Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook needing a 16-week training camp to make Welterweight/147 lb.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook needing a 16-week training camp to make Welterweight/147 lb.

Personally I find this messed up. I understand fighters chase the money, but it's pretty obvious Brook is compromising himself making 147 lb. Seems Eddie Hearn also has the opinion, "If Kell wants the big fights he'll have to take the weight off..." Hearn is a fooking crook. He should be doing everything he can to try to make it a catchweight of 150 lb. or something. How fast did he forget about his supposed allegiance to Kell once he'd signed Khan?

Well here's to hoping each eye socket he lost totals 7 pounds

(and if he can squeeze out a 'chocolate brownie' before the weigh-ins, he should make 147 comfortably)

Comment

I don't know what's going on in Hearn's head at the minute. It's like he takes delight in making people bend over backwards for no real reason, even his own people. Like OP said, a catchweight of 150 is a natural compromise to make and it doesn't devalue the fight by one penny. Khan's fought at MW so in theory it shouldn't be a problem for him either. However, Hearn can't seem to resist the urge to make things difficult and more awkward than they need to be. I've seen petty, controlling behaviour from promoters before but that was always in service of their bottom line, this appears to be done purely for the thrill of it, or out of spite. He's only got like this recently too, he never used to be like this. It's like something snapped in his head when he got really big following the runaway success of Joshua's career.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        I don't know what's going on in Hearn's head at the minute. It's like he takes delight in making people bend over backwards for no real reason, even his own people. Like OP said, a catchweight of 150 is a natural compromise to make and it doesn't devalue the fight by one penny. Khan's fought at MW so in theory it shouldn't be a problem for him either. However, Hearn can't seem to resist the urge to make things difficult and more awkward than they need to be. I've seen petty, controlling behaviour from promoters before but that was always in service of their bottom line, this appears to be done purely for the thrill of it, or out of spite. He's only got like this recently too, he never used to be like this. It's like something snapped in his head when he got really big following the runaway success of Joshua's career.
        You're totally correct. Seems almost sadistic in some of his actions and the way he behaves.

Comment

Khan wont make the fight at 150 because he wants Brook to be unhealthy at 147. That's his only chance of not being left in an unconscious state.

Comment

He won't be able to hang with the guys at 154, might at as press his luck at 147. I don't think there's a great future left for him so whatever he does he probably needs to make his money in his next few fights.

Comment

Brook is finished at the top level & will quit once it gets tough from now on, dude is a broken fighter.

Comment

I always thought that Khan would not budge on 147. I think it's a bad idea for Brook to try come in at that weight. His own team have been saying for years it's a struggle for him.

Seems like he wants that last big money fight.
                I wouldn't be surprised if Khan plays with him though and it still doesn't happen.

Comment

Is anyone really surprised? He was walking around between 175-180 when he signed to fight GGG. He has always been a very large WW. Should really be at 154.

Comment

No one is forcing him to fight at 147. Hurd already offered him a title shot at 154. He should try his hand at JMW.

Comment

Working...
                    X