Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys feel about the US government’s handling of the COVID-19 crisis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    85,000 cases and 1,200 deaths in US. I just saw today they say we are the top country with Corona and if that’s true, I’d say we failed.

Further more, I read that those who lost wages due to the virus in Canada are getting 2K per month for 4 months. Denmark said it would pay private companies hit hard by the virus 75% of their employees wages. While we are expected to get what. A 1 time check of $1,200? Possibly more if you have kids. Maybe more money in the future. Idk.
    I don't understand how there are so many uninformed people in the age of the internet.

USA is the 3rd most populous country in the world, when it come to per capita we are well below Europe when it comes to cases of Coronavirus. We have a population of 340 million meanwhile Italy with a population of 60 million is neck and neck with us. Do you understand how numbers work?

Second the $2000 Canadian is equivalent to about $1400 USD, and its their Unemployment benefits that you still have to qualify for if you lost your job due to COVID19. Not everyone gets that money like we do with our stimulus bill.

And lastly if you are going to compare Canadian unemployment benefits that stand at an equivalent $1400 per month to the American USD beefed unemployment benefits that stand close to $4000+ plus a month, then I'd say USA's package is far superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I've been asking what this country is doing about the short supply of ventilators but nobody has an answer
      Why are you asking on Boxingscene.com? You're not going to get anything but a b.s. answer. Ask your damn governor or something.

Comment

Honestly I don’t know how much better or worst we would have been under the leadership of another president like Obama. There’s so much second guessing and 20/20 hindsight judgement going around on both democrat and republican leadership.

I think Cuomo, Charlie Baker, Gavin Newsom as well as Dr Birx and Fauci are all doing the best that we can expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I've been asking what this country is doing about the short supply of ventilators but nobody has an answer
          It takes time, unfortunately. Car makers like GM, Ford and Toyota are going to do what they can but it's hard to predict how successful that will be considering they are virtually shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            Why are you asking on Boxingscene.com? You're not going to get anything but a b.s. answer. Ask your damn governor or something.
            Because there are threads here that are dedicated to these subjects

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              I don't understand how there are so many uninformed people in the age of the internet.

USA is the 3rd most populous country in the world, when it come to per capita we are well below Europe when it comes to cases of Coronavirus. We have a population of 340 million meanwhile Italy with a population of 60 million is neck and neck with us. Do you understand how numbers work?

Second the $2000 Canadian is equivalent to about $1400 USD, and its their Unemployment benefits that you still have to qualify for if you lost your job due to COVID19. Not everyone gets that money like we do with our stimulus bill.

And lastly if you are going to compare Canadian unemployment benefits that stand at an equivalent $1400 per month to the American USD beefed unemployment benefits that stand close to $4000+ plus a month, then I'd say USA's package is far superior.
              It’s the rate of infections that makes me believe it could’ve been handled better.

It’s not like this came out of nowhere. Our government has known about this. It didn’t spread here first. Numbers have gone up quickly at an alarming rate in a short period of time. But I also factor in citizens not taking it as seriously as they should.

USA’s unemployment benefit is $4,000 + per month? How? Most states cap their unemployment at $400 or $500 per week for a worker.

Also most can benefit from Canada’s package. And I also understand that things can change in the near future so we will see what happens with these bills and packages.

I do like that US cap it 99K.

Comment

Im ecstatic with how my Governor Gavin Newsome has handled California. Dude has taken this situation extremely serious and has made sure all Californians are informed with true facts.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Honestly I don’t know how much better or worst we would have been under the leadership of another president like Obama. There’s so much second guessing and 20/20 hindsight judgement going around on both democrat and republican leadership.

I think Cuomo, Charlie Baker, Gavin Newsom as well as Dr Birx and Fauci are all doing the best that we can expect.
                  There are very different skillsets required for leading when things are all going ok, and leading when things go badly.

A great leader during peaceful times might be a bad leader during times of war and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
                    Would really like to hear some opinions, mostly from my fellow American citizens.

Frankly I think they've been doing a pretty poor job with containing it and were clearly unprepared of the consequences. Hospitals are overrun, not enough supplies, not enough testings, States competing each other over essentials, people still being out and about and spreading, and talks of having people going back to work and gatherings by Easter, etc. This is something that's not just gonna go away soon.

I don't know about you guys but at the rate things are going with how the USA is handling the situation and their health care I wouldn't be surprised if this lasted longer than a year. Everything is just so uncoordinated and all over the place right now...
                    Better than it was in the beginning, but this shows that there needs to be protocols in place for a pandemic like this. Let's hope our government learns from this and is better prepared next time no matter who is president. China was also to blame for spreading this, when it could have stopped the spread sooner, lying to their people about the seriousness in the beginning even worse than anything in the US, from what I've heard. Whenever anyone gets infected anywhere, a country's government and scientists need to get on top of this stuff a lot more quickly. This needs to be a lesson worldwide for everyone, regardless of politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Better than it was in the beginning, but this shows that there needs to be protocols in place for a pandemic like this. Let's hope our government learns from this and is better prepared next time no matter who is president. China was also to blame for spreading this, when it could have stopped the spread sooner, lying to their people about the seriousness in the beginning even worse than anything in the US, from what I've heard. Whenever anyone gets infected anywhere, a country's government and scientists need to get on top of this stuff a lot more quickly. This needs to be a lesson worldwide for everyone, regardless of politics.
                      I heard talks of China fronting the bill for all of this. In the beginning, Trump tried to make it all seem like a joke too. I think he holds part of the blame. He certainly changed his tune since then, but in the beginning he was too lax about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X