Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon & ITV UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been better if Haymon entered the UK market when he had Selby/Degale/Frampton/Khan a few years ago. Now most of those guys are gone or out of their prime. But will be interesting nonetheless. Will obviously need to pick up some youngsters from the UK out of the amateur system to have any success. Good for guys like Joyce who should have plenty of dates now either in the UK or in the states.

Now that Warren has linked up with TR and obviously DAZN/SKY, there was going to be a void in who would pick up the PBC cards. Now ITV looks to be the one that will.

But to the actual fight, UK really puts ANYTHING on PPV huh? Like what would the point be to subscribe to Sky or BT Sports just for boxing when any good/decent fight goes on PPV?

Comment

apart from having us shows on more regular basis this wont mean much

eubank and degale arent doing anything massive any more

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        But to the actual fight, UK really puts ANYTHING on PPV huh? Like what would the point be to subscribe to Sky or BT Sports just for boxing when any good/decent fight goes on PPV?
        The licensing fees just aren't enough to secure high profile fights on regular channels. ITV especially will have a much lower boxing budget than Sky Sports and BT Sport so I'll be surprised if PBC brings anything more to free TV than occasional small hall shows

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          The licensing fees just aren't enough to secure high profile fights on regular channels. ITV especially will have a much lower boxing budget than Sky Sports and BT Sport so I'll be surprised if PBC brings anything more to free TV than occasional small hall shows
          The last thing you said is the key to all of this. In the UK, correct me if I'm wrong, but it is far more important making money off the live gate than the actual license fee right? Because stateside, a lot of these promoters are fine with not having a good crowd since they will get a $3+ million license fee for a certain card by the network.

Maybe they air all PBC cards at least? That would be nice if possible, especially with the amount of cards they will have next year and beyond. Joyce will be the one guy that will get pushed and could get some solid fights, but he's not getting any top guy on this platform. He may one day get Wilder, will that fight will take place in the states and probably ITV box office at 4 am in the morning. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            We shall see how this works, I don't think this is any attempt to "Take Over The UK" or any of that unrealistic Nonsense. As for Haye, he is off to a pretty good start building himself a solid Roster for his Hayemaker/Ringstar Promotions with Richard Schaefer
            how solid is his roster when they are afraid to put a 33 year olds joe Joyce in with a c level fighter like Gerald Washington?

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
              lmao. Hearn "stole" Amir Khan. lol. Good one, I needed a good laugh. Hearn stole Khan straight out of the retirement community Khan was living in!

Hearn and Haymon will continue to work together when it makes sense for them to. Of course every promoter tries to sign all the big stars. That is their job after all. But the second part of that job is to make their fighters the most money they can. Which sometimes includes having Matchroom fighters face PBC fighters.

You are truly one uninformed, oblivious posters on here. I see you do not deal with reality well. Best wishes, my friend, hopefully they find a medication that works for you. All of us here at BS are pulling for you. Serious mental illness is a real problem, and I salute you for being so out front with yours.
              wow u really are mentally challenged.

Khan is one of the biggest names at welterweight no matter what u think of him as a fighter.

Haymon was so mad that Eddie stole Khan that he moved DeGale and selby from fighting on Hearn cards to signing with Frank Warren.

Do your research next time so u don’t look so ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Eddie Hearn didn't steal Amir Khan, he only promotes him. Currently he has only one last fight on his Matchhroom Boxing contract. However, he is still is an Al Haymon advised fighter; Just like his entire talent is roster, no matter who they decide to work and allow to promote them. They are still Al Haymon's fighters.
                Khan already said he isn’t with Haymon. U are right about only one more got fight with Haymon although they are negotiating an extension

Comment

Who's he gonna sign lol. He's notoriously biased in signing Black fighters. There's only Joshua that's good who's not white in the UK though! and even he is 1/4 white lol

Comment

Who's he gonna sign

Eubank Jr, Ogogo, Ohara Davies, Okolie, Chamberlain, Luke Watkins, Marcus Morrison, Asinia Byfield Zelfa Barrett LOL

His stable would be terrible , it would be even worse then the TMT stable LOL

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      how solid is his roster when they are afraid to put a 33 year olds joe Joyce in with a c level fighter like Gerald Washington?
                      Chisora and Joe Joyce I would say is solid for a guy just getting started with his Boxing Management/Promotion Company after recently retiring. Also has Michael "Venon" Page also brings popularity over to boxing from his MMA Career. So yeah...SOLID!

Comment

Working...
                      X