Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Don't Care About Criticism For Fighting Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something? Are there no top WWs for Spence to fight, that he needs to fight a little man with a big ego?

Comment

Do people forget that it’s Mikey calling out Spence and not the other way around??? So, why wouldn’t Spence take the fight??? It’s a big pay day against a highly respected and well known fighter. This fight might not gain him newer fans but it will sure as hell gain him more haters. Haters buy tickets and ppvs too. So it’s still a great business move. It’s a great name on his resume and he still has the big names in his division to fight. It’s a win win situation. The only negative possibility is if Mikey actually pulls off a victory. That would be a huge blow to Spence’s career. But still, business wise, it leads to a bigger pay day in a rematch.

Comment

I hope the same scummy Americans who constantly abuse Golovkin for fighting a Welter in Brook have the same poison for Spence fighting a Lightweight. I very much doubt it though.

Comment

Seems many of the same folks claiming that fighters need to move up and challenge themselves are the same ones whining that it is shameful to answer that challenge.

Comment

Here is the key to what Spence said, “But everybody has to respect Mikey Garcia for just taking that fight.”

Most people will respect Garcia, that’s obvious, but some may not respect Spence for taking this fight.

Comment

It's nice to see Spence step up from Ocampo and Chris Algieri but Mickey Garcia is still a light weight.
              Last edited by factsarenice; 09-11-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                Here is the key to what Spence said, “But everybody has to respect Mikey Garcia for just taking that fight.”

Most people will respect Garcia, that’s obvious, but some may not respect Spence for taking this fight.
                I respect him IF he takes the fight but I will **** on him now if (when) he doesn’t take the fight and does his usual “goes in another direction”. A Spence fight is too easy to make that it’s clear what Mikey’s intentions were if this doesn’t get signed.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                  Am I missing something? Are there no top WWs for Spence to fight, that he needs to fight a little man with a big ego?
                  Very well put, I wish I read this before I posted

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    I respect him IF he takes the fight but I will **** on him now if (when) he doesn’t take the fight and does his usual “goes in another direction”. A Spence fight is too easy to make that it’s clear what Mikey’s intentions were if this doesn’t get signed.
                    Actually it's a very difficult fight to make because Showtime can't afford it, it needs to be a PPV. Mikey wants a 5 million guaranty and the number of buys simply won't cover that plus what Spence is demanding.

This is the very case that both Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter have been making all along...the fight doesn't work because there isn't enough money.

Bottom line, if your name isn't Manny, GGG or Canelo the buys aren't there.
                    Last edited by factsarenice; 09-11-2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      No as long as you get that paycheck right ?

Why are you making up all these excuses to not fight Crawford spence ? Im starting to dislike your attitude. Seems like you dont give a **** about the fans anymore
                      I'm guessing level of competition only maters when Spence is talking about Bud Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X