Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua v Alexander Povetkin will not sell out, admits Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75,000 sold, estimated 80,000 total by Saturday so it's still a massive attendance compared to say Wilder vs Ortiz with 14,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Wtf is this bs about?

I've never heard of anything like this & certainly not so many tickets that have to be sold with travel by coach lol. Is this legit or some weird bs Hearn is pulling out of his ass? Why would a stadium give a f#ck how people get to their stadium? Is there THAT much upside in driving 15k people to the event vs the sh^t they won't be buying by not showing up cuz they don't wanna get on some f#cking Joshua vs Povetkin bus? Weird if this is for real.
      I found this:

National Express is running special services to and from Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday 28 October so boxing fans aren’t left on the ropes after Anthony Joshua’s big fight.

An estimated 75,000 spectators are expected to be ringside as Joshua takes on Kubrat Pulev but scheduled engineering work by Network Rail means travel could be a challenge for many. Rail upgrade activity on the South Wales Mainline serving London, Bristol and Cardiff means fewer journeys on the day and no trains back to London or Bristol after the main fight (scheduled to start at 10:30pm) finishes.

The UK’s largest coach operator is running direct return services from 18 locations including Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Southampton, all leaving the stadium 45 minutes after the fight finishes with an additional London service departing Cardiff at 1am on the Sunday morning.

National Express Coach Managing Director Chris Hardy said: “The rail upgrade activity is a potential headache for boxing fans that have secured a ticket for the match. We’re making sure they don’t miss a minute of the action by providing travel direct to the stadium entrance and scheduling return services that allow for them to witness the very last punch.”

Adult coach ticket return fares start from just £24 with the option of a 25% discount for groups of four or more people*.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        Groves vs Smith on ITV Box
        Who?

Thats a PPV?

Comment

Wtf is this bs about?

I've never heard of anything like this & certainly not so many tickets that have to be sold with travel by coach lol. Is this legit or some weird bs Hearn is pulling out of his ass? Why would a stadium give a f#ck how people get to their stadium? Is there THAT much upside in driving 15k people to the event vs the sh^t they won't be buying by not showing up cuz they don't wanna get on some f#cking Joshua vs Povetkin bus? Weird if this is for real.
          Apparently its imposed by the council to get the full 90,000 capacity. Not sure what difference there is though between 80k and 90k hitting the streets at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            I think the Wilder fight will happen in April. I think both sides have been playing the game and fans have gotten too emotional.
            youre free to think whatever you want, but i can tell you 100% for a fact the two sides arent cooperating and wilder's side in particular has no intention of fighting AJ anymore. they gave in on every point and now theyve given up. theyve moved on.

if hearn wanted wilder on DAZN, it needed to happen before the new TV deals with showtime and fox kicked in. now itll be too late. the fight wont happen in april unless its on US PPV. dazn isnt an option anymore. that ship has sailed.

Comment

Wtf is this bs about?

This was same thing for klitschko fight, it’s how I got my ticket. Some of coaches are from miles away and silly rides , there is a lot more this fight which was required by London when authorising the fight for so many to relieve pressure on the transport system.

Comment

The coach packages was to allay the issues around transport around Wembly. I hope London major Khan (a great guy and I vote for the otherside) sorts it out and lets the tickets go on general sale.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  youre free to think whatever you want, but i can tell you 100% for a fact the two sides arent cooperating and wilder's side in particular has no intention of fighting AJ anymore. they gave in on every point and now theyve given up. theyve moved on.

if hearn wanted wilder on DAZN, it needed to happen before the new TV deals with showtime and fox kicked in. now itll be too late. the fight wont happen in april unless its on US PPV. dazn isnt an option anymore. that ship has sailed.
                  I heard Hearn complaining the other day that the Wilder side hasn't been responding to his emails. Like, no ****. They're putting together a fight with Fury and you already strung them along once before. They aren't trying to go thru that again.

Comment

Too bad Wildher lost his pen

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I found this:
                      Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Apparently its imposed by the council to get the full 90,000 capacity. Not sure what difference there is though between 80k and 90k hitting the streets at the same time.
                      Weird. Hearn can't be happy about that bs which is surely costing him (& Joshua) money.

Maybe they DO need to build their profile more in the US. They don't care how the eff you get to the fight in Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                      X