Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-04-2019, 12:03 PM #91
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6244 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,104.90
Total Points: 58,011.29
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

different kind of athlete and fighter.

roy jones had devastating, one punch power that carried. one of the most explosive athletes i've ever seen. he could knock out LHW with one shot. that's a different kindof dominance. you cojldn't hit him and he'd knock your head off.

floyd was so good he was still damn near impossible to hit once he'd slowed down. again, different kind of dominance. you just couldn't hit him, and he could hit you as cleanly as he cared to.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-04-2019, 12:13 PM #92
The GOAT

Quoted: 2638 Post(s)
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,905.88
Total Points: 29,042.15
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Roy in his prime is the best fighter I've ever seen. There were no close or debatable fights from the time he turned probably until he came back down from HW unless you want to count the first Griffin fight which gets blown out of proportion because Roy went years with out losing a round.

This topic is all about who you like better on the end. They were both great champions and ATGs but there is no world in which Floyd was a better fighter than Roy in his prime.
Roy's style in his prime was superior to technical fighters and he wasn't even close to being beaten like Floyd was. Good post.
Boxing Goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:14 PM #93
The GOAT

Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
different kind of athlete and fighter.

roy jones had devastating, one punch power that carried. one of the most explosive athletes i've ever seen. he could knock out LHW with one shot. that's a different kindof dominance. you cojldn't hit him and he'd knock your head off.

floyd was so good he was still damn near impossible to hit once he'd slowed down. again, different kind of dominance. you just couldn't hit him, and he could hit you as cleanly as he cared to.
Good points except Floyd got hit a lot by Castillo. In his prime. Roy wasn't even challenged in his prime. That's the difference.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:18 PM #94
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
JcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 55,989.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniXSniPe View Post
We are talking about fighters in their prime.

Regardless about Tarver and Glen Johnson, Roy literally moved all the way down from heavyweight back to 175, where he was never the same again. It could have been the result of a cut that was too much (obviously cutting too quickly/too much weight/and or improperly is a big no-no), as well as the fact he was getting older. When he fought Tarver he was already 32? about to be 33. Cutting weight in your 20s is different from your 30s, especially when it's a lot of weight.

Against Calzaghe ---- he was already 37, about to be 38.

Roy wasn't in his prime against any of these fighters. Part of it was aging, part of it was a bad cut at a relatively old age.

Roy at his best would have definitely beaten Glen & Tarver.
Ok. Didn't Floyd do most of his achievements past the age of 30? Why couldn't Roy? So I will agree with you if you admit Floyd had a longer and better prime period than Roy.

I definitely agree with Glen , I am not too sure about Traver I feel like the magic man was always undervalued.
JcLazyX210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM #95
Undisputed Champion

JcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond reputeJcLazyX210 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
Lol! What does race have to do with anything I said?

Aren't Roy and Floyd both black fighters?

I meant that you're a dumb [email protected] That's why I can't talk any sense into you. And I remember trying before now and it went nowhere.

I said Roy was better at his peak and you went into resume's like a dumb [email protected] speaking dumb [email protected] things. I just don't have time for your racist, ignorant mind. Go get drunk on your 40 some more or something.
Maybe you are just in the closet for black man. You have a superman image I think you are confused and use this as your outlet.

I don't know what your talking about, the fact you can remember past conversations on here I know you have no life. I and I know you are going to block me for speaking the truth.

Roy didn't prove anything in his speak but Hopkins, James Toney and a fat lazy Ruiz. Does he have a highlight reel of course but none of those hightreels are anyone to brag about.

Mike McMullan, Virgil Hill, Hopkins, Tony were all good wins I will even throw in Vinny if you want. There you have. I am just plain dumb but you are dumber.

If you wanted to count Floyd's prime since 1998 when he won the lineal title at featherweight. That man has a deep resume.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:34 PM #96
The GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
Maybe you are just in the closet for black man. You have a superman image I think you are confused and use this as your outlet.

I don't know what your talking about, the fact you can remember past conversations on here I know you have no life. I and I know you are going to block me for speaking the truth.

Roy didn't prove anything in his speak but Hopkins, James Toney and a fat lazy Ruiz. Does he have a highlight reel of course but none of those hightreels are anyone to brag about.

Mike McMullan, Virgil Hill, Hopkins, Tony were all good wins I will even throw in Vinny if you want. There you have. I am just plain dumb but you are dumber.

If you wanted to count Floyd's prime since 1998 when he won the lineal title at featherweight. That man has a deep resume.
I was shocked you said one accurate thing in there so I figured I'd give you kudos. ^

Leave race out of it next time
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:43 PM #97
Contender

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Boxingraya is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,876.00
From your boy, Hatley. - ΣNΣMY 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbook View Post
Clear.
Prime Roy >>> prime Floyd
lol. no. Roy simply fought lesser talent for a longer period, during his prime.
Boxingraya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:44 PM #98
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxingraya View Post
lol. no. Roy simply fought lesser talent for a longer period, during his prime.

Thank You!!!!!!!!^^^^^^>>>^^^^^^^>>>>
Old 02-04-2019, 12:46 PM #99
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
I was shocked you said one accurate thing in there so I figured I'd give you kudos. ^

Leave race out of it next time
I will agree to disagree. As long if you stop calling people dumb for having a different opinion.

Looks like a few other people agree with me.

Yes you are right. I should had left racism out of it.

I changed my 40 to a 8.6 Lol.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:53 PM #100
The GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
I will agree to disagree. As long if you stop calling people dumb for having a different opinion.

Looks like a few other people agree with me.

Yes you are right. I should had left racism out of it.

I changed my 40 to a 8.6 Lol.
You disagreed to a different question and misrepresented Roy's prime. That's my problem with what you said.

Roy is my all time favorite fighter and I'm well aware of what he did and how some newer fans judge his whole career based on some bad post-prime losses and what they can go see on [email protected] but those few things don't tell Roy's whole story. He was P4P#1 for the better part of a decade for a reason. I'm not going to act like those things didn't happen. Roy was a better fighter at their absolute peaks even if Floyd has obviously retired with a better resume.

Share This With Friends

Tags
false:, floyd?, jones, level, prime, true

User Tag List