Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Spence will fight ANY of the other 3 Welterweight champs in 2019?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Spence will fight ANY of the other 3 Welterweight champs in 2019?

Spence, Thurman, and Porter all have an opponent and dates set for the first half of 2019.

Which means if any of these 3 are going to fight each other, it will be in the second half of 2019. Both Thurman and Porter have talked about fighting each other in a rematch in the second half of 2019. They both also said they’d like to fight Pacquiao if he beats Broner.

So that leaves Crawford, but Spence says he doesn’t want to fight Crawford until he has all of the “PBC” welterweight belts.

So will Spence fight ANY of the other welterweight champions in 2019?

The outcome depends on the outcome of the Mikey Garcia fight and the pac/broner fight.

If he loses to Mikey nope.

If he beats mikey and broner beats pac then MAYBE.

But I highly doubt well see any big WW matchups in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
      The outcome depends on the outcome of the Mikey Garcia fight and the pac/broner fight.

If he loses to Mikey nope.

If he beats mikey and broner beats pac then MAYBE.

But I highly doubt well see any big WW matchups in 2019
      Pacquiao didn’t want to fight Crawford, so I doubt he’ll want to face someone as big and strong as Spence.

Thurman and Porter are also unlikely for Pacquiao.

I could see Pac fighting Danny Garcia though.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
        Spence, Thurman, and Porter all have an opponent and dates set for the first half of 2019.

Which means if any of these 3 are going to fight each other, it will be in the second half of 2019. Both Thurman and Porter have talked about fighting each other in a rematch in the second half of 2019. They both also said they’d like to fight Pacquiao if he beats Broner.

So that leaves Crawford, but Spence says he doesn’t want to fight Crawford until he has all of the “PBC” welterweight belts.

I have heard enough interviews of Spence to believe that after he probably KOs Mikey he would love to fight either Thurman or Porter so it would depend on if they would be willing to fight Spence, MAN DOWN!

Comment

No way, his daddy Haymon will find him more cherry picks. Spence no balls to fight a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post

Porter... easy work.

Comment

sadly no. thurman is taking a tune up and then fighting Porter the end of the year. Thurman literally just said yesterday he's back and after his win he plans on getting his his WBC belt back. Porter won his belt after he was stripped. No shot thurman fights 3 times this year or fights Porter and Spence back to back later this year.

Manny signed a 2 fight deal with Haymon to cash out with a Floyd rematch. He refused to be sacrificed by Arum to Crawford so why would he let Haymon do the same with Spence? It will be Floyd and ride off to the sunset.

It would take either Manny, Thurman, Porter getting upset in their stay busy/tune up fights to ruin the plan and for Spence to get one of the belt holders.

Otherwise you getting Thurman v Porter 2 and Floyd v Manny 2 while Spence is the odd man out in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                sadly no. thurman is taking a tune up and then fighting Porter the end of the year. Thurman literally just said yesterday he's back and after his win he plans on getting his his WBC belt back. Porter won his belt after he was stripped. No shot thurman fights 3 times this year or fights Porter and Spence back to back later this year.
                After the PBC on FOX press conference, Thurman said he’d like to fight 3 times in 2019 to make up for lost time... but I believe that when I see it.

Comment

No. Porter will fight Thurman late summer
                  Manny fighting Floyd at some point this year.

Comment

I heard he is fighting Berchelt next

Comment

Working...
                    X