Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I missing something? Crawford looked great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    yeah i made a thread about it that on paper its one of the worst mismatches theres been in many years but people seem to choose to ignore it, now they are saying benavidez was better than his ranking based on what exactly loll
    Based on the eye test, you know the test you fail at.

Comment

Crawford looked good against a quality contender. I would still like to see him fight better competition though, and I've been a huge fan ever since his Prescott fight on HBO years back.

Either way he is becoming a star on ESPN. My friends who dont even watch boxing were talking about him fighting, and he is trending on Twitter. He is going to be more well known by the casual fan than the PBC guys if he isnt already.

Comment

Crawford looked great vs inactive guy who have knee injury WOW ,LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
          Based on the eye test, you know the test you fail at.
          he looked like trash in his fight with herrera and took 8 round to get the number 400 out of there so how the hell has he passed any sort of eye test lol, why do u guys have such a hard time admitting that he was a garbage opponent

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            Crawford looked good against a quality contender. I would still like to see him fight better competition though, and I've been a huge fan ever since his Prescott fight on HBO years back.

Either way he is becoming a star on ESPN. My friends who dont even watch boxing were talking about him fighting, and he is trending on Twitter. He is going to be more well known by the casual fan than the PBC guys if he isnt already.
            a quality contender? oh my god, thats enough boxingscene for me today

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Bud maybe lost a round, two being generous to Benavidez. Jose was awkward and tough and then got very defensive. What are you expecting?

Crawford found a way to break him down and take him out. That impressive.
              ... Benavidez simply can't use his right leg properly anymore...

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Yup. I feel a lot of posters here are not able to properly evaluate talent. It’s more based on what they want who they like/dislike.

Bud looked a million bucks.
              Bud really is tip-top... but this fight was easy...

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
              What makes benavidez a good fighter who has he beaten. Dude looked like a stiff idiot for twelve rounds and still landed almost a 100 punches on Crawford lol.p
              ... the "stiff idiot" holds a badly shot right knee... (anyway, Crawford acquired some more ring experience vs a bigger guy...)

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
              I gave Benavidez 4 of the first 6 rounds. Crawford didn't look that great, but the crowd cheered any time he looked like he might've landed something. Crawford's supposed to be top 3 p4p, but he was being outboxed by a handicapped can opener. I'm not completely sold on Crawford until he convincingly beats a healthy Thurman or Spence/whoever beats them.

He broke down a cripple, who wasn't even top 20 in his division. The highlight of Benavidez's entire career is a controversial decision against Mauricio Herrera. There was nothing impressive about that performance, imho.
              ... Benavidez indeed is a cripple... but when precisely did he "outbox" Bud?... Crawford did exactly what he had to do...

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                a quality contender? oh my god, thats enough boxingscene for me today
                They both not retiring so we will see how it unfolds.

Comment

Crawford did what he had to do, took control of the fight and got the win, as very good fighters do.

what i will say is that he got caught clean quite a lot early on and even in some later rounds too. He can't afford to do that against a fighter with power and two legs. He does have holes in his defence and some top fighters must look at and feel they can exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    Wait til the Europeans wake up. It’ll get even worse
                    As they walk outside from their caves lel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... Benavidez simply can't use his right leg properly anymore...

Bud really is tip-top... but this fight was easy...

... the "stiff idiot" holds a badly shot right knee... (anyway, Crawford acquired some more ring experience vs a bigger guy...)

... Benavidez indeed is a cripple... but when precisely did he "outbox" Bud?... Crawford did exactly what he had to do...
                      He was outboxing crawford in the first few rounds. Benavidez had the mental edge and the momentum due to it and crawford had to will himself out of a hole.

I think benavidez's downfall here was his inexperience more so than his knee. He didnt seem to have the mental stamina to compete at the level even if he had the skill, he shut down fairly early before those bodyshots really had time to take affect. His knee did seem like a problem though.

Comment

Working...
                      X