Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin the new Sergey Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EliasAlexander View Post
    Daii what is this? You are just being facetious.. You know to opponents can both be good fighter at the same time?
    That wasn't me, my account was hacked sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Dontae She'marc View Post
      THAT WASN'T ME EITHER!

THIS is me now. Sorry account was hacked

Comment

Originally posted by EliasAlexander View Post
        Dangerous european power punchers, Golovkin more decorated at amateur but both came up in the amateur system. Basically walked through and demolished everyone until losing tough decision fights in the usa.
        Golovkin has the advantage of still having the prospect of avenging his loss at some point.
        Their careers are definitely similar, but the similarities end their with these losses. Its too soon to Tell whether Gennady ends up like Kovalev. At least Gennady, in his rematch with Canelo, was not questionable like Sergey was, and this is coming from a big Kovalev fan.

Comment

No, GGG is not the new Kovalev or the new anybody. They are both hard punching ex champions from the same part of the world and that is all they have in common. Kovalev has been knocked down a few times and was just knocked out. GGG has a jaw of iron and has never been down or hurt much in his entire amateur and pro career. In most viewer's opinions he deserved to win both close fights with the great young Canelo. He threw about two hundred more punches than Canelo for almost 800 punches and he finished strong in the late rounds. He is old and well past prime but he was already old and well past prime for both Canelo fights. GGG has plenty left in his tank yet. Your attempt to compare him with Kovelev makes no sense. GGG trains his ass off for every fight and he takes care of his body all the time like the dedicated pro boxer he is. Kovalev has shown to be a poor trainer with a drinking problem. GGG will be back in May ready to give plenty of hell to whoever is his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by allanperlee View Post
            What parallels do you see?
            Both being born in the USSR is the only similarity I can think of

Comment

They gave hope to a specific part of Americans, Nazi lovers, Klan lovers, trump lovers ALL THE SAME GROUP

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
                ...both hate it to the body.

I don't view GGG like the other Slavic-nation natives. Atleast GGG didn't get it the easy way with a title fight with less than 15 fights like:

1. Usyk
                2. Lomachenko
                3. Derevyanchenko

How the fuck do these guys get title fights so quick?
                Hate it to the body? Even the people who scored it for canelo had ggg winning most the late rounds, this lazy narrative has to stop. Noone likes being punched in the ribs but don't think hes shown any susceptibility to being particularly vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontae She'marc View Post
                  might have to use thst one in the future when an old hypocritical comment gets bumped

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    might have to use thst one in the future when an old hypocritical comment gets bumped
                    innocent until proven guilty right?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Both being born in the USSR is the only similarity I can think of
                      I was thinking the same thing, and maybe that they shared the same trainer briefly.

Comment

Working...
                      X