Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward wouldve humiliated Beterbiev and Gvozdyk...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
    Wtf are you smoking? Kov was p4p top 5 when ward fought him. Beterbiev isn't top 30 maybe top 50.
    YDKSAB, my opinion is based on watching both of their fights, common opponents etc. whereas yours sounds like a typical person who looks at wikipedia or p4p lists. P4P lists don't automatically make someone a better fighter in a h2h, and p4p lists are generally innacurate and quite frankly, a popularity contest.

Rankings in orgs can move a guy that was ranked 70 into the top 10 overnight just in time for a fight with a popular fighter that has a big promoter, so don't give me BS about lists, give me your actual opinion you fuccing zombie. Always the ones that know the least that think they know the most, fuccing spannerhead queer.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      U say skilled but let me ask u this, if he had average power, what would u have?

Gvozdyk proved all u have to do is keep ur hands busy against him. Gvozdyks biggest mistake was trying to use to much of the ring. Beterbievs straight right to the body was nice but Gvozdyks basically wrapped that punch in a bow for him all night circling left.

I still see someone with speed and decent pop keeps him honest all night.
      - -How's your new job as custodian of Son of Gollum shoe collection coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        Nope , it was the Chechen Wolf
        Ward would of taken the fight with Stevenson
        I think Ward would have beaten Beterbiev once he fully shaken the ring rust off. You have to remember his inactivity because of his lawsuit against his promoter (Dan Goosen) hurt him a lot. Not only was he inactive but he was not improving as a boxer. When he beat Chad Dawson there was still holes in his game that he needed to fix.

Ward would have beaten Kovalev much more convincingly in the first fight had he stayed active as a boxer. But because Ward was inactive for so long, there was a lot of ring rust. You can tell he shaken a lot of the ring rust off during the 2nd fight with Kovalev, but he still needed to adjust to the LHW division, there were things that he could still improve on too. I think during his current state after the 2nd Kovalev fight, he felt like it was bit too much dealing with heavy punchers like Stevenson and Beterbiev. But I think Ward was more afraid Stevenson than Beterbiev. Beterbiev is someone Ward would be more motivated to fight.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 10-21-2019, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -How's your new job as custodian of Son of Gollum shoe collection coming along?
          I guess I need to be European to understand the joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            I think Ward would have beaten Beterbiev once he fully shaken the ring rust off. You have to remember his inactivity because of his lawsuit against his promoter (Dan Goosen) hurt him a lot. Not only was he inactive but he was not improving as a boxer. When he beat Chad Dawson there was still holes in his game that he needed to fix.

Ward would have beaten Kovalev much more convincingly in the first fight had he stayed active as a boxer. But because Ward was inactive for so long, there was a lot of ring rust. You can tell he shaken a lot of the ring rust off during the 2nd fight with Kovalev, but he still needed to adjust to the LHW division, there were things that he could still improve on too. I think during his current state after the 2nd Kovalev fight, he felt like it was bit too much dealing with heavy punchers like Stevenson and Beterbiev. But I think Ward was more afraid Stevenson than Beterbiev. Beterbiev is someone Ward would be more motivated to fight.

Well , as I remember correctly he was afraid of Beterbiev
            That’s when he decided to call it a day
            Mind you , att that point he should of been much more afraid of Stevenson cause Beterbiev was still green in the pros so to say

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              Well , as I remember correctly he was afraid of Beterbiev
              That’s when he decided to call it a day
              Mind you , att that point he should of been much more afraid of Stevenson cause Beterbiev was still green in the pros so to say
              Also his two fights with Kovaelv fights were controversial and that had to wear him out not just physically but mentally too, and then he had to deal with other punchers like Stevenson, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, etc. I think Ward felt like that was too much for him. Ward obviously is a more talented and better boxer than Gvozdyk.

The lawsuit against Goosen really hurt his career. He shouldn't have done that, reading about the lawsuit, he was not going to win that lawsuit. He signed a contract with Goosen for a number of years and fights, but he wanted out of the contract because one of his co-promoters wasn't getting paid (who was a good friend of his). Ward should have made his friend sue Goosen, not him.
              Last edited by Boxingwizard; 10-21-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                Also his two fights with Kovaelv fights were controversial and that had to wear him out not just physically but mentally two, and then he had to deal with other punches like Stevenson, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, etc. I think Ward felt like that was too much for him. Ward obviously is a more talented and better boxer than Gvozdyk.

That lawsuit against Goosen that really hurt his career. He shouldn't have done that, reading about the lawsuit, he was not going to win that lawsuit. He signed a contract with Goosen for a number of years and fights, but he wanted out of the contract because one of his co-promoters wasn't getting paid (who was a good friend of his)? Ward should have made his friend sue Goosen, not him.

Maybe your right but I know at that time rumour had it , he had no fughin intentions of fighting his mando who was Beterbiev
                Also , from what I know from friends who are in the scene , the Goosen brothers are known to be straight shooters
                And yes your right that was not his fight to fight
                Definitely took something out of him ( that was literally in his prime )

Comment

Working...
                X