No announcement yet.

Overtraining?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eXig3
    I might have to disagree with you there, with all your ring experience and all .

How much strength do you have once you have run out of endurance? As a great trainer of mine used to say to me, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all!"

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
      How much strength do you have once you have run out of endurance? As a great trainer of mine used to say to me, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all!"

Rockin'
      i've missed ya rockin...it feels good to have the OG back in town...

Comment

Thanks 2ndrndko, its good to be back..... even when somebody is trying to break my balls. I'll see ya 'round man, take care.

Rockin'

Comment

I still stand by what I stated earlier. I do not know what you mean by metabolic fitness. If this is the "new" thing, than why are none of the world calibur fighters doing it. Oh, ofcourse, the uneducated boxing world. Let me say this, you can say what you would like to, but boxing and training can not be learned from a book. You are a good debater and all of that but I would not recommend a fighter lift heavy weights, Period. I've read what you have written and am still unable to change my views on it.
          Rockin'
          I don't care about you or your views, I care about the truth, I care about facts. Proven facts, that have extensive research to back them up. Boxing training has been the same for countless years, it is frozen in time, while the world around it evolves. Other sports atheletes do new and amazing things, more amazing then when the sports originated. Not boxing it is the same no better and maybe even worse then years past. Sports science is real and it works whehter you believe it or not. Atheletes all around the world attest to it don't believe me believe them and their methods that got them there. And don't be shocked if the only athletes not on the same page with them are boxers. But I don't care what you think, I just care what I know.

Comment

Your stating that the science of boxing has not changed from the time it originated? Thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

Aswell, if you dont care what I think then stop replying to my posts and more over quit trying to break my balls over it. You have points to what you argue but I have yet to be convinced that lifting heavyweights is good for a fighter. That is what this whole thing started over, is it not? I say dont lift the heavyweights and you say that they should. Once again, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Youve possibly gained an inch with this debate, stop trying to stretch it into a mile.

Rockin'

Comment

Man you crack me up! You don't even know what I'm talking about asking is it new! LOL! Yeah people have just started to develop metabolism about 10 years ago! LOL! New research proves that now food will actually have a purpose in the human body. The human body now has three new sources of energy metabolisms. We are evolving into something greater than before! We are becoming mutants like on the X-Men! We will all have new metabolic super powers! And boxers will be the last to form these new power because they don't believe these powers really exist. That's right boxers wont' have the ability to use food for fuel like the rest of us super humans metaboic mutants. And when boxers do evolve they won't have advanced super human metabolic powers like the rest of us so we will teach them. They will eventually become obsolete and die off because they won't be able to survive in this new super human metablic world. They won't accept the new powers because they are not traditional, and no one told them abot these powers before they started to develop. The end of boxing as we know it. Nature always has a way of eliminating the weakers species from existance.

Comment

Is this the science fiction boxing site. ****!!!! I thought it was Boxing scene. When Mike Tyson begins shooting fireballs from his ass I will fully understand what you just talked about. Till then........ Well lets just say Ive spent enough time talking with you and I will no more. I have stated what I have and thats it. I guess time will tell...........

Rockin'

Comment

Your stating that the science of boxing has not changed from the time it originated? Thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

Aswell, if you dont care what I think then stop replying to my posts and more over quit trying to break my balls over it. You have points to what you argue but I have yet to be convinced that lifting heavyweights is good for a fighter. That is what this whole thing started over, is it not? I say dont lift the heavyweights and you say that they should. Once again, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Youve possibly gained an inch with this debate, stop trying to stretch it into a mile.

Rockin'
                  Dude ain't none of this opinion this is fact. Scientific fact this ain't some **** I just pulled out of my Ass dog this is my job. This is some of the most boring **** I've ever learned at first then it all starte to make sense and then the light turned on. scientist have studied the effects of stress on muscle they even measureed the electrical activity of muslces while lifting weights. Opinion, man please. This ain't opion, and this ain't theory, this **** has research to back it up. I don't come on this board guessing and talkin ****, I come on here spitting facts. Facts are undeniable, they prove themselves time and time again. Opinions change, and are gounded by absolutely nothing just a personal belief. If this was my opinion it could be swayed, how do you sway the sky being blue, or water being wet? I will debate you forever and 3 days, just because I speak the truth, and I like to debate truth. So don't mind me I'm just here ****in with people.

Comment

training methods change over time as we learn more about the human body. my trainer tells me not to bother with weights, but i know he is old skool. I told him i started complex training neway, all he said as long as u do it hard then.

Comment

We all missing the other important components, cross-training, recreation and rest = happier boxer, athletes and forum users

Comment

Working...
                      X