No announcement yet.

Cain Velasquez ‘rarely’ training according to coach, won’t fight soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    It's because of that idiotic gym of his, I just keep seeing those gifs in my mind of Cain doing dangerous stunts(yes stunts, it's not effective safe training) with giant kettlebells and extreme heavy leg raise machines.

What a waste.

Yeah, AKA guys are also known to beat the living the **** out of each in sparring.

Even the biggest gym rat meatheads don't do leg extensions because it's known to cause knee problems, but Cain goes max weight as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Yeah, AKA guys are also known to beat the living the **** out of each in sparring.

Even the biggest gym rat meatheads don't do leg extensions because it's known to cause knee problems, but Cain goes max weight as fast as possible.

Yeah and here's another gem:

The trainers deleted these videos after all the bashing they got, that's pretty telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Yeah, Joe Rogan talks about how he avoided the same surgery with a therapy to decompress the disc, but once you have the surgery that's no longer an option. Chris opted for the quicker solution as he probably wants to make money over the next couple years. But if he re-injures it, there's nothing left to fix.
        Well, you can have surgery to have a bulging disc shaved down, that's what my dad did a few years back. So wouldn't physical therapy also help after surgery, like it often does after injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Well, you can have surgery to have a bulging disc shaved down, that's what my dad did a few years back. So wouldn't physical therapy also help after surgery, like it often does after injuries?
          Yeah to strengthen the muscles for support, but I ment the therapy that decompresses the disc itself. Once it's shaved down, that material is gone. Rogan was talking about the Reverse Hyper, it helps the herniated portion of the disc go back in rather than cutting it off with surgery.

Comment

The trainers deleted these videos after all the bashing they got, that's pretty telling.
            Lol

Comment

The guy simply doesnt know how to train and has to be very gullible in personality to have been listening to his strength and conditioning coaches for so long to keep letting them train him . ANY elite athlete would figure out quickly whats what bc the body would tell you by feel .

MMA is the hardest sport in the world to prepare for at elite levels and a fine line of strength training with sparing in multiple styles and striking bags /pads etc you need to know how to train particularly if you weigh alot bc the body does not function like like a light weight . In the end its his fault along with his entire team and ALL trainers bc its one package . I dont believe his other team mates are injured frequently by coincidence .

Comment

Luke, DC, Khabib and Cain all injured. Great gym in terms of star power, head trainer but awful strength and conditioning programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Yeah to strengthen the muscles for support, but I ment the therapy that decompresses the disc itself. Once it's shaved down, that material is gone. Rogan was talking about the Reverse Hyper, it helps the herniated portion of the disc go back in rather than cutting it off with surgery.

So then it seems like it would be better to get the surgery and then rehab, to strengthen the muscles and keep them strong, while the disc stays repaired.

Comment

that sucks to hear that. hes my favortie all time mma fighter. He should start coaching . he did pretty well when he coach the TUf latino fighter series in MX

Comment

hes fucking fault, look at the dude training him or overseeing him lol I would never take advice from a fat fuck like that. Dude literally looks like every fat **** who thinks hes buff.

Comment

Working...
                      X