Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think roman will edge him but the odds are so wide, even a bit wider than Golovkin- brook i think

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      There isn't much mainstream recognition of smaller fighters. People were selling McWilliams Arroyo short (and didn't give him much credit either live if you ask me, but that's another story) even though he's solid. Not many people have seen Cuadras fight live, so odds were against him being seen as a solid underdog against someone who has received recognition as #1 P4P by many.

Robert Guerrero was 25/1 to 30/1 to beat Peralta if I'm not mistaken, and that was probably because no one really knew who Peralta was.

At 7/1 to 9/1 Roman Gonzalez is a large but not prohibitive favorite. I think the odds should be a bit closer but it's the correct order of magnitude. Cuadras could win but probably he won't.
      It's easy to sell short guy's that still have to use safety seats, and can't ride in the front...all joking aside, Peralta was the underdog, because he was a taxi driver that hadn't fought in over a year. If Guerrero wasn't shot to pieces, he likely would have lost.

Comment

I've been watching some of Cuadras' fights. Yes, this should be very interesting. He's got a good busy style.

Comment

The fight starts in about 20 minutes.

Comment

Karas vs. Kamegie coming up!

Comment

Working...
            X