Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 02-10-2019, 09:20 PM #1
I am Entropy. I am Death.

Quoted: 4877 Post(s)
DARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 559.92
Total Points: 27,770.83
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles No Message - -jose- 
biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz 
what a legend - sugarsmosley I made out with this guy's mom. - AnnunakiJesus for when you suck dick - -Weltschmerz- Ballsy.lets do it. - Scott-Weiland Wipe your ass and your tears chink. Most pitiful beef I've ever seen on here, it's cute you tried to step to me. - BM dnobagaV 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 
Default The Man who killed hitler and then Bigfoot

I noticed this movie is getting a lot of hate. A lot of people from message boards and that I recommended the movie to didn't like it, and it's getting pretty terrible reviews.

Personally, I think it was a masterpiece. It's full of intimate themes and poetic structures and is an in depth look into the soul of a hero, who's also just a human being.

It's full of jewels of wisdom that I'll probably carry with me forever.

Every scene has a purpose, every scene has a weight, and it's all tied together masterfully. I would give this an Oscar nomination over Black Panther

One of my favorite scenes(paraphrased):

"Why do you believe anything i'm saying?"

"Because most men live
their whole lives one way.
And when a liar is a liar,
he's a liar.
And when a fancy man is fancy,
he's fancy.
And when an honest man
is honest... he's honest."
DARKSEID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 PM #2
Sentenced to Texas

Quoted: 2557 Post(s)
Mooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 32,343.99
a real bro - Ruthless One Great stuff. - Santa_ damn!!! - -jose- No Message - Snoop Frog Salma's a goddess, I bet it tastes like a strawberry. - Santa_ 
Cheers, man! - Tony Trick-Pony 

I have not seen it but I bet I would agree with you. I don't think people "get it". Like another movie I thought was great, Bubba Ho Tep.
Mooshashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:20 PM #3

DARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond reputeDARKSEID has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles No Message - -jose- 
biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz 
what a legend - sugarsmosley I made out with this guy's mom. - AnnunakiJesus for when you suck dick - -Weltschmerz- Ballsy.lets do it. - Scott-Weiland Wipe your ass and your tears chink. Most pitiful beef I've ever seen on here, it's cute you tried to step to me. - BM dnobagaV 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshashi View Post
I have not seen it but I bet I would agree with you. I don't think people "get it". Like another movie I thought was great, Bubba Ho Tep.
Bruce campbell is the man lol

But this movie is nothing like that, it's not a b-level action cult film.

That's probably the reason a lot of people didn't like it, because it's not what they were expecting.

This movie is actually a serious, emotional drama lol, there's not a lot of action, but there's a lot of literary themes and introspection.

I caught all the themes and devices, about what it means to be a hero, and what it means to be an honest man trying to do the best he can in a flawed, unfair world.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:34 PM #4

Spoiler post:

This movie hit me deep.

The protagonist is the perfect hero. He saved the world twice, but it means nothing to him. All he did was do the right thing, but it cost him everything that mattered to him.

He realized, that saving the world doesn't mean anything, because no matter what you do, the world keeps turning without you, it will forget you it will exist without you.. he realized that although he thought he was doing the right thing, he would trade it all just for the simple things.

Spending time with his brother, or just being with the girl he loved... meant more than the entire world.

He struggles because doing the right thing meant giving up everything he loved, but he can't not do it.. he can't not do the right thing.. because that's what he is. He is a hero, and the hero will always be the hero.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-10-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:19 PM #5
Sentenced to Texas

Quoted: 2557 Post(s)
Mooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 32,343.99
a real bro - Ruthless One Great stuff. - Santa_ damn!!! - -jose- No Message - Snoop Frog Salma's a goddess, I bet it tastes like a strawberry. - Santa_ 
Cheers, man! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSEID View Post
Spoiler post:

This movie hit me deep.

The protagonist is the perfect hero. He saved the world twice, but it means nothing to him. All he did was do the right thing, but it cost him everything that mattered to him.

He realized, that saving the world doesn't mean anything, because no matter what you do, the world keeps turning without you, it will forget you it will exist without you.. he realized that although he thought he was doing the right thing, he would trade it all just for the simple things.

Spending time with his brother, or just being with the girl he loved... meant more than the entire world.

He struggles because doing the right thing meant giving up everything he loved, but he can't not do it.. he can't not do the right thing.. because that's what he is. He is a hero, and the hero will always be the hero.
Ok, man. I'm all in. My wife loves Sam Elliot so no problem getting her to see it.

He was very good in Star is Born and in The Hero.
Mooshashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:14 AM #6
WBA Regular Champion

Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Outworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond reputeOutworn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,836.18
Total Points: 33,798.94
enjoy - GOAT86 No Message - MANIAC310 Thanks for the donation - eddie_monster Cheers - TheKza Thanks bro, glad t o see there's still some actual fight fans left and not fan boys. - El-blanco 
GREENS - mathed Real man eat this for breakfast - Mighty_Windir You rock!!! - MDPopescu I'm the Champ!! - -KULT- floyd is a Fraud!! - -KULT- 
Gift time.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - 1hourRun No Message - 1hourRun No Message - 1hourRun 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANIAC310 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Turd Best Ever Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - 1hourRun Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - 1hourRun Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 1hourRun Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 

Quote:
I noticed this movie is getting a lot of hate. A lot of people from message boards and that I recommended the movie to didn't like it, and it's getting pretty terrible reviews.

Personally, I think it was a masterpiece. It's full of intimate themes and poetic structures and is an in depth look into the soul of a hero, who's also just a human being.

It's full of jewels of wisdom that I'll probably carry with me forever.

Every scene has a purpose, every scene has a weight, and it's all tied together masterfully. I would give this an Oscar nomination over Black Panther

One of my favorite scenes(paraphrased):

"Why do you believe anything i'm saying?"

"Because most men live
their whole lives one way.
And when a liar is a liar,
he's a liar.
And when a fancy man is fancy,
he's fancy.
And when an honest man
is honest... he's honest."
I was thinking of watching it but then i saw the not good reviews on imdb so i changed my mind. Now that you say its a masterpiece, i'll try to watch it.
Outworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:59 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshashi View Post
Ok, man. I'm all in. My wife loves Sam Elliot so no problem getting her to see it.

He was very good in Star is Born and in The Hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outworn View Post
I was thinking of watching it but then i saw the not good reviews on imdb so i changed my mind. Now that you say its a masterpiece, i'll try to watch it.
Hmm.. damn, I don't want to take responsibility if you guys watch the movie and didn't like it lol

Maybe masterpiece is a strong word. I would give it a 7.9/10

It's a slow burn type movie, and more than anything is a drama and a character/philosophy study. It's not the type of movie you would watch on a friday night, it's more of a wednesday after-lunch movie lol.

It connected with me. The protagonist connected with me. I admire his character, I share some of his struggles, I understand his perspectives and feelings, I learned some things, and the themes they were portraying resonated with me.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:34 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14844 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,104.90
Total Points: 61,616.84
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Spoiler post:

This movie hit me deep.

If itís on my 11 hour flight back to Cali, Iíll watch it.
My wife gets mad at me when I watch new movies that havenít been shown in japan.
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:43 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4887 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,735.18
Total Points: 44,821.77
happy holidays - Dean_Razorback Thanks! - Santa_ Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod 
Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart 
thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey SlŠinte .. Good health :) - kafkod 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

... it's more like: You either buy into it... or you don't!
MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:09 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
BodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond reputeBodiesInFlight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 21,538.88
Wow that chick is truly a bum sniffer lol - hectari Hahaha couldn't green you again,have a beer lmao - HughJass Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year bro - HughJass Hilarious - jas 
:) - Salim_Shady Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! This place is retarded lol - El-blanco good stuff - Santa_ Happy New Years Bro - Teetotaler 

Everything you play and watch is a masterpiece apparently.
BodiesInFlight is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
bigfoot, hitler, killed

User Tag List