Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation, self preservation, hard work with some medication all dedication.
    I'm excited for Floyd vs Guerrero but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't fight until next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by noStylez View Post
      Vacation, self preservation, hard work with some medication all dedication.
      I'm excited for Floyd vs Guerrero but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't fight until next year.

I seriously doubt that too, unless it's another tune-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by noStylez View Post
        Vacation, self preservation, hard work with some medication all dedication.
        Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        I seriously doubt that too, unless it's another tune-up.
        Floyd will be looking at that cherry tree and see if there are any fighters that he can "pick" from that does NOT constitute a relative amount of risk .... but he will still make up for it with decent amount of reward (ie. money).

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          How we have/had the debate about Floyd ducking Pac, we had this debate back in 2007 all over these forums...probably not as big as the Pac v Floyd debates but still very big. I honestly think, he saw Cotto as a legit threat, anytime he sees someone who is a legit threat I noticed he never ends up fighting them or ends up fighting them years after it should have happened.

He NEVER fought Margarito when that fight was hot in 2006.
          He NEVER fought Cotto when Miguel was at his best in 2007.
          He NEVER fought Paul Williams in 2007/2008 when he was on a tear and beating the likes of Margarito.
          He NEVER fought Pac period even when there was a DISGUSTINGLY HIGH number offered.

I'm still a big Mayweather fan because of how clean and pure his boxing is but his legacy could have been so much better. I think he could have beaten most of these fighters maybe ALL but he didn't take those chances.
          yeah i agree when it comes to cotto, people keep talking about cotto as if he's still top notch, people need to realize that cotto hasnt been the same since the margarito loss, and the difference is mentally, i guess he just couldnt handle losing. If mayweather would have fought cotto at the time it was supposed to happen it would have been a better fight, cotto would have given a better effort and that sure as hell would have been nice to witness. (btw NO i am not saying mayweather would have lost)

Comment

• sugar ray leonard fought the undefeated 154 pound lineal champ as a tune up. floyd fought 10 loss journeyman baldomir and pretended it was a super fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              BIG DUNN wants Floyd. Like, really wants Floyd.
              Anybody else think Big Dunn may be Leonard Ellerbe's boxingscene account?

Comment

• None of those welters were very good like.

Would've liked Spinks/Mayweather at 154 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravestone View Post
                  None of those welters were very good like.

Would've liked Spinks/Mayweather at 154 though.
                  Of course you would, from 05 til now, he has 6 losses including 3 by ko.

Comment

• I've said in other posts, I cant blame Floyd for any fights that didnt get made prior to 2007.
                    But once him and oscar broke all ppv records and floyd was the biggest draw on the planet, Floyd had all the control to make any fights he wanted

Shane in summer of 2007. I know shane went on vacation but 10 mil purse would have made it a short vacation i blame him for not making margarito or cotto in 2008.
                    Pretty much any fight since the oscar.
                    Ask any fighter who they want to fight and they will say floyd cuz he brings the most money.
                    Just like Leonard, tyson, oscar---when you are the top money draw you make any fights you want to. Floyd has chosen to avoid certain guys. FACT

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                      Of course you would, from 05 til now, he has 6 losses including 3 by ko.
                      What does that even mean.

Comment

Working...
                      X