Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward wouldve humiliated Beterbiev and Gvozdyk...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
    Mental midget? Frustrated? Sounds to me like you didn’t watch the same fight. What I saw was Beterbiev slowly adjusting, picking his shots, and changing distance while breaking down a top notch boxer using body shots and intelligent boxing. Beterbiev isn’t a skill-less one dimensional puncher, the guy is actually a thinking fighter.

And no, Ward would not have an easy night with him.
    U say skilled but let me ask u this, if he had average power, what would u have?

Gvozdyk proved all u have to do is keep ur hands busy against him. Gvozdyks biggest mistake was trying to use to much of the ring. Beterbievs straight right to the body was nice but Gvozdyks basically wrapped that punch in a bow for him all night circling left.

I still see someone with speed and decent pop keeps him honest all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      U say skilled but let me ask u this, if he had average power, what would u have?

Gvozdyk proved all u have to do is keep ur hands busy against him. Gvozdyks biggest mistake was trying to use to much of the ring. Beterbievs straight right to the body was nice but Gvozdyks basically wrapped that punch in a bow for him all night circling left.

I still see someone with speed and decent pop keeps him honest all night.
      That’s like me asking what would Roy Jones Jr or Sugar Ray Leonard be without their handspeed, or what Pernell Whitaker would be without his reflexes or George Foreman without his power. You use those attributes to your advantage to go along with your skills.

Gvozdyk had a good start when he let his hands go but Beterbiev systematically slowed him down with body shots. And that’s what he does, he patiently chops down opponents with technical efficiency.

Not sure why you can’t appreciate the skill level that Beterbiev displayed. What Beterbiev just proved was that he’s a very intelligent and skillful fighter who can switch gears. At some point he will catch up with any opponent he faces because his power slows them down.
      Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 10-19-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Ward beats them ALL BUT Beterbiev strength on the Inside would trouble Ward and you seen it last night how difficult it is to clinch him on the inside he is VERY strong on the inside and nasty

Ward had an extremely high in ring IQ so I think he would've found a way to beat ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
          That’s like me asking what would Roy Jones Jr or Sugar Ray Leonard be without their handspeed, or what Pernell Whitaker would be without his reflexes or George Foreman without his power. You use those attributes to your advantage to go along with your skills.

Gvozdyk had a good start when he let his hands go but Beterbiev systematically slowed him down with body shots. And that’s what he does, he patiently chops down opponents with technical efficiency.

Not sure why you can’t appreciate the skill level that Beterbiev displayed. What Beterbiev just proved was that he’s a very intelligent and skillful fighter who can switch gears. At some point he will catch up with any opponent he faces because his power slows them down.
          Jones and Ray Leonard were more than just handspeed. They were not Amir Khan. With their reflex, if u take away their handspeed theyd be some great counter punchers. Take away pernells reflex, u likely get a Gamboa.

Take away Beterbiev power u get a walking heavy bag, straight up and down.

Comment

I actually think Beterbiev is the real deal. I think he cleans out 175 and becomes an ATG. Very strong, throws a lot of punches, had a great gameplan too. Plus, any fight he is down in he will go balls to the wall and the beast is very hard to hold off.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
              Eh, Gvozdyk was arguably better than Kovalev when Kovalev first fought Ward, and Kovalev beat Ward in the first fight. I remember Gvozdyk was sparring with Kovalev before Kova fought Chilemba, and Gvozdyk beat Chilemba easier than Kovalev did. Plus, Beterbiev is hardly in his prime. Ward retired because he knew win or lose he was going to take a beating and lose brain cells.
              Wtf are you smoking? Kov was p4p top 5 when ward fought him. Beterbiev isn't top 30 maybe top 50.

Comment

Idk...but Ward too cagey too get knocked out or destroyed.

Question why anytime we have fantasy match-ups first thing come out yall mouth is knockout??

Comment

Insecure haters coming out, instead of congratulating a guy on a good win their here trying to belittle him, the same people who dislike GGG and Loma. Enough of this childish agenda.

Ward was a good fighter but has retired and wont be back, hypothetical matchups like this can be argued forever. At the end of the day Beterbiev and Bivol are the top guys now

Comment

Pathetic hater OP is. Just give praise to Beterbiev. He fought excellent fight and outboxed elite champion. I believe Beter will clean 175 division and becomes atg .

Comment

You can name any name. And I would say Andre Ward would win at 175. This era.
                      Kovalev was closest due to power to beating him in which I thought he won 1st fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X