No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2019 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
    Robbie Barrett, bigjavi973, SUBZER0ED, jpowell100, Redd Foxx, RJJ-94-02=GOAT, Chrismart, Ganondorf, Eff Pandas, BLASTER1,HeadBodyBodyBodyBlakbread904, FrankieClutch, HandsofIron, DuckAdonis, RockyB, trashman, otrocubiche, j0zef, Mammoth, NC Uppercut, ruedboy, Idunnoshet, superbee, MindGame

Apologies for the intrusion gents, but I'm trying to compile a shoutout list for the PICK EM to make sure everyone gets a reminder to get their picks in and to make it easier to poll which fights we want in and the suchlike.

If anyone wants taking off the list just p.m me or post in this thread to let me know and it shall be done.

Regards K
    List is a great idea. Shout tag me for sure. Unless it's for a, "Do you think a single 35 year old starting out his window is creepy?" (punchr)

Comment

• keep up the good work fellas

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I thought you were gonna make a club or w/e for doing that sorta stuff? Wouldn't that be easier to maintain? Or can you even start clubs or w/e here anymore?
        Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        List is a great idea. Shout tag me for sure. Unless it's for a, "Do you think a single 35 year old starting out his window is creepy?" (punchr)
        Original plan was to set it up as a discussion group, but I batted that one over to NC Uppercut and RL stuff got in the way I gather. There actually is a PICK EM discussion group now, problem is no-one seems to know what you can do with it and I ain't had time to experiment. Thing is we already know the mass shout tag thing actually works for sure because of punchr - bless his creepy lil socks - and all I need to do is dump the shoutout list in this thread and copypaste it (or whichever names I need) each time it's required. Maybe we'll take another look at the discussion group in future, but this is something I can get going easily straight away.

Funny enough punchr ain't the only oddball I borrowed an idea from either - the whole multi-user account idea for the CREW was inspired by the WBC, WBA, IBF account - guess those dudes did serve a purpose after all...

'Pandas - I'll work on the advance schedule a bit. I know we tried it last summer for a while and whilst inevitably it wasn't perfect (with some fights cancelled and some new ones made etc) your absentee picks didn't work out too bad either... reckon we hit with about 50 - 60% of the fights if I recall right. In general the two places I'm looking are the Boxrec front page schedule list, the Boxrec schedule pages (usually the male 4* and 5* rated fights) and the Schedule on here... usually both are pretty good up to about a month out but get a bit thin thereafter. Still - should be enough to get going with though.. bear with me and I'll see what I can do.
        Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 05-15-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Original plan was to set it up as a discussion group, but I batted that one over to NC Uppercut and RL stuff got in the way I gather. There actually is a PICK EM discussion group now, problem is no-one seems to know what you can do with it and I ain't had time to experiment. Thing is we already know the mass shout tag thing actually works for sure because of punchr - bless his creepy lil socks - and all I need to do is dump the shoutout list in this thread and copypaste it (or whichever names I need) each time it's required. Maybe we'll take another look at the discussion group in future, but this is something I can get going easily straight away.

Funny enough punchr ain't the only oddball I borrowed an idea from either - the whole multi-user account idea for the CREW was inspired by the WBC, WBA, IBF account - guess those dudes did serve a purpose after all...

'Pandas - I'll work on the advance schedule a bit. I know we tried it last summer for a while and whilst inevitably it wasn't perfect (with some fights cancelled and some new ones made etc) your absentee picks didn't work out too bad either... reckon we hit with about 50 - 60% of the fights if I recall right. In general the two places I'm looking are the Boxrec front page schedule list, the Boxrec schedule pages (usually the male 4* and 5* rated fights) and the Schedule on here... usually both are pretty good up to about a month out but get a bit thin thereafter. Still - should be enough to get going with though.. bear with me and I'll see what I can do.

I’ve said it before ; it’s all or nothing with you Koba
          Your one crazy fughin Hippie
          Lmao
          Tip my hat to you

Comment

• It's all good...

Comment

• The plunger man, koba, Frankie2Jabs, ShoulderRoll, BigZ44, koolkc107, Mooshashi, B Phontain, mathed, kushking, A.K, Damn Wicked, Baltimore, sinca,
              MulaKO, b morph.

Ok gents apologies for taking up your time - some of you might have already seen the shout tag post from earlier, but I'm compiling a list of PICK EM player links to make it easier to send out alerts and reminders for the game and also to canvass opinion when it's necessary (for deciding which fights to put in the game and the like).

Anyone who wants to opt out just post your intent on this thread or p.m me and I'll take you off the list.

I compiled this list off the Canelo PICK EM cos that was the one played my most players in recent weeks, but I've noted that there's a few names on there who don't really play regularly .. again if that's you and you ain't really got an interest in continuing just let me know and I can take you off the list.

There might be a few regular players who missed the Canelo - Jacobs pick 'em for whatever reason, if so, apologies - I'll go through the full player list soon and pick up any that I missed, or if you see this just let me know and I'll add you in if you want to be on the list.

Regards

Koba

Comment

Thing is we already know the mass shout tag thing actually works for sure because of punchr - bless his creepy lil socks

LMFAO. The weirdo's of NSB getting an executive producer credit in the Pick Em Game. Nice & respect to them weird ass mfers.

Yea that whole thing we did that was solidly enough successful makes me thing that could help get some picks in early & drum up maybe more picks per fight & more regs.

Virtually all fights that should be pick em fights we should have 4 to 6+ weeks of early pick ability with them. Sure there will be some late sub fights & some fights that get pushed back or canceled could be some wasted time, but overall idk that it'd be much of a time burner.

Hell man I dork out on boxrec often so I'm taking hard looks at the schedule once a week minimum usually & got my own schedule of important fights to me loaded with notable TV fights down to pro debuts of Michigan/Detroit GG champs don't nobody know here. I could easily convert that into a list of further out fights of Pick Em interest & send out to you once a week or something to be like a Amber Alert of notable fights. Then you decide which ones make sense or don't make sense. I might just need to include more lil guy fights as I do have a lil bit of a anti-lil guy fight bias admittedly, but beyond that you tell me the general criteria you wanna see & I'll make a list so you don't gotta do anything else extra cept up or down vote it for pickem.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-15-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LMFAO. The weirdo's of NSB getting an executive producer credit in the Pick Em Game. Nice & respect to them weird ass mfers.

Yea that whole thing we did that was solidly enough successful makes me thing that could help get some picks in early & drum up maybe more picks per fight & more regs.

Virtually all fights that should be pick em fights we should have 4 to 6+ weeks of early pick ability with them. Sure there will be some late sub fights & some fights that get pushed back or canceled could be some wasted time, but overall idk that it'd be much of a time burner.

Hell man I dork out on boxrec often so I'm taking hard looks at the schedule once a week minimum usually & got my own schedule of important fights to me loaded with notable TV fights down to pro debuts of Michigan/Detroit GG champs don't nobody know here. I could easily convert that into a list of further out fights of Pick Em interest & send out to you once a week or something to be like a Amber Alert of notable fights. Then you decide which ones make sense or don't make sense. I might just need to include more lil guy fights as I do have a lil bit of a anti-lil guy fight bias admittedly, but beyond that you tell me the general criteria you wanna see & I'll make a list so you don't gotta do anything else extra cept up or down vote it for pickem.
                  The bolded for sure, man... everything helps, but more than that I really like the idea of this thing being a kinda community effort.

Like I say, what we're mainly looking at is the 4 and 5 star boxrec fights, but as a general rule anything where two guys in the TBRB top 10 are fighting should be in (specially if it's a title fight) or at least shortlisted. Almost any fight involving one of the consensus top guys (p4pers I guess people will call 'em) is in unless it really is a mismatch of the worst kind, and anything notable at HW right now given the interest there. Ummm. Pretty much anything in from the WBSS too.. And I mean, shit, anything else that just looks intriguing... it kinda goes with the territory that there's something of a bias towards the US fights (and the UK to a lesser extent) but I reckon we want to throw in a few for our friends in other parts of the globe when we got a justification... and yeah, again they ain't always the most followed on here but the lil guys deserve our attention too, best if we can find ones that can be watched in the UK/US though... they often got legal streams on the far East fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    The bolded for sure, man... everything helps, but more than that I really like the idea of this thing being a kinda community effort.

Like I say, what we're mainly looking at is the 4 and 5 star boxrec fights, but as a general rule anything where two guys in the TBRB top 10 are fighting should be in (specially if it's a title fight) or at least shortlisted. Almost any fight involving one of the consensus top guys (p4pers I guess people will call 'em) is in unless it really is a mismatch of the worst kind, and anything notable at HW right now given the interest there. Ummm. Pretty much anything in from the WBSS too.. And I mean, shit, anything else that just looks intriguing... it kinda goes with the territory that there's something of a bias towards the US fights (and the UK to a lesser extent) but I reckon we want to throw in a few for our friends in other parts of the globe when we got a justification... and yeah, again they ain't always the most followed on here but the lil guys deserve our attention too, best if we can find ones that can be watched in the UK/US though... they often got legal streams on the far East fights.

Cool. I'm pm you something in the next day or two as a early look at what could be of interest as of now for the pick em game & we can discuss finer points or further specifics via pm from there with honing it down to a science & getting on a regular schedule with the early pick em list.

Comment

• alexnation , atomicsad, BoxingFan85, califo, Clegg, dan_cov, eco1 , el_gringo, embryo, g27region, HarvardBlue, hhs661, Eddy Current, OnlyBeingHonest, SceneBoxer, SinderellaMan, Snoop Frog , War Mikey.

Ok gentlemen, apologies for taking up your time, but I'm compiling a shout tag list for the Pick Em to make it easy to send out reminders, canvass opinions on stuff like which fights to include and any other news and notifications. I know many of you ain't been playing regularly so feel free to ask to opt out if you feel the Pick 'em ain't for you (either say in the thread or p.m me and I'll take your name off the list), but if you would like to give it another shot we're always glad to see more guys throwing in.

Regards

Koba

EDIT: New player Sheppirino added to the shout tag list.

EDIT: New players that g and jackojuice added to shout tag list.

EDIT: New player MickG added to shout tag list.
                      Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 06-09-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X