Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After this fight I realized

That Wilder would destroy Joshua.
    I used to see it as a 50/50 fight.
    Now I see it as a 70/30 fight for Wilder.
    Unless Joshua improves that is.
    But the version that showed up versus Parker is tailored for an Alabama big right hand.
    Joshua was slow, robotic, and easy to touch for a fighter that isn’t as fast as Wilder. Doesn’t have the reach or height of a Wilder. Not the explosive movement or one punch KO power.
    Hearn and Joshua will continue to duck �� Wilder.
    Last edited by BoxingTech718; 03-31-2018, 08:43 PM.

Get ready for the hate. About the post: yeah, when I started looking at today's heavyweight I thought that this would be 50/50, but once I watched a good amount of their fight I came to a close conclusion to you (75/25 for Wilder), Joshua's only chance is Wilder getting careless like in round 7

Comment

Parker's lack of reach was the biggest thing. Wilder is unorthodox and undisciplined but he has those long arms and I don't think he would be as cautious as Parker was.

Comment

I used to favor Joshua but I'm leaning more toward Wilder now. Don't get me wrong, the guy's style is a mess. But, AJ is chinny and he has either bad stamina when he's bulky, or no power when he's leaner. I'd have to favor clumsy Deontay.

Comment

I think a lot of people are realizing just how mediocre Joshua is

Comment

Parker was cagey and smart but didn't really go looking for him he did well to make the rounds close-ish.

AJ/Wilder rounds will probably look fairly similar to what we saw tonight I feel. I'm still assuming AJ would take centre ring and his jab would pick up points and it'd be up to Wilder to see if he can blast him out.

AJ is still bigger and stronger and technically more proficient and Wilder is still faster and more explosive and has the ultimate equaliser in his right hand.

I just see that right hand landing I think and AJ has stayed hit in the past.

But AJ isn't mediocre people. Give him a little bit of credit.

It'll take a very good fighter to beat him.

Comment

I still think its the same fight. Parker has no bearing on it. I think his plan was to move, move, move and pot shot until AJ gassed. It didnt happen and it ended up being a stinker of a fight. Wilder doesnt have the skill to do what Parker did and he wont have any intention of trying it. He will be wary of Joshua early like he was with Ortiz and hope to land a bomb and he might. Its still a 50/50 fight just like it was before a few hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                I still think its the same fight. Parker has no bearing on it. I think his plan was to move, move, move and pot shot until AJ gassed. It didnt happen and it ended up being a stinker of a fight. Wilder doesnt have the skill to do what Parker did and he wont have any intention of trying it. He will be wary of Joshua early like he was with Ortiz and hope to land a bomb and he might. Its still a 50/50 fight just like it was before a few hours ago.
                I respectfully disagree sir. I saw Parker getting in some good work on the inside and surprisingly l, even with a lack of reach, did some good work jabbing too.
                Styles make fights and Joshua is perfect for Wilder. Stalking forward as a big slow target is asking to get hit with right straight. And Wilder won’t even have to worry about the awkward southpaw stance that gave him trouble versus Ortiz.
                Short of catching the flu again. Wilder should Knock Joshua out.

Comment

I definitely like Wilder's chances better virtually everytime I see Joshua fight lately, but I think Wilder is so flawed himself that he's always gonna be the dog here or just be capable of losing.

So idk about people saying Wilder wins easy, but I don't think Joshua wins easier either for that matter. I think this is a competitive fight where I could see both guys hurt &/or on the floor.

Hopefully I can be proven right or wrong next time out.

Comment

Definitely Wilder is starting to look like the better of the two
                    Wilder’s style will be the difference
                    He will be wild and some will be hayemakers but just enough to keep AJ on his toes and gun shy
                    Of course AJ will have to counter but will he be up to it (very slow and stamina problems )...
                    Just think Hearn might know something and that’s why AJ won’t fight him any time soon

Comment

Working...
                    X