge a secret is a crime.
                  "We can all be traced back to apes and other primates. Let me repeat, WE...CAME...FROM....ANIMALS."

not me, not my parents and not my relatives...maybe you and your kin....

evolution is a shaky boat to ride in, lad...even darwin confessed to its shortcomings...

"Done. Argue what you want. I use facts. I have nothing against religion and believing that we came from God. What I do have a problem with is people thinking someone is ****ed in the head because of his harmless lifestyle. I repeat. Harmless. Gays walking in the street isn't going to kill you. Accept it. Don't tolerate it. Accept it so we can move on as a society. I know you will take this the wrong way. But I'm trying to educate you. Knowledge is power and to keep knowledge a secret is a crime."

that's a lot of hot air above....smokes? where did you get the idea that i have problems with people with harmless lifestyle? stop making up stories, bro...and show proof...

evolution? from apes? no more apes turning into man now? proof lad...educate me, ha ha ha i'm waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                    "We can all be traced back to apes and other primates. Let me repeat, WE...CAME...FROM....ANIMALS."

evolution is a shaky boat to ride in, lad...even darwin confessed to its shortcomings...

"Done. Argue what you want. I use facts. I have nothing against religion and believing that we came from God. What I do have a problem with is people thinking someone is ****ed in the head because of his harmless lifestyle. I repeat. Harmless. Gays walking in the street isn't going to kill you. Accept it. Don't tolerate it. Accept it so we can move on as a society. I know you will take this the wrong way. But I'm trying to educate you. Knowledge is power and to keep knowledge a secret is a crime."

that's a lot of hot air above....smokes? where did you get the idea that i have problems with people with harmless lifestyle? stop making up stories, bro...and show proof...

evolution? from apes? no more apes turning into man now? proof lad...educate me, ha ha ha i'm waiting...
                    You just opened up a can of worms buddy. Bahaha! Daring me to show you proof? I'm game pal. I just hope you can take it. I thought this whole thing was common knowledge, but I guess knowledge isn't common enough apparently.

I take it that you don't believe in evolution or are skeptical because you think of yourself as better than animals. Higher on the food chain so to speak. You think your ancestors just became that way out of thin air? The reason why you don't 'see' evolution is because it takes generations for it to happen. That's why you don't see apes magically turning into humans. It never did, nor ever will happen that way. I'm talking gene mutations over multiple life times. But let me show you a little tree of us with our ancestors.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-family-tree

Go down the tree and you will see how our earliest ancestors that we can trace back were very ape like. You don't have to be ashamed of that. It doesn't change anything. I'll be waiting for a well thought out rebuttal.

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post

At the sub atomic level, every living thing on this planet is basically the same. Me, you, and everyone else are a series of cells bunched together, working together. We aren't that different from animals when you really sit down and think about it. We get all smug and full of ourselves, thinking that we're separated from animals, but we really aren't. We all breathe, eat, shyt, sleep, ****, reproduce. Shyt. When you think about it. You got a lot more in common with your primate cousins that you thought huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X