Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd Mayweather Jr will eventually be appreciated by fans later on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Floyd Mayweather Jr will eventually be appreciated by fans later on...

in the future, no matter what some of his hardcore anti-fans/haters say about him?

Even though I wasn't even born yet during Larry Holmes' prime days from the late 1970s-early 1980s, I have read many books, watched many youtube fight footages of him, and watched many documentaries about him and how many boxing fans used to hate Holmes since he brutally beat a severely declined Muhammad Ali, claimed that Rocky Marciano couldn't carry his jockstrap(implying that Marciano was overrated and Holmes himself was the superior boxer), and has basically been living under Muhammad Ali's shadows. It wasn't until near Larry Holmes' retirement and the very huge decline of the Heavyweight Boxing competition that fans started to like and appreciate him.

Do you the the same thing could happen with Floyd Mayweather Jr in the future now that he's once again retired since his McGregor fight?
    Last edited by JLGLeo1995; 08-10-2018, 10:21 PM.

It is already happening

Samething happened with Donald Curry and McCallum back in the 90s

Comment

Yeah Floyd will be a reference guy in a few years when people are hyping up new up and coming fighters

Comment

He didn't go out on shield.He is what he is.

Comment

I've always been a big Floyd fan. However, I could care less who else truly appreciates his otherworldly skills.

Floyd is the epitome of an A+ fighter.

Comment

He’s appreciated and respected now! It will only get better as time moves on..

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              He didn't go out on shield.He is what he is.
              why would he have to go out on a shield?? how does that even make sense?

Comment

he's already being worshipped by boxers and fans alike

Comment

Great fighter, just didn't fight anybody at there peak at 147-154. Maidana was fun though

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    why would he have to go out on a shield?? how does that even make sense?
                    Well we don't know if he was the best or not when he retired. He cherry picked his last fight that's what will remain in minds and if he did it at end he probably did it throughout career it was a pattern of behaviour that was ingrained
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 08-10-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X