Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should The Most Avoided Fighter in Boxing (Demetrius Andrade) Fight Next??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
    Obviously the best opponent who does not have an official fight is Jermall Charlo but it's not realistic. & by next I mean before the end of the year.

The WBO rankings are basura. So from what I understand you can fight people not in the top 15 (or another champ) in your division. As long as it makes $ense 💰

Ring Magazine Top 10 Rankings:

C̶.̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶e̶l̶o̶ ̶A̶l̶v̶a̶r̶e̶z̶ ̶ ̶

1̶.̶ ̶G̶e̶n̶n̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶G̶o̶l̶o̶v̶k̶i̶n̶ ̶
    ̶2̶.̶ ̶D̶a̶n̶i̶e̶l̶ ̶J̶a̶c̶o̶b̶s̶ ̶
    ̶3̶.̶ ̶D̶e̶m̶e̶t̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶r̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶
    ̶4̶.̶ ̶J̶e̶r̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶r̶l̶o̶ ̶
    5. Ryota Murata
    6̶.̶ ̶S̶e̶r̶g̶i̶y̶ ̶D̶e̶r̶e̶v̶y̶a̶n̶c̶h̶e̶n̶k̶o̶ ̶
    ̶7̶.̶ ̶D̶a̶v̶i̶d̶ ̶L̶e̶m̶i̶e̶u̶x̶
    8. Kamil Szeremeta
    9̶.̶ ̶M̶a̶c̶i̶e̶j̶ ̶S̶u̶l̶e̶c̶k̶i̶
    10. Rob Brant

So with that said I think if there's anyway possible at all, he should fight Murata. I think he's the biggest name, most realistic & most credible. If not he should fight Kamil Szeremeta or Liam Williams. List your top 5 names he should fight using that criteria.

My top 5:
    1. Ryota Murata
    2. Kamil Szeremeta
    3. Liam Williams
    4. Luke Keeler
    5. Rob Brant

*Names crossed out = unrealistic, Andrade already beat them, They just had a fight or already have one scheduled.*
    BJS at 160 or 168, there will be a title in the line at either weight...

Comment

I hate that this trash ass fighter is considered the most avoided by so many. I dont really even buy that. Hes had all sorts of dumb issues that got in the way of his biggest fights.

It wasnt like he was on some GGG, Thurman or Errol sh^t where the juice wasnt worth the squeeze.

This mofo almost got hurt by some no name cat from Namibia. Now The Donger is my mfer, but idk who the f#ck this no name citizen of Namibia with my man Donger was or that he was all that skilled. Maybe a bad night cuz of a late sub, maybe Im overly critical of this guy & maybe hes just not THAT good at the level hes fighting at now.

I think Andrade along with his fans are gonna get brought back to reality in 2020 when he will almost assuredly get called on by a big name & face planted.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        If he is so good and avoided then fight Jacobs. If he can't beat Jacobs then why should GGG or Canelo who did beat Jacobs have to fight him? Next choice is Jermall. Another guy who says he is avoided but never fights anybody good. Neither Andrade nor Jermall have ever beaten a really good middleweight yet. If they fought each other it would be the first time either of them fought a really good middleweight. Why in the hell is Jeff Horn on your list as a title challenger? He has recently been KOed by welterweight Crawford and also KOed by some unknown mediocre guy who lost to Brook. Horn is not even a top 50 guy anymore. A Jacobs vs Andrade fight would be easy to make as they are both with DAZN. It would show if Andrade is as good as he says he is. I think Jacobs beats him.
        I think the Horn mention was just a reflection of the WBO rankings, which in fairness he did say was "basura".
        The Jacobs logic makes a bit of sense though. Btw, how many more fights do you think Jacobs has in him ? I haven't heard what he plans next.
        And what do you think of the Munguia suggestion ? Is that an automatic closed door, because Andrade is SO avoided ? If so than who would Munguia be willing to fight at MW ? I agree there seems to be a lot of guys NOT fighting each other at MW & SMW, but can they "avoid" each other forever ? Say Munguia IS done at 154 lbs... If he can't get GGG or Canelo, he's going to avoid Charlo, Andrade, and Murata, and fight someone without a belt to avoid those 3 ?

If the criteria is, who are the 5 next best opponents for Andrade, based on name, credibility, and availability, I don't see why Jacobs, Murata, Munguia, and Brant can't be on that list. If "Munguia won't take the fight", who's to say any of the others will ? The point is, who are the next best 5 that Andrade should be targeting ?
        I think Jacobs and Munguia are worth a phone call before Kamil Szeremeta, Liam Williams, and Luke Keeler... yes ?
        Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          I like your list + Korobov. Just wondering if we could throw Jaime Munguia in there, as he's considering moving up...? I'm thinking that would get A LOT of attention...
          He don't want no 💨💨 only names he talks about are Canelo & GGG
          Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Is old Mavey a PBC guy?
          I coulda swore he was. I felt like I read an article saying he got some sorta deal after the Charlo fight but now I can't find it. I mean he got a 2nd fight on PBC but he didn’t fight Charlo again. Maybe that explains why there was no rematch. So maybe he is a free agent...
          Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
          Al would let him go fight him but idk if Andrade wants too. He passed on Koborov a few years back. He’s not I.
          We want to thank all of loyal fans for their support," Andrade's head trainer and father Paul Andrade said. They are the only ones who understand how our backs have been put against the wall. Everybody in boxing seemed to react to the news about Demetrius fighting Korobov for the vacant 160-pound WBO title. I'd like to get the facts straight. We were not aware of that fight, nor were we aware of the petition to the WBO to move up to fight for its middleweight title. I spoke to Artie Pelullo (Banner Promotions), who informed me that an opportunity had popped up, and that he wanted to beat (Bob) Arum (Top Rank) to the punch. He couldn't get a hold of us in advance but he has left us an option to take a fight.
          Source: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article17996.html

Pffffftttt. Korobov ain't even a threat to Andrade. There's way too many misconceptions about Andrade "passing" on fighters it's the other way around.
          Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          If he is so good and avoided then fight Jacobs. If he can't beat Jacobs then why should GGG or Canelo who did beat Jacobs have to fight him? Next choice is Jermall. Another guy who says he is avoided but never fights anybody good. Neither Andrade nor Jermall have ever beaten a really good middleweight yet. If they fought each other it would be the first time either of them fought a really good middleweight. Why in the hell is Jeff Horn on your list as a title challenger? He has recently been KOed by welterweight Crawford and also KOed by some unknown mediocre guy who lost to Brook. Horn is not even a top 50 guy anymore. A Jacobs vs Andrade fight would be easy to make as they are both with DAZN. It would show if Andrade is as good as he says he is. I think Jacobs beats him.
          Reading is fundamental.
          Originally posted by icha View Post
          BJS at 160 or 168, there will be a title in the line at either weight...
          If that was realistic it would've happened already. BJS be contradicting himself. He said him & his team want to take "the right fights at the right time." Whatever the fùck that means.
          Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I hate that this trash ass fighter is considered the most avoided by so many. I dont really even buy that. Hes had all sorts of dumb issues that got in the way of his biggest fights.

It wasnt like he was on some GGG, Thurman or Errol sh^t where the juice wasnt worth the squeeze.

This mofo almost got hurt by some no name cat from Namibia. Now The Donger is my mfer, but idk who the f#ck this no name citizen of Namibia with my man Donger was or that he was all that skilled. Maybe a bad night cuz of a late sub, maybe Im overly critical of this guy & maybe hes just not THAT good at the level hes fighting at now.

I think Andrade along with his fans are gonna get brought back to reality in 2020 when he will almost assuredly get called on by a big name & face planted.
          Couple questions:

Who are some fighters/people in boxing you respect highly or hold their opinions in high regard?

What big names would that be? (I just want clarification of who you're referring to, to be certain)

& what does this mean?? 👇👇

🤔🤔
          Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          I think the Horn mention was just a reflection of the WBO rankings, which in fairness he did say was "basura".
          The Jacobs logic makes a bit of sense though. Btw, how many more fights do you think Jacobs has in him ? I haven't heard what he plans next.
          And what do you think of the Munguia suggestion ? Is that an automatic closed door, because Andrade is SO avoided ? If so than who would Munguia be willing to fight at MW ? I agree there seems to be a lot of guys NOT fighting each other at MW & SMW, but can they "avoid" each other forever ? Say Munguia IS done at 154 lbs... If he can't get GGG or Canelo, he's going to avoid Charlo, Andrade, and Murata, and fight someone without a belt to avoid those 3 ?

If the criteria is, who are the 5 next best opponents for Andrade, based on name, credibility, and availability, I don't see why Jacobs, Murata, Munguia, and Brant can't be on that list. If "Munguia won't take the fight", who's to say any of the others will ? The point is, who are the next best 5 that Andrade should be targeting ?
          I think Jacobs and Munguia are worth a phone call before Kamil Szeremeta, Liam Williams, and Luke Keeler... yes ?
          Good post.
          The word on Munguia is, that he's having a hard time making weight. But I believe I read somewhere he's uncertain of a move to 160. He's the "undefeated" WBO champ at 154lbs. If he wants to fight Andrade, the moment he moves up he can become his mandatory. I'd be shocked if that happened. Munguia never fought anybody from PBC at 154. I don't see why at 160 it would be any different.

There's no guarantee any of them will fight Andrade. But I think removing Keeler for Korobov is a good top 5.

Comment

Couple questions:

Who are some fighters/people in boxing you respect highly or hold their opinions in high regard?
            I got respect for everyone who gets in the ring.

What big names would that be? (I just want clarification of who you're referring to, to be certain)
            Ive stated over & over again I think virtually everyone at 160 who we talk about beats Andrade if thats what you are asking. Canelo. Derevyanchenko. Mell. Danny. BJS. Im not sold on GGG still being where he was so I give him some chance to beat GGG, but I think Derevyanchenko might get GGG outta the conversation anyway. Its not even much of an insult on the guy. Hes a world class guy. I just dont think hes #1 at 160 ever & hed be doing well to get a W over one of the guys I mention to get into the legit top 3 at 160.

& what does this mean?? 👇👇
            Im just saying I think cats avoided those guys for a reason. They were too much risk for the reward. And I think Andrande is being avoided like Paul Williams was allegedly avoided back in the day. I didnt see Paul as relevant enough or was big enough to get a big fight with Floyd over others when he was hot. Thats more like Andrade now. Hes obviously on the list & he will get his shot, but just like with Williams I think he is gonna be done once he gets his big shot cuz hes gonna catch the L & be less relevant.

Idk if I broke down that well, but basically I think those 3 guys were contenders to be #1 at one time so no one wanted to let them in to get to #1 til it was worth it. I dont see Andrade as a guy whos THAT good to be avoided for any real reason. Hes just not been a sexy enough guy to fight yet for any big name, but next year he will get his shot as long as he doesnt lose to some no name first.

Comment

Why Jeff Horn, why not the guy who beat him like Zerafa?

Andrade, I believe, doesn't do well against smaller fighters
              because he doesn't use his height.
              He bends so annoyingly low when the going gets tough for him,
              which he cannot do on small fighters.
              Culcay was only 5'7", believe it or not, but performed well.

Comment

Glad to see mention of Korobov. He Murata or Brant would be just fine (Horn isn't worthy to be subjected to that humiliation, despite how amusing it would be), but honestly I see Andrade getting through any of the three with as much ease as Sulecki, in characteristic overall boring fashion. I see Korobov faring the worst with his stamina issues. TLDR; anyone mentioned but Horn.

Comment

Pffffftttt. Korobov ain't even a threat to Andrade. There's way too many misconceptions about Andrade "passing" on fighters it's the other way around.

WBO orders Demetrius Andrade vs Matt Korobov for middleweight title
                  https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...leweight-title

Andrade Passes on Middleweight Title Shot, Korobov to Fight Saunders Instead

http://thaboxingvoice.com/andrade-pa...nders-instead/

Apparently he was enough of a threat for him to request the title shot then pull out.

Comment

I got respect for everyone who gets in the ring.
                    That's a duck 😭

Ive stated over & over again I think virtually everyone at 160 who we talk about beats Andrade if thats what you are asking. Canelo. Derevyanchenko. Mell. Danny. BJS. Im not sold on GGG still being where he was so I give him some chance to beat GGG, but I think Derevyanchenko might get GGG outta the conversation anyway. Its not even much of an insult on the guy. Hes a world class guy. I just dont think hes #1 at 160 ever & hed be doing well to get a W over one of the guys I mention to get into the legit top 3 at 160.

Im just saying I think cats avoided those guys for a reason. They were too much risk for the reward. And I think Andrande is being avoided like Paul Williams was allegedly avoided back in the day. I didnt see Paul as relevant enough or was big enough to get a big fight with Floyd over others when he was hot. Thats more like Andrade now. Hes obviously on the list & he will get his shot, but just like with Williams I think he is gonna be done once he gets his big shot cuz hes gonna catch the L & be less relevant.

Idk if I broke down that well, but basically I think those 3 guys were contenders to be #1 at one time so no one wanted to let them in to get to #1 til it was worth it. I dont see Andrade as a guy whos THAT good to be avoided for any real reason. Hes just not been a sexy enough guy to fight yet for any big name, but next year he will get his shot as long as he doesnt lose to some no name first.
                    BJS is gonna "face plant" Andrade. 😭😭 Same MF that's been ducking #tilthisday 🗣🗣

I'm glad you did name some names tho... Did you know the same Derevyanchenko & Jacobs that you think will beat him; their own trainer believes Andrade is the best middleweight? 🤔 Did you know Jacobs & Andrade have been in the ring in the past year? & did you know Jacobs out his own mouth said aside from himself he felt Andrade was the most talented at 160?

Doesn’t everybody get avoided for a reason? Lol 😂

So he's a "trash ass fighter" but a "world class guy" at the same time? 🤔

Never seen Paul Williams fight, don't care to so I have no comment on him.

If Andrade isn't the most avoided to you then who is?

It's funny that you name Thurman who Andrade fùcked up, what like 4/5 times in the amateurs? 🤔 & Errol "I'd go to 160 for Canelo but don't feel like it for Andrade" Spence & think there "good enough to avoid" but not Andrade. So I'm guessing Floyd is supposed to be the guy who was avoiding Thurman who just got beat by a 40 y.o. out of prime Pacquiao 😭😭

Idk man, everybody's entitled to their opinion but I just don't get the logic.

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    Why Jeff Horn, why not the guy who beat him like Zerafa?

Andrade, I believe, doesn't do well against smaller fighters
                    because he doesn't use his height.
                    He bends so annoyingly low when the going gets tough for him,
                    which he cannot do on small fighters.
                    Culcay was only 5'7", believe it or not, but performed well.
                    I don't make the rankings up. But the WBO should release their September rankings soon. I'd expect he'll be in there.

Did Culcay perform well or did Andrade get sick & have an off night?
                    Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
                    Glad to see mention of Korobov. He Murata or Brant would be just fine (Horn isn't worthy to be subjected to that humiliation, despite how amusing it would be), but honestly I see Andrade getting through any of the three with as much ease as Sulecki, in characteristic overall boring fashion. I see Korobov faring the worst with his stamina issues. TLDR; anyone mentioned but Horn.
                    Somebody watches boxing I see. I disagree with the theory Andrade-Murata will be boring tho. I think GGG & Murata are going to make Andrade look phenomenal!
                    Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                    WBO orders Demetrius Andrade vs Matt Korobov for middleweight title
                    https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...leweight-title

Andrade Passes on Middleweight Title Shot, Korobov to Fight Saunders Instead

http://thaboxingvoice.com/andrade-pa...nders-instead/

Apparently he was enough of a threat for him to request the title shot then pull out.
                    😭😭😭 Yo I just posted the qu- you know what nevermind. Reading is fundamental. ✌

Comment

- -Dear Androgynous should fight his most avoided shadow in boxing to collect 100% of the mini purse he commands.

Comment

Working...
                      X