Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Orlando Salido at 126 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salido is declining so it depends what he has in the tank.

But I would still lean on him, by knockout.

His right hand can't seem to miss against Southpaws.

Comment

salido via knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

agree. rigo would probably slip everything early on, and siri might even spend a round or two just staring at him, the way most of his opponents, do, but 12 rounds is a long time.

rigo doesn't have "it" for 12 rounds. he's got "it" in spots. sometimes he looks like one of the greats, but it's only for tiny portions of each round.

siri catches up to him and knocks him out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

True but tbh I think Rigo was declining before he went pro, I think Salido would knock him out for sure and I'd put a lot of money on it. I have a feeling Rigo will be knocked out sometime soon, not necessarily that he naturally has a weak chin, I just can't imagine a fighter with his kind of background, rigorous amateur training and hundreds of fights, not having taking a serious toll, especially given his age and size.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            agree. rigo would probably slip everything early on, and siri might even spend a round or two just staring at him, the way most of his opponents, do, but 12 rounds is a long time.

rigo doesn't have "it" for 12 rounds. he's got "it" in spots. sometimes he looks like one of the greats, but it's only for tiny portions of each round.

siri catches up to him and knocks him out.
            cosizzle.

you can bet your ass top rank isn't making this fight anytime soon

Comment

Salido is a brawler with a size advantage. Rigo either thoroughly out-boxes him or gets hurt and stopped. I wanna see how Rigo looks against Poonsawat first, as that'll be his first time having to deal with a similar style. I'll favor Salido just because we don't know how Rigo would look @126. It's a fight that shouldn't be on the radar anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                On that note how do people think Rigo vs Mares would go? An interesting fight imo. Would love to see just how slick Rigo really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  On that note how do people think Rigo vs Mares would go? An interesting fight imo. Would love to see just how slick Rigo really is.

not slick enough, i'd venture.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Salido is a brawler with a size advantage. Rigo either thoroughly out-boxes him or gets hurt and stopped. I wanna see how Rigo looks against Poonsawat first, as that'll be his first time having to deal with a similar style. I'll favor Salido just because we don't know how Rigo would look @126. It's a fight that shouldn't be on the radar anyway.
                    why not? rigo should not wait for mares or donaire. if bigger fights are in the horizon, then i think he should go after them. mares and/or donaire will eventually move up anyways, so rigo has a head start

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                      why not? rigo should not wait for mares or donaire. if bigger fights are in the horizon, then i think he should go after them. mares and/or donaire will eventually move up anyways, so rigo has a head start
                      Rigo is small at 122, and he'll be even smaller at 126. He'd be at an even bigger size disadvantage @ FW against Nonito. Rigo should try to campaign for as long as his body allows him to.

Comment

Working...
                      X