Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Is Official

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope by re-make they add their own modern twist to this game, I liked the old Resident Evil games but for me the play style of those games don't interest me anymore.

Re-make RE2 all you want just add a personal touch to it, it can still be a survival horror game regardless its just the developers have to take that approach to things or perhaps allowing players to decide on survival or a balance between action and some survival for those who don't want to worry about conserving ammo.

Main thing for them is to escape that casual gameplay of RE6, gear the game down more to RE4 maybe adding a stealth mechanic and keep it a singleplayer experience and just simply do their thing.

Comment

What is taking these Cunts?

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
        What is taking these Cunts?
        That's the million dollar question right now. Everyone is asking that. It's been a little over 2 years. Kobayashi was quoted as saying "information for the game will be out soon". Who knows how soon is "soon" though. But good news is they do keep saying it's in development. Fans are getting restless with lack of screenshots, clips of current development, any news, there's been nothing but verbal confirmation that the game is in development.

Comment

Originally posted by KKKonorMcGregor View Post
          I hope by re-make they add their own modern twist to this game, I liked the old Resident Evil games but for me the play style of those games don't interest me anymore.

Re-make RE2 all you want just add a personal touch to it, it can still be a survival horror game regardless its just the developers have to take that approach to things or perhaps allowing players to decide on survival or a balance between action and some survival for those who don't want to worry about conserving ammo.

Main thing for them is to escape that casual gameplay of RE6, gear the game down more to RE4 maybe adding a stealth mechanic and keep it a singleplayer experience and just simply do their thing.
          What did you think of Resident Evil 7? The change in camera view, the change in characters, the gameplay, no extras (you had to buy it in DLC)...the overall direction the game took???

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            What did you think of Resident Evil 7? The change in camera view, the change in characters, the gameplay, no extras (you had to buy it in DLC)...the overall direction the game took???
            I liked it at first, but I somewhat missed the old style of gameplay.
            I've always been fond of FPS games, but this one didn't really add the gun gameplay to go with it by that I mean It seemed half assed, you can't even aim down the gun's sights, and the weapons seemed so damn underpowered.
            There was also a lack of weapon customisation, lack of weapon choices too.

The game had good tense moments that had you on the edge of your seat and it did a good job of setting the atmosphere and getting you with jump scares.
            The lack of zombies in the game was disappointing, there was none as far as I'm aware.

This game was pretty much an attempt at a revival of the old ways of RE games, It had some good puzzles and scares, but RE to me is a Zombie apocalypse game.

To sum it up, in short, I felt It was underwhelming, I was hoping for a first person version of RE4 and I don't mean I wanted it to be Identical, but overall the direction of RE7 didn't work for me, too much walking about with nothing happening (Nothing to kill) doesn't make me a happy gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by KKKonorMcGregor View Post
              I liked it at first, but I somewhat missed the old style of gameplay.
              I've always been fond of FPS games, but this one didn't really add the gun gameplay to go with it by that I mean It seemed half assed, you can't even aim down the gun's sights, and the weapons seemed so damn underpowered.
              There was also a lack of weapon customisation, lack of weapon choices too.

The game had good tense moments that had you on the edge of your seat and it did a good job of setting the atmosphere and getting you with jump scares.
              The lack of zombies in the game was disappointing, there was none as far as I'm aware.

This game was pretty much an attempt at a revival of the old ways of RE games, It had some good puzzles and scares, but RE to me is a Zombie apocalypse game.

To sum it up, in short, I felt It was underwhelming, I was hoping for a first person version of RE4 and I don't mean I wanted it to be Identical, but overall the direction of RE7 didn't work for me, too much walking about with nothing happening (Nothing to kill) doesn't make me a happy gamer.
              Man, I did not like it from the start. Like as soon as I saw the trailers for it, I was disappointed. It was the first RE game I did not purchase, a friend actually loaned to me and I beat it once. It had no replay value. Some people liked it, others didn't. The one's who liked it claim that the one's who don't like it are a "vocal minority", but that doesn't look like it's true going FB posts on RE official page, and a host of YT videos of RE7. There was a lot of people who did not like the change of camera angle and the elimination of long time characters.

Comment

I thought we'd get a teaser at least at E3 this year.. Maybe they'll show something at TGS or PSX in December

Comment

Any updates?

This remake excites me more than any Upcoming PS4 or PC release.

I hope it's still on and I hope they nail it.

Comment

Originally posted by Laddie_Loc View Post
                    Any updates?

This remake excites me more than any Upcoming PS4 or PC release.

I hope it's still on and I hope they nail it.
                    Wait for E3, there is a chance of hearing about it there, but I'm going to go off on a limb and say we won't be getting it til 2019.

Comment

Capcom makes some damn quality games, let's do it. Make this a triple a remake like re1 and im on board.

Comment

Working...
                      X