Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some fighters flat footed? Is it genetic like speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are just more athletic than others. Also Chino foot speed is underrated, all you hear is hes a flatfooted Rios, which is hilarious cause if you actually open your eyes when Floyd tried to move away Chino caught up to him and he has a nice bounce to his step, unlike Canelo who looks like he has cement on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      I didn't say only white guys have it. I called it white guy syndrome. Like when a white guy has a little funk to his step, or can dance like a black guy. Same thing.

No white guy can dance like a black guy.

He has to be taught. He needs an example to COPY.

Albeit, I can teach a dog to walk on two feet, but it's not natural to him. But entertaining to the uninitiated...

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        I don't think being a flat footed fighter is determined by if you actually have flat feet lol. It's how they were taught. Broner bounced around a little vs taylor
        Yup, Broner actually bounced around a lot against Maidana ...... after he got hit!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Yup, Broner actually bounced around a lot against Maidana ...... after he got hit!
          Lol he actually got up. Unlike your hero pac

Comment

Lol it's how you train. How you train is how you fight. Look at how a guy like pac hits the mitts/bags and then watch how broner hits the mitts/bag. you'll get your answer.

Comment

its just goes by how you grew up, if you was athletic since a kid then you be that as an adult, but if you was more of a calm person you gonna be heavy on your feets.

Comment

there is a genetic trait that gives some people flat feet(literal)

but they say it makes no difference, some even argue it's better for balance
                anyway

some guys just dont train for that explosive footwork, your legs not only have to be strong but you have to be fast too, i've seen canelo do some distance covering stutter steps but he doesn't do it often, his legs probably are'nt explosive enough for him to keep it up

Comment

The Canelo fight is on now. Still no idea what that ****** was doing against Floyd.

He was scared ****less for like 10 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

anyway

some guys just dont train for that explosive footwork, your legs not only have to be strong but you have to be fast too, i've seen canelo do some distance covering stutter steps but he doesn't do it often, his legs probably are'nt explosive enough for him to keep it up
                    My feet are flat and I had no idea that people argued that it was better for balance. How is this so?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

anyway

Flat feet aren't better for balance. Especially if you pronate. It makes things un aligned
                      Last edited by HanzGruber; 09-13-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X