X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
    I think you're mixing teams up.

edit: ok you were referring to one of their previous games.
    Yeah, that's what really sunk them, the loss on Friday. Today was expected but losing out on what should have been three points on Friday, has ended their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Yeah, that's what really sunk them, the loss on Friday. Today was expected but losing out on what should have been three points on Friday, has ended their chances.
      They still have some mathematical chance to qualify but it's very slim. Germany and Poland will qualify, although I'd be happy if Ireland qualified instead of Germans. Looks like it ain't gonna happen, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
        They still have some mathematical chance to qualify but it's very slim. Germany and Poland will qualify, although I'd be happy if Ireland qualified instead of Germans. Looks like it ain't gonna happen, though.
        Ireland is still in it, the third place teams have a playoff to determine who continues. They have a shot.

Comment

• I don't buy into the argument that we're an average team. We're not world beaters but we can play better than we have been. We show glimpses of nice passing and moving off the ball. These are few and far between because the system we employ is absolute crap. Puke football of the highest order.

I agree that we have an average manager. God awful negative tactics. I could handle that type of system against bigger teams but I can't accept it against teams like Georgia etc.

The "average team" mantra that's bandied about seems to have wriggled its way into the team and these players are not average imo. With a more positive philosophy I think we could have a team worth getting behind.

We're too negative. We might have the best defence but it comes at a price when we sacrifice forward play to sitting deep when it's completely unnecessary to do so against teams like this.

Comment

• Lol

Lol @how ****ing pathetic republic of ireland and scotland are..

Even ****ing N Ireland and Wales will qualify for this joke of a tournament

Comment

• Who just went of on a stretcher? Not walcott again surely

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

I think in the euros you get a better quality game overall. It's more tactical but i find the intricate play to be better over the course of the tournament compared to the WC.

The qualies have always been pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  I think in the euros you get a better quality game overall. It's more tactical but i find the intricate play to be better over the course of the tournament compared to the WC.

The qualies have always been pants.
                  Platini increased the amount of teams in the competition to 26 i think? WC used to be 32 from what i remember.

The Euros used to be high quality but i doubt next years will be with this change..

England are complete **** but absolutely cruising thiz group.. and most likely you will have switzerland and one other terrible team from the same group in the euros

Comment

• I think England look like a quarter final team again.

Back to the good old days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

Yeah, extrnding it to 24 teams was a bad idea, it's just not necessary. It will still be a good tournament once you get out of the group stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X