Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte agrees with Ben Davidson. Hearn is lowballing Fury, Whyte, & Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The low ball comes of the potential money that the fight is going to generate and Hearn minimizing the event to keep more. AJ is the draw but a good match always sells well.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      My man, you don't have to explain the cost difference to me lol.

You do those types of numbers and then Joshua isn't calling all the shots. We will hear Hearn say well he has four belts!!! Which is f'n hilarious to me how he tries to make the IBO belt legitimate when no one else except from Eubank does.

The winner of Wilder/Fury II isn't settling for less than 50/50. And at that point Hearn's PR games are not going to woke. People won't accept well my guy has this or he is the biggest star etc. Everyone will be calling for the fight and won't be interested in anything else.

Should be fun!

If Wilder , Joshua , Fury were all going to fight say someone like Baby Miller, who do you think would do the most PPVs?.

Two fighters fighting over who is second best heavyweight does not make the winner worth 50%. Neither is a big seller unless they have a decent dance Partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauliflower ear View Post
        If Wilder , Joshua , Fury were all going to fight say someone like Baby Miller, who do you think would do the most PPVs?.

Two fighters fighting over who is second best heavyweight does not make the winner worth 50%. Neither is a big seller unless they have a decent dance Partner.
        Here is the thing, after the 2nd fight and what they do on PPV, the winner is going to go on another level. So compare it after that fight. And are the fans going to give Hearn/AJ a pass if they pass on the fight because Wilder or Fury asked for a 50/50 split?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Can't wait until Miller scoffs at the 1m flat fee offer and joins the list, while AJ fights Shannon Briggs at Wembly.
          He already did :lo1:

Hearn, who promotes Joshua and co-promotes Miller, offered “Big Baby” a multi-million dollar payday for his first title opportunity, per sources. However, the sides are still negotiating.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            the fight does more in the united states. a lot more. 2 trillion in gdp vs 20 trillion. a state next to nevada, called california, has a bigger economy than your entire country!

it's f#cking arrogant nonsense if you think it's out of line for wilder to expect more than 10-20% of the purse in the form of a 12 or 15 million dollar guarantee.
            Answer this question.

Why was Wilder making 1/4 what Joshua was making for every fight until the Fury one?

You guys have an economy 20,000,000 times bigger than our poor, poverty ridden little cesspit, so why was your WORLD CHAMP making pittance?

Your champ got offered what he was worth at the time because he was making nothing.

To be frank, unless he demonstrates the ability to make $30,000,000 against an unflashy opponent like say a Kubrat Pulev, then he is NOT worth 50/50. Because as far as i'm concerned Fury was the draw in their fight.

As for JP getting more, well it was 2 belts v 1 in that fight so Parker deserved 1/3

Now it's 3/1 vs Wilder so that being the case a 25% split is fair

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Here is the thing, after the 2nd fight and what they do on PPV, the winner is going to go on another level. So compare it after that fight. And are the fans going to give Hearn/AJ a pass if they pass on the fight because Wilder or Fury asked for a 50/50 split?
              I admire your optimism my friend, and I totally hear you about thier worth going up after the rematch if it sells well...but where does it leave the rematch winner really?. If Joshua won't go 50/50 are they going to be able to go PPV with just anyone?...would anyone in the US pay $70 to watch Wilder Breazeale even if he does beat Fury?. I would say that Fury would be able to do a PPV in the UK but he isnt the most exciting fighter so i think he would need to be matched well.

If Fury wins and starts mouthing off it will become difficult for Joshua just to blow it off no doubt...I could see 50/50 for that, but Wilder...I doubt that, i think the pressure would be on Wilder to make the Joshua fight because like I mentioned above he has no one to fight and make the big bucks...a 3rd fight with Fury maybe but that depends on how well received this rematch is.

Personally I think Joshua will sell well regardless, maybe not on the level he has in the past and of course it will come to an end at somepoint, organically i imagine...maybe if he loses badly a couple of times or becomes massively risk averse with age.

Comment

Lol. I thought Whyte was just talking out of his ass as part of the promotion. Guess he really is that dumb.

Let's resurrect this thread in a year when Whyte is fighting for 100k against nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauliflower ear View Post
                  I admire your optimism my friend, and I totally hear you about thier worth going up after the rematch if it sells well...but where does it leave the rematch winner really?. If Joshua won't go 50/50 are they going to be able to go PPV with just anyone?...would anyone in the US pay $70 to watch Wilder Breazeale even if he does beat Fury?. I would say that Fury would be able to do a PPV in the UK but he isnt the most exciting fighter so i think he would need to be matched well.

If Fury wins and starts mouthing off it will become difficult for Joshua just to blow it off no doubt...I could see 50/50 for that, but Wilder...I doubt that, i think the pressure would be on Wilder to make the Joshua fight because like I mentioned above he has no one to fight and make the big bucks...a 3rd fight with Fury maybe but that depends on how well received this rematch is.

Personally I think Joshua will sell well regardless, maybe not on the level he has in the past and of course it will come to an end at somepoint, organically i imagine...maybe if he loses badly a couple of times or becomes massively risk averse with age.
                  Yes, if Wilder/Fury II does over 700k buys and say Wilder KOs Fury? He absolutely would be able to go on PPV against Breazeale/Ortiz/etc. And I don't know how you can even sell Fury on getting less than 50/50 if he beats Wilder. That just isn't going to happen. They will do over 2M buys in the UK and it will be the biggest fight ever in that country. We can revisit this thread after the fight and if/when the Joshua fight ever gets made against the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Dillian Whyte and Ben Davidson...

this long growing "Everybody is jealous of AJ" List apparently
                    They just jelluss of he's bbc (big brit-

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                      He offered Whyte less than he made against Chisora.

is that true?

that's f#cking pathetic if that's the case. hearn was talking about white like he was trying to make him into a star. now he won't get more money to fight a prime joshua than he would to fight derek chisora working his way toward his 10th loss?

Comment

Working...
                      X