Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolatito (45-0-0) is ranked at #1 P4P by The Ring and he's moving up...

(some posters here seem not to like this...)

Comment

Two things going for Cuadras in this fight:
      1) He has fought fighters bigger than Gonzalez. I believe he is the naturally bigger man so he may be able to absorb whatever Gonzalez can dish out.

2) Gonzalez will be in front of him. No need for him to expend energy looking for his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
        Nope.
        Only reason people who have never seen Cuadras or had even heard of him until this fight was announced are trying to big him up now is to artifically attempt to pad Romans record when he stops him.
        He looked like crap for a good couple of fights along with an unimpressive showing against Concepcion. Thats not to bring up the fact that he was very lucky against Srisaket sor Rungvisai who was starting to break down Cuadras before the fight was laughably stopped on a completely irrelevant cut in order to save Cuadras from future possible catastrophe.

If Cuadras is still standing by the end of the fight, I will be absolutely shocked.
        Cuadras will be the third Gold Medalist and World Champion consecutively added to RG resume starting with Brian Viloria - stay mad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Cuadras will be the third Gold Medalist and World Champion consecutively added to RG resume starting with Brian Viloria - stay mad.
          lol
          Is this how low we've sunk?
          He got a gold at the Pan-Americans, no one cares about that, dont try to word it to make it sound like its an olympic one. Thats just desperate.
          Charles Martin was a "world champ". What does that mean really?
          And Arroyo was never a champ. So dont know what universe you live in.

Im guessing the made-up one most Roman fans do.

Comment

lol
            Is this how low we've sunk?
            He got a gold at the Pan-Americans, no one cares about that, dont try to word it to make it sound like its an olympic one. Thats just desperate.
            Charles Martin was a "world champ". What does that mean really?
            And Arroyo was never a champ. So dont know what universe you live in.

Im guessing the made-up one most Roman fans do.
            Cuadras is #1. @ 115 just this month Concepcions victory over Kono should tell you hes legit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Cuadras is #1. @ 115 just this month Concepcions victory over Kono should tell you hes legit.
              Nope, Inoue is #1 in an extremely **** division.
              Cuadras was a couple of rounds away from being stopped by Srisaket sor Rungvisai.

Youre desperate.
              Kono was the divisions resident joke paper titlist.
              Won the vacant belt over some Thai stiff Concepcion had previously steamrolled in 1.:eyeroll:
              Nice try though.

Comment

Nope, Inoue is #1 in an extremely **** division.
                Cuadras was a couple of rounds away from being stopped by Srisaket sor Rungvisai.

Youre desperate.
                Kono was the divisions resident joke paper titlist.
                Won the vacant belt over some Thai stiff Concepcion had previously steamrolled in 1.:eyeroll:
                Nice try though.
                Im surprised you didn't call Innoue **** but I bet youre just saving it before Gonzalez beats him too.

Comment

The one and only Barry Robinson gets very excited (you'll see what I mean) watching Carlos Cuadras.

For real. Good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

The one and only Barry Robinson gets very excited (you'll see what I mean) watching Carlos Cuadras.

For real. Good fight.
                    Yes. I'm looking forward to the fight, it will at least be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Carlos Cuadras is in his prime at age 28 and his record is 35-0-1. Roman Gonzalez will be his 7th defense of his WBC Super Flyweight title.

I've been watching him on Youtube, he's actually very good.

I'm not saying he'll beat Gonzalez, but he's not going to be a pushover.

Cuadras is a damn good fighter, he is'nt on Roman's level, but that does'nt mean he is'nt capable of winning. This fight will come down to a battle of attrition. If he can grind Roman down in the early rounds and come on strong late, he has a good chance of winning. Given Roman seems to have an endless engine, that is going to be a tall order. Either way let the best man win. Really excited about this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X