Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman owning his radio partner who made fun of lightweights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Kellerman owning his radio partner who made fun of lightweights.

Max Kellerman do a radio show on ESPN LA with this football player Marcellus Wiley. Marcellus is 6'4 and played at 250-260 Pounds during his prime. Kellerman was comparing the 'fine arts' of boxing to football and he brought up Pernell Whitaker.
    Marcellus Wiley said 'Dude.. the guy was 130 pounds Max and 5'6.. What he gonna do to me during my prime.. Get at me.They can't knock out a NFL Player,
    Man.. name a boxer from the 90's that can take me down during my playing day.

Max Kellerman Reply
    "What about Prime Lennox Lewis?" "Prime Riddick Bowe" Well Marcellus how do you think you will do against Prime Riddick Bowe and Lennox.

Marcellus Wiley
    " Why we talking about boxing anyways'

Roy Jones would f**k him up probably too. Not in a street fight, but put him in a ring against an NFL player, prime for prime. I'll take a 168-175 lb Roy against a 240-250 lb NFL player in a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Roy Jones would f**k him up probably too. Not in a street fight, but put him in a ring against an NFL player, prime for prime. I'll take a 168-175 lb Roy against a 240-250 lb NFL player in a ring.
      Roy jones would've most certainly ****ed him up in a street fight.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        I don't know. An NFL player could just tackle your ass in the street and smother you, and having like 70-80 lbs on him, I don't know. But in a ring, Roy being a trained fighter would f**k any football player up.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          Roy? Most definitely.

Comment

I don't know. An NFL player could just tackle your ass in the street and smother you, and having like 70-80 lbs on him, I don't know. But in a ring, Roy being a trained fighter would f**k any football player up.
            even a guy like hopkins would mess up a fat slob like marcellus wiley

Comment

Ya this is a interesting topic. During the Grant-Lewis camps, people were saying Wladimir who is as big as Lewis and weight around 240-250 was getting thrown around by a Semi Martial Artist pretty easily. I think 'street fighting' takes a certain kind of fighter to succeed at.
              I think guys like Nigel Benn will do much better in that environment than say a Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Roy was too fast and too athletic to be easily caught like that. He'd probably land two or three hard shots and move away before being tackled. Then the cycle would repeat itself a couple more times before Jones KOed the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                  even a guy like hopkins would mess up a fat slob like marcellus wiley
                  Hopkins was a killer though. That guy is a legit prison King. Roy is just a country boy with freakish speed in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Roy was too fast and too athletic to be easily caught like that. He'd probably land two or three hard shots and move away before being tackled. Then the cycle would repeat itself a couple more times before Jones KOed the bigger man.
                    Ya but it won't be as funny as imagining a Prime 6'5 240 Pound Bowe or 245 Pound Lewis just shatter the NFL Player's chin in 1 jab.

Comment

Working...
                    X