Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamal Khashoggi, saudi journalist, murdered in Turkey by Saudis.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    Hate to break it to you but the Saudis & Emiratis regard the US as pond scum

What’s more, it’s almost inevitable that there’s another terror attack from this and you dumbarses will be sitting around saying “what did we ever do to them?”
    Dont care what they think

Dont care why they do terrorist acts

I believe in profit and massive retaliation

God bless america

Comment

damn...here he is defending Saudi Arabia just a year ago.

Comment

Saudi Arabia claims Khashoggi was killed in a fight, contrary to other accounts

- Saudi Arabia says dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi died in a fight at its consulate in Istanbul, Turkey.

- Its account contradicts its own earlier claim that Khashoggi left shortly after arriving the consulate.

- Previous media reports, citing Turkish officials, said Khashoggi was tortured, killed and dismembered.

Missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi is dead, Saudi Arabia's general prosecutor said early Saturday morning local time.

The government said that Khashoggi got into a fight with the people he met at the consulate in Istanbul, Turkey. The kingdom alleged that Khashoggi died in that clash.

That explanation counters multiple reports of how Khashoggi died. Turkish officials told The New York Times that it has audio evidence which proves Khashoggi was tortured, killed and subsequently dismembered by a hit team of Saudi agents.

It also contradicts the Saudi government's earlier account of events. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman previously told Bloomberg that the dissident journalist left the consulate shortly after he arrived.

"My understanding is he entered and he got out after a few minutes or one hour. I'm not sure. We are investigating this through the foreign ministry to see exactly what happened at that time," he told Bloomberg at the time.

When asked to confirm that Khashoggi is not inside the consulate, the crown prince told Bloomberg, "Yes, he's not inside."

The announcement comes more than two weeks after Khashoggi was last seen in public, entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi was a frequent critic of Saudi Arabia's royal family and wrote columns for The Washington Post.

The kingdom also fired Deputy Chief of General Intelligence Ahmad bin Hassan Asiri and royal court advisor Abdullah Al-Qahtani. The kingdom also said a committee would be formed to restructure its intelligence agency under the supervision of Prince Mohammed, "to modernize its regulations and define its powers precisely."

On Thursday, The New York Times reported that Saudi officials close to the crown prince planned on blaming Asiri for Khashoggi's death. The Times said by making Asiri a scapegoat, the government could help shield the crown prince from blame.

Through its state press, the kingdom said it has detained 18 Saudi nationals after preliminary investigations linked them to the case.

Saudi Arabia said it "is taking the necessary measures to clarify the circumstances in the case of Saudi citizen Jamal Khashoggi" and that "all those involved will be brought to justice."

In the weeks following Khashoggi's disappearance, the international community increasingly pressed Saudi Arabia for the dissident's whereabouts. U.S. President Donald Trump also faced mounting criticism for being too soft in his response.

On Thursday, Trump acknowledged Khashoggi was likely dead and said he would consider "very severe consequences" if Saudi Arabia is found responsible. Vice President Mike Pence said that the U.S. will not "solely rely" on information provided by Saudi Arabia.

Several members of Congress have called for swift sanctions on oil-rich Saudi Arabia in the uproar over Khashoggi.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., quickly expressed his doubts about the Saudi explanation for the journalist's death.
        https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/19/saud...consulate.html

Comment

Vlad, do you believe the Saudi report?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Vlad, do you believe the Saudi report?
              They changed their story several times so something is definitely up. I’m pretty sure there must be security cameras in the consulate that might show a good part of what really happened. Until then I don’t really buy any story.

Comment

Not going to lie, I got no idea why this is important..

Who gives a ****

Foreign reporter, killed in a foreign country, by foreigners... nothing to do with the USA..

Why are people more concerned about this, then bengazhi when an ambassador was killed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Who gives a ****

Foreign reporter, killed in a foreign country, by foreigners... nothing to do with the USA..

Why are people more concerned about this, then bengazhi when an ambassador was killed?
                  Ive been asking myself this question. Its just a Dem talking point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Who gives a ****

Just another mental gymnastic the liberal media wants to spin and lay blame on Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      They changed their story several times so something is definitely up. I’m pretty sure there must be security cameras in the consulate that might show a good part of what really happened. Until then I don’t really buy any story.
                      Turkey need to share the audio and video they claim to have.

You think they should face sanctions?

Comment

Working...
                      X