No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    I suck at this game im level 62 and have not got to the second bell yet I have been farming in darkroot garden because i needed to raise my stats so i could use the Dark Knight sword.

this is my build (off the top of my head)

Vit:22
    End.41
    Strength:26
    Dex:18

Think I kept the other stats the same my starting class was a bandit im using the Eastern armor, Dark knight sowrd, Crystal shield and havels ring and the wolf ring.

I just went back to the ‘undead asylum’ to kill the ‘stray demon 2’ or whatever its called.

My fav boss battle so far was the Gaping Dragon my least was the hydra demon (because i kept falling off the edge of the water when i got down to the last head so annoying).

Ether what class are you and how have you built your character?

Im tempted to start over and use magic but ill have to look into how it works i currently have no idea lol.

it's crazy how much higher level you are yet somewhere completely different further back.

Great character, that's a shitload of endurance man wtf.. go kill the moonlight butterfly since you're in the forest, it's guarded by a few treedemons and 2 sleeping giant knights, you're gonna shit yourself when you see the enemies later in the game, wait until you see the bottom of the demon ruins, minotaurs, ruthless and beyond strong. down at the very bottom is the Huge Amber for the rarest of weapons. Neither of the 2 Blacksmiths i use can use it, it's for the 3rd blacksmith later on...this game is huge, you're close to opening that giant gate that one guy is outside of, waiting, i'm using a thief, don't let not having magic make you start again, you can always use pyromancy, even I use that, rarely. You got Great equipment.

My crystal sword died on me.. it was real good.

Vit: 35
    End: 11
    Str: 24
    Dex: 15

Using Zweihander x7 sword and Bandits Knife x10
    Eagle Shieldx7 (theres this armor/outfit you need 50 str to wear later on, Havel)
    Thief Mask and Silver Knight Armor
    Gold Hemmed Black Gloves and Elite Knight Leggings

Ring of Evil Eye and Flame Stoneplate Ring
    Last edited by Ether; 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Im still level 28, I got frustrated trying to kill the stray demon the 2nd time. So I just moved on and killed the gargoyles to ring the bell. I also killed the Capra demon with those 2 big cleavers while his dogs try to stun me.

Comment

Love it, put silly hours into it so far.
        Just reached Anor Lando.

Using
        Black Knight Halberd +5
        Lighting Spear thing +5
        Knight Shield +5
        Pendant for extra heals
        Stone Armour (Have been meaning to mess around with it to find best balanced mix but just using this until I can be bothered really.)
        Ring of Favor and Protection
        Ring of Calthany

Haven't done that much co op or pvp, the few I did fight in the forest didn't seem too good at the game.
        Last edited by NChristo; 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
          Im still level 28, I got frustrated trying to kill the stray demon the 2nd time. So I just moved on and killed the gargoyles to ring the bell. I also killed the Capra demon with those 2 big cleavers while his dogs try to stun me.

Notice how you beat those other demons yet are stuck at Stray? because stray isn't until farrrrr later. Get out of there. Keep going as you are now though, in time you'll need to return to the Asylum.

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Love it, put silly hours into it so far.
          Just reached Anor Lando.

Using
          Black Knight Halberd +5
          Lighting Spear thing +5
          Knight Shield +5
          Pendant for extra heals
          Stone Armour (Have been meaning to mess around with it to find best balanced mix but just using this until I can be bothered really.)
          Ring of Favor and Protection
          Ring of Calthany

Haven't done that much co op or pvp, the few I did fight in the forest didn't seem too good at the game.

Nice, what do you have the game for?

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
            Notice how you beat those other demons yet are stuck at Stray? because stray isn't until farrrrr later. Get out of there. Keep going as you are now though, in time you'll need to return to the Asylum.

Nice, what do you have the game for?
            On the 360, so glad the game was released on it.

If you're in the Asylum you can get the Rusty iron ring, Peculiar doll and Crest shield (If you left the guy that gives you the key alive) by exploring a bit you just make sure you don't fall down. Rusty ring lets you run through water, Peculiar doll let's you go into the Painted world and Crest shield regains stamina faster. All pretty damn good items.

Stuck on the 2 archers in Londo :/ before Smough and Ornstein, keep knocking me off, must have died 15 or so times just on this bit.
            Last edited by NChristo; 10-13-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              On the 360, so glad the game was released on it.

If you're in the Asylum you can get the Rusty iron ring, Peculiar doll and Crest shield (If you left the guy that gives you the key alive) by exploring a bit you just make sure you don't fall down. Rusty ring lets you run through water, Peculiar doll let's you go into the Painted world and Crest shield regains stamina faster. All pretty damn good items.

Stuck on the 2 archers in Londo :/ before Smough and Ornstein, keep knocking me off, must have died 15 or so times just on this bit.

Even if you're too stubborn to play multi, do it anyway.

Leave a soul sign, until you get summoned, beat the bosses as a hollow, get uour humanity, revive at campfire, then don't continue until you have summoned 2 others, retry the stage again. That place I was human when I beat Iron Golem, continued and summoned 2 others and beat the stage and 2 bosses first try, 2 great achievements coming up for you. Just finished Painting World.

Comment

I am lvl 32, and I am still using a drakesword which does not stack on my stats. Can anyone tell me a way to get a good sword that does not break? I keep buying Crystal greatsword which has a 160dmg that goes well with stats, but it keeps breaking and no way to repair it.

Comment

Level 41, just rang the second bell.

I know this game isn't for everyone, but f*** those people who don't like it. Such a great game. Personally I can't believe how improved it is over Demon's Souls IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
                    I am lvl 32, and I am still using a drakesword which does not stack on my stats. Can anyone tell me a way to get a good sword that does not break? I keep buying Crystal greatsword which has a 160dmg that goes well with stats, but it keeps breaking and no way to repair it.
                    Try upgrading a normal weapon i upgraded the halbred +9 it does more dammage than the drake sword and has better range its also fun to use and great for lunging attacks.

Comment

I started over with a Pyromancer a few days back

Only putting minimal skill points into strength and dexterity putting a lot into endurance and vitality it seems the best strategy when building a Pvp character (although I haven’t tried pvp as of yet).

Comment

Working...
                      X