No announcement yet.

Right turn on red?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right turn on red?

what is your take on a right turn while the light is red? in california, if you're waiting to make a right turn, you dont need to wait for the light to turn green, as long as there is no sign that says "no turn on red" and there is no traffic, then you're good to go.

does this rule apply where you guys are at? i hate having to wait behind a car that wont turn and is waiting until the light turn green.

I think different states have different laws on this I guess, it’s forbidden in NYC but in NJ it is allowed

Comment

check with local laws. youll get a fn ticket lol

Comment

I think in some larger urban areas, there should be no turn on red enforcement. You have pedestrians that can be struck and killed (R.I.P. Sweet Pea)

Comment

Legal in Texas. But so is running red lights while texting.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            check with local laws. youll get a fn ticket lol
            nah bro.. in cali, if there is no sign then you can make a right turn on red. you aint gotta wait for the light to turn green. hate mofos like this who sits there and wait.

Comment

In NYC NO turn on red unless otherwise posted. Everywhere else in New York it's the opposite- You CAN turn on red unless otherwise posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                In NYC NO turn on red unless otherwise posted. Everywhere else in New York it's the opposite- You CAN turn on red unless otherwise posted.
                Ah, didn't know that living on Long Island, weird. I don't usually try to turn on red but if you don't people honk at you out here like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Ah, didn't know that living on Long Island, weird. I don't usually try to turn on red but if you don't people honk at you out here like crazy.
                  because it's annoying! what are you waiting for? if there is no traffic then go ahead and make that right turn.

Comment

Arizona right turn on red everywhere, I cant imagine not turning on red.

Comment

Working...
                    X