Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I Just Feel Like Thurman's Not Hungry Anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember my friend mentioning Keith Thurman to me before Thurman hit prime time. I like Kieth, he's got a great personality and expresses himself well. No one really knows what's going on in his mind. I'm not gonna lie though, that second time he was injured and posted that elbow pic I didn't know what to make of it. I just got the vibe that he didn't want to fight anytime soon. He got married, is enjoying life, and accomplished some pretty big things in a short span of time. Whether or not he's still hungry will be determined if and when he comes back. It's about to be two years though!

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      Since when does being injured translate to loss of hunger..?

Still trying to figure that out.
      Hes long been recovered from injury, has completely resigned himself from boxing.

Some fighters will do Showtime/HBO/PBC when they're injured, but Thurman willingly exited the spotlight. He could've been talking himself up and talking up big fights - zero.

Of Danny's bizarre statement you ppl picked the one thing that made sense lol..the rest of it is delusional

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
        " A win over Danny Garcia is probably one of the biggest wins you could get in boxing. You know, he got that, he unified the division. I think he reached heights in his career that he always wanted to reach."

Is it?
        It seems like a good question to debate: belts aside, what is a win over Danny Garcia wo rth in 2018?
        I don't like to swear at people, but you are ****ing dumb. Is this a legit ****ing statement? 1 loss..unified jr ww champ, former ww champ, fighting another "top tier " ww, he is in the prime of his career..quit being a ****ing hater..

Comment

"I just feel like Dany Garcia is a bit of an idiot, like his dad."_Keith Thurman

Comment

Danny is right a win over him is the best win you can get in boxing...........

Hahahaha wow this dude is feeling himself a little bit too much on that comment lol Herrera and Peterson must be straight then lol

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              Good point! But I suspect he is done. He has been too inactive. Great shame for the fans but I hope K.T is having a blast and enjoying his life.
              True indeed! I think he held up the title too long, and I don't understand what the WBA is doing, but hey, it's the WBA!

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                Since when does being injured translate to loss of hunger..?

Still trying to figure that out.
                From the way he talks or moreso doesn’t talk, it gives the impression that’s hes not in a hurry to come back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  The second I saw Thurman in an interview all head over heels with some foreign chic and saying how he got married to her so quickly after barely knowing her, I know that the guy who once yelled out "stop ducking me son!" ceased to exist.
                  I saw it the same way. That man seems to be a super simp.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
                    I don't like to swear at people, but you are ****ing dumb. Is this a legit ****ing statement? 1 loss..unified jr ww champ, former ww champ, fighting another "top tier " ww, he is in the prime of his career..quit being a ****ing hater..
                    When did I say that Danny was wrong or not for making such statement. All I know is that in 2018, with the current state of boxing fandom, some might feel that with Danny's resume at 147, it might not be that big of a statement a win over him. Hence, why I'm asking the question.

Oh and please, find a quote of mine where I'm hating on Danny or any other top level boxer.

Comment

I don't think the injury was a serious one to begin with. The type of injury is normally taken care of with arthoscopic surgery. I laugh at Garcia trying to take credit for hurting him. Here is what Thurman said after the surgery via ESPN:

I had loose bodies in the elbow, similar to what baseball pitchers have," said Thurman, who is undergoing rehabilitation on his arm. "They had to go in and take out the loose bodies and calcium deposits. It was getting in the way of the hinging of the elbow and when I threw a punch. It was causing pain and inflammation.

"I noticed it before the Danny Garcia fight. There was no way to get rid of it without the surgery. I'm healing and getting the function back so that I can be pain-free."

Comment

Working...
                      X