Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only 2 fights left for the 4 horsemen of this generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto doesn't belong in the same sentence with the other 3 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFBoxer View Post
      lol at Cotto being one of the 4 horsemen hahahaha

dumb rican
      in terms of popularity, resume, and the ability to fight around 140 - 154 which is where these fights would have to take place.. who should be in cotto's place?

Comment

i actually like the idea.....too bad pac and cotto are coming off loses though

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
          first thing i thought when i saw cotto being mentioned with the other 3 is why?....its more like the ATG trio. cotto is a hof though.
          This is, more or less, how I see it also. Popularity wise and taking into consideration the quality of opposition, Cotto belongs there. However, he's past his prime so maybe Sergio might take his place but if Cotto was still in his prime he would be the one alongside the aforementioned 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
            in terms of popularity, resume, and the ability to fight around 140 - 154 which is where these fights would have to take place.. who should be in cotto's place?
            tiger muhammad

Comment

3 ATGs and 1 Gatekeeper

No you're not going to associate Cotto with them

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                There is only 2 fights worth the time of this 4 guys(Mayweather, Cotto, Pacquaio and Marquez), Cotto vs Marquez at 150 and Floyd vs Pacquiao(thats an obvious).

Marquez vs Cotto is very interesting, Cotto is not a 154lber so he can go down a few pounds to meet Marquez at a catchweight. This fight would make millions for both guys and is an intriguing match up between Cotto's size, power and body punching vs JMM timming, uppercuts and renewed power. This fight can prove if JMM can handle the bigger guys like Floyd and Pac has done, and puts Cotto in the posesion to fight another ATG of his generation. Win, lose or draw both guys come to fight and will be entertaining.

Floyd vs Pacquiao still needs to happend, because triangle theories does not work, and just because JMM beat Pacquiao doesnt mean Floyd >>> Pacquiao till proven in the ring. The fight would motivate both guys cuz Pacquiao's career is really on the balance and Floyd wont let somebody take his 0, specially Pacquiao after what has happend.

This 2 fights in my view are the only 2 fights this guys can fight for the fans, cuz after that they dont have anything else to prove nor fight. Let Canelo fight fellow young 154lber and Guerrero can take on Bradley, Maidana,etc!!

What you guys think?
                Hahaha. You're funny. The four horsemen of this generation were Paquiao, Marquez, Morales, and Barrera. Mayweather is the fifth wheel. Cotto? Ha. Aww, man. That's a laugher. I didn't even bother reading your post, by the way.

Comment

I think its interesting that all these "fans" are slamming Cotto like he has no chance against Marquez.
                  I give Marquez a slight edge but its no way a sure thing.
                  If they do fight I would definitely pay to see it...and if he wins I would say that places him in the graces of the other 3.

Comment

I voted that Floyd would beat Manny on points. Manny is really a 140 pounder in my opinion while Floyd is a full sized welterweight. Manny has to many things going on outside of boxing while Floyd gives his boxing 100%. Floyd pointed this out while wishing Manny well after his KO loss to Marquez. If Manny fights again and shows me more I might change my mind. I voted that Marquez would KO Cotto. I really don't think Cotto is as good as the other three and does not belong on their level. I don't think Marquez, really a lightweight, should have to fight Cotto at 150 but even so I still think he would win by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      I think its interesting that all these "fans" are slamming Cotto like he has no chance against Marquez.
                      I give Marquez a slight edge but its no way a sure thing.
                      If they do fight I would definitely pay to see it...and if he wins I would say that places him in the graces of the other 3.
                      beating a 39 year old blown up LW does not put you in the "graces" of the other 3. Probably would get him in the HOF.

Comment

Working...
                      X