No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado Eyes Title Shot After 1-2 More Tuneups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado Eyes Title Shot After 1-2 More Tuneups

BoxingScene.com was recently on hand in Denver, Colorado where former champion "Mile High" Mike Alvarado (35-4) was training for his upcoming June 25th bout against Josh Torres (15-4-2). The fight will be broadcast as part of UniMas' Solo Boxeo series.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Throw him in with Mosley

Comment

He would be a good step up for Kell Brook, what's Kell up to anyway?! Great to see Mike clean and fighting again. Still got a couple big fights left in him for sure.

Comment

If Alvarado can give up the partying and hood life, then he can salvage his caree,r because he's a fan-friendly fighter. He really did a lot of damage to his career with his quitting against Provodnikov & Rios. Not to mention him not taking those fights seriously and hanging in the streets. When he's serious, he can be a legit contender, as seen in the first 2 Rios fights and against Marquez. I don't have faith though. Too inconsistent.

Comment

There's the Silver, Interim, and Regular titles out there.....

Comment

Great news! Make it 2 tune-ups champ. You're almost there.

And stay clean

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Throw him in with Mosley
              That wouldnt be a bad stubhub main event.

Comment

Always liked Alvarado glad he has his head straight he still has some fight in him no more Rios wars though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                  If Alvarado can give up the partying and hood life, then he can salvage his caree,r because he's a fan-friendly fighter. He really did a lot of damage to his career with his quitting against Provodnikov & Rios. Not to mention him not taking those fights seriously and hanging in the streets. When he's serious, he can be a legit contender, as seen in the first 2 Rios fights and against Marquez. I don't have faith though. Too inconsistent.
                  You're absolutely right. He really hurt his image with those fights. But the guy has talent. If he stays straight he can make one more run. I hope he does. Was never a big fan but I'm rooting for him.

Comment

Alvarado vs Judah

Comment

Working...
                    X